Ensign
This is my first post since playing STO but I read through the forum most days and it is just a mass of moaning and complaining so I wanted to through in my two pennies worth.

I have only been playing STO since mid season 6 and am I really enjoying it. And that goes for the changes that have come in during season 7. I think the PvE queue is a lot clearer and at it is good to know exactly what you are getting and I believe that when we could see how many people were in the queue often influenced what game you joined. The reputation systems are great and at least I know I will be able to eventually get everything I want rather than waiting for the random drops and I can work on my own projects which, for me at least, adds more depth and meaning to the other factions and having to wait to get something just does not bother me so long as it is achievable. I started playing the STFs as soon as I reached level 45 but quickly ditched them as soon as I heard about the rep system coming in. I really hate it when getting the best gear is completely random. New Romulus is great with a lot of work going in to it and it is good to be trekking round new places.

In my opinion I think Cryptic and PWE are doing a good job with STO and there will be a lot more great content to come.

On to the complainers and moaners....

There are countless gamers going on about F2P and 'I am not putting a penny in to STO' blah, blah, blah and 'this ship or that ship should not be in the C-Store or should be cheaper'. Well, clearly the F2P business model is built round Zen and the C-Store. Not everyone will have a monthly or lifetime subscription so the money has to come from somewhere. I do not have much disposable income but if I want something I save up like I did for the Vesta bundle. If no one brought anything we would quickly have no STO.

As for earning dilithium? we can only refine 8000 or 9000 a day so how much do you need to earn. I work full time, have a family and only play for a few hours at night but last night I managed - Explore Strange New Worlds=1440, Warzone=1440, Klingon Front=1440, Mining= 625, Doff mission Contaband=2000, STF=480 which earned me a total of 7425 dilithium and this was in only a couple of hours and then I went on to fleet events to get marks. How much do you need to earn that you can not use?

Dilithium costs for fleet and embassy? I am in a fleet where lots of people contribute so a 100,000+ cost is quickly filled. Don?t see a problem with this. If your fleet costs are too high for you because only a few are contributing then find another fleet.

Last thought from me...This is 'STAR TREK ONLINE' not 'Loot Drop Online' or 'Dilithium Miner Online'. Also, things change...

Well, I have said my piece for now so I guess I better myself for the incoming flak...

Last edited by grae3107; 11-18-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Captain
# 2
11-18-2012, 06:37 AM
And there was me thinking they relied on lockboxes...
Captain
# 3
11-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grae3107 View Post
As for earning dilithium? we can only refine 8000 or 9000 a day so how much do you need to earn.

PER CHARACTER.

If I was content with 8K per day, I wouldn't have gotten more character slots. Earning 8K dilithium per day for the whole account is laughable when you look at the costs of building a starbase, and now in season 7 top shelf items will cost tens of thousands each.
Career Officer
# 4
11-18-2012, 07:36 AM
I will definitely be glad when all the moaning and groaning stops and the forum is not a depressing experience anymore. Maybe when some of those who keep threatening to quit actually do.

S7 isn't perfect. Nothing in this world is. There are things I don't like about it, but that's life.

Porthos is not amused.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-18-2012, 07:43 AM
No new update to any game will ever be perfect, nor will it be liked by all. I think the positives in S7 faaaar outweigh the few negatives. Loving S7, PWE!
Captain
# 6
11-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Interesting post.

It should be noted that people post because they want to and that not all of STOs playerbase are forum users.

SO, the people who post may actually represent a minority to the true population. These become the vocal minority but actually *look* like the majority.

For my part, I'm trying to look for posts that help my game, not read about how someone else's game is ruined. This is an evolving process as this post runs counter to the previous sentece
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
11-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Interesting post.

It should be noted that people post because they want to and that not all of STOs playerbase are forum users.

SO, the people who post may actually represent a minority to the true population. These become the vocal minority but actually *look* like the majority.

For my part, I'm trying to look for posts that help my game, not read about how someone else's game is ruined. This is an evolving process as this post runs counter to the previous sentece
Well said!!!!
Lieutenant
# 8
11-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
This is my first post since playing STO but I read through the forum most days and it is just a mass of moaning and complaining so I wanted to through in my two pennies worth.

I have only been playing STO since mid season 6 and am I really enjoying it. And that goes for the changes that have come in during season 7. I think the PvE queue is a lot clearer and at it is good to know exactly what you are getting and I believe that when we could see how many people were in the queue often influenced what game you joined. The reputation systems are great and at least I know I will be able to eventually get everything I want rather than waiting for the random drops and I can work on my own projects which, for me at least, adds more depth and meaning to the other factions and having to wait to get something just does not bother me so long as it is achievable. I started playing the STFs as soon as I reached level 45 but quickly ditched them as soon as I heard about the rep system coming in. I really hate it when getting the best gear is completely random. New Romulus is great with a lot of work going in to it and it is good to be trekking round new places.
I'm agree without you i love STO too and i play since the closed beta.

Quote:
In my opinion I think Cryptic and PWE are doing a good job with STO and there will be a lot more great content to come.

On to the complainers and moaners....

There are countless gamers going on about F2P and 'I am not putting a penny in to STO' blah, blah, blah and 'this ship or that ship should not be in the C-Store or should be cheaper'. Well, clearly the F2P business model is built round Zen and the C-Store. Not everyone will have a monthly or lifetime subscription so the money has to come from somewhere. I do not have much disposable income but if I want something I save up like I did for the Vesta bundle. If no one brought anything we would quickly have no STO.
You forget to say about even if you are lifer or godl member you have to pay the same than free member, and you have the same problem with dilithium than free member, you don't have access to all the game like free member .... For me that the big problem

Quote:
As for earning dilithium? we can only refine 8000 or 9000 a day so how much do you need to earn. I work full time, have a family and only play for a few hours at night but last night I managed - Explore Strange New Worlds=1440, Warzone=1440, Klingon Front=1440, Mining= 625, Doff mission Contaband=2000, STF=480 which earned me a total of 7425 dilithium and this was in only a couple of hours and then I went on to fleet events to get marks. How much do you need to earn that you can not use?

Dilithium costs for fleet and embassy? I am in a fleet where lots of people contribute so a 100,000+ cost is quickly filled. Don?t see a problem with this. If your fleet costs are too high for you because only a few are contributing then find another fleet.

Last thought from me...This is 'STAR TREK ONLINE' not 'Loot Drop Online' or 'Dilithium Miner Online'. Also, things change...

Well, I have said my piece for now so I guess I better myself for the incoming flak...
I'm half agrre with you because i'm like you i work all the day have a family and i can play a couple of hours, and that the problem that mean the only thing i will have to do is farm farm farm and farm, i will spend all my game time to farm i wish can play sometime !

And again i understand you like what they do but my complain is about gold member and lifer, because we pay a subscription but at the end we have to pay and farm like free member
Commander
# 9
11-18-2012, 10:24 AM
I've said this before and I'll probably say this a hundred thousand times before they pull the plug on the servers.

This is the Kingdom of the Most High Nerds. Nerd rage isn't the exception, it's the damned rule. I mean come on, for crying out loud, this is Star Trek!! We don't just speak nerd, we scream it with a bullhorn!!
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Captain
# 10
11-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
I will definitely be glad when all the moaning and groaning stops and the forum is not a depressing experience anymore. Maybe when some of those who keep threatening to quit actually do.

S7 isn't perfect. Nothing in this world is. There are things I don't like about it, but that's life.
Keep dreaming. The forums have always been a toxic experience, and I kind of wish I knew why I was dumb enough to keep up with them - probably because they were very helpful when I was a fledgling n00b. There are some thoughtful people on here, they're just usually not the loudest. The loudest tend to dominate the forums and in-game chat.

Unfortunately there have been doomsday prophecies every single day since I got on here, and tons of them. I swear, some people live to watch STO die - and will probably be crying the hardest should it actually shuffle off this mortal coil. Especially when they realize that the only replacement Star Trek game that is likely to ever surface would be based on Abrams' reboot.

Last edited by red01999; 11-18-2012 at 01:24 PM.