Career Officer
# 151
11-18-2012, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Misinformed
Seriously... you don't even think to consider that Fleet and Embassy construction are costly end-game features that are the true end of game content.

STF's as they were barely covered my costs in dilithium for contributing to the Fleet... now with Embassies the mountain is simply to tall to climb.

The value of zen has already dropped by 18 odd points since Season 7.

Think before you type.

In a month or so I think your opinion will have changed.

The idea that good game design should make things impossibly hard is total and utter hogwash.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-18-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Captain
# 152
11-18-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Seriously... you don't even think to consider that Fleet and Embassy construction are costly end-game features that are the true end of game content.

STF's as they were barely covered my costs in dilithium for contributing to the Fleet... now with Embassies the mountain is simply to tall to climb.

The value of zen has already dropped by 18 odd points since Season 7.

Think before you type.

In a month or so I think your opinion will have changed.

The idea that good game design should make things impossibly hard is total and utter hogwash.

I think they're poorly scaled to small fleets, yes. They have been since implementation, and it has little to none to do with this season. They are also not a race, you need not have the assignments filled the second they pop.

The zen drop was expected. I (and many others) actually started hoarding dilithium 2 weeks ago, and I'm waiting for the market to bottom out before I convert

Last edited by xantris; 11-18-2012 at 05:03 AM.
Captain
# 153
11-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
overall, this game is easy mode for those who have all the resources. take away all the resources that players like you and i have and i guarantee we would be singing a different tune. how would we afford our equipment upgrades? or those doffs we slot? take away all the top tiered equipment that we've accumulated over all this time. those are the players severely affected by this. not us fat cats perched upon our windowsills.
I have a fed that's only been 50 a week or two. He is handling eSTFs just fine with a Jem'hadar set and some Mk XI blue Polarons, I can't run him with an AoE build because its too much heat with the trashy Jem shields,, but I can still carry pugs to optionals without a significant problem.
Commander
# 154
11-18-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
I have a fed that's only been 50 a week or two. He is handling eSTFs just fine with a Jem'hadar set and some Mk XI blue Polarons, I can't run him with an AoE build because its too much heat with the trashy Jem shields,, but I can still carry pugs to optionals without a significant problem.
so zero doffs for space and ground? how much did you spend for your consoles and the weapons?
Captain
# 155
11-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
so zero doffs for space and ground? how much did you spend for your consoles and the weapons?
I think I have some green doffs for shield distro and evasive maneuvers. The Polarons were dirt cheap, like 25-30k a piece. Same with green consoles. I never even pay attention to ground doffs, I probably have some random stuff slotted in there.

If you want to live cheap starting off, stick with an unpopular damage type. Plasma is also a super cheap option, so is Tetryon. I went with Polaron because of the Jem'hadar bonus.
Captain
# 156
11-18-2012, 05:17 AM
I think you can set up a ship for stfs from
The story missions loot that will work doing
on elite stfs for free.

It won't be the best but it should work until
You can tier up

If I didn't have to grind so much I would try it
Myself.
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Captain
# 157
11-18-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
I think you can set up a ship for stfs from
The story missions loot that will work doing
on elite stfs for free.

It won't be the best but it should work until
You can tier up

If I didn't have to grind so much I would try it
Myself.

Yep, you can get some Blue MkXI neutroniums off the last undine mission.

You can get scaling phased Polaron cannons (or beams) off "boldly they rode".

That right there, along with the Jem'hadar set, will put you in a fine place to start off without spending a single EC
Commander
# 158
11-18-2012, 05:31 AM
well then, i rescind my assertion. current and future casual players should have no problem remaining competitive. they should be able to gear up and pug e-stfs with a little bit of skill and luck. all they have to do is rely on a couple mission drops and blue/green items. sounds like a very solid plan.
Captain
# 159
11-18-2012, 06:14 AM
How much have they been bragging about how well their sales were going and how they doubled their staff.
A financial necessity? Nope.

I don't just think about the bad decisions they made, I look at the right ones they could have taken too.

You know they could just have kept everything as is and build a rep system on top with actual new content... does it really sound so crazy.
Career Officer
# 160
11-18-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Yep, you can get some Blue MkXI neutroniums off the last undine mission.

You can get scaling phased Polaron cannons (or beams) off "boldly they rode".

That right there, along with the Jem'hadar set, will put you in a fine place to start off without spending a single EC
Lol no, no and no.

I have a Bug Ship, it is equipped with the Jem XI, and Mk XII polarons... it has Purple MK XII Neutronium and a whole host of other Mk XII consoles...

It will still get smashed to bits by one invisitorp.

Since Season 7 started in the Pugs and Private games I've played it's been with good players in good kit and we've still only made optional by a minute or two at best (save ISE). When before we could finish with 4 or 5 minutes to spare on CSE or KASE.

So no they won't be prepared and there will be problems.