Commander
# 31
11-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soiduts View Post
Since season 7 was put on Tribble and now is live, I've had problems with the game going completely black screen even few moments and Windows 7 keeps giving me the error 'Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.' I have had no problems with graphics issues on this laptop i3, intel 2000 computer but now it does the same thing regardless of the set resolution, fullscreen or windowed or the detail settings set. STO S7 is the only program causing this issue. Seems that season 7 added graphics changes that hopefully can be resolved. I have updated to the latest Intel drivers as well and that does not solve the problem. The game has worked fine for me all the way to season 6.
I've started a thread on it - http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=443801
Commander
# 32
11-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsww View Post
It's nice to see others finally reporting this and from both camps. This is an issue on both ATI and nVidia hardware and is related to AntiAliasing. I don't design graphics drivers but it's not the first time Cryptic's poor coding has caused issues like this. Get it fixed! Until then (probably going to be a few years until they bother), 2x AA minimizes this issue.
Where do you change the AA settings?
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-13-2012, 06:47 PM
I think they mean Anti-Ailaising but for me that is turned off so I have no idea what they mean.
Captain
# 34 Same hear
11-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Deleted STO eventually.

Windows 7 Intel i5 Core
ProBook 6550b
Integrated Display.
Commander
# 35
11-14-2012, 03:57 AM
When you say you "deleted STO", did you reinstall the game, or did you quit the game? If this problem isn't resolved I can think of not only myself, but a dozen or so of other players who plan on quitting the game.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/dofftrader/yoreantiques/DOFFtrader.gif
Captain
# 36
11-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon92518 View Post
When you say you "deleted STO", did you reinstall the game, or did you quit the game? If this problem isn't resolved I can think of not only myself, but a dozen or so of other players who plan on quitting the game.
I'm trying the re-install route as there was a crash during the initial pre-s7 patch. I am hoping that this resolves the issue.

Its kinda strange. Prior to s.7 I would run my graphics at pretty much 85% of the highest setting with absolutely no issue.

Now it bombs out immediately with all the same occurrences described in this post.
Ensign
# 37
11-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Reinstalling the game does not solve the problem. It is a change in the graphics code for Season 7 that is causing this issue mainly with Intel Integrated graphics. It needs to be addressed asap as it literally makes the game unstable. I reported this while it was on Tribble as well but never received a response.
Ensign
# 38
11-16-2012, 09:45 AM
This is ridiculous, ever since Season 7 the game is unplayable. This is not a hardware issue. Any other games do not have any issues. No matter what settings are changed, the game will still crap out. Turning off A-A, turning it on; changing the frame rate, changing the ram cap, so on and so forth, the game still craps out. I wiped the video drivers (152257) and reverted to (152254) still no help. Wiping the game and reinstalling is useless. Wiping and reinstalling DirectX is no help either.
I guess that we really are SOL if the developers are not willing to do anything about this problem.
Lieutenant
# 39
11-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Having the same problems here. Graphics are choppy and FPS drops into the single digits even with all video settings either off or lowest possible.

Win7 Pro
i5 2500k
8gig RAM
Radeon HD6870 1gig
(and using a SSD on top of all that)

Yes, the drivers are all up to date. Fresh install of the game yesterday, after the update. But the problem is still there. I thought that it was just a matter of heavy traffic on the servers at first, but after reading this post and many like it...

Yo, STO: Fix the game!!!
Ensign
Here you have a set of graphic options wich will not crash your video driver when in space, or if it does, it will be very rare.
Options marked with * can be changed at will.

Monitor vertical sync OFF
Half resolution OFF
Antialiasing NONE
Dynamic lighting OFF
Lighting quality HIGH*
Shadows LOW
Max lights per object 2
Texture anistropic filtering 2x*
World texture quality 150%*
Character texture 100%*
World detail distance 75%*
Terrain detail distance 150%*
Character detail distance 80%*
Show high detail objects OFF
Max physics debris objects 30*
Raise settings in character creator OFF
Postprocessing OFF
Visual FX quality LOW
Soft particles OFF
Bloom quality LOW*
Bloom intesity 100%
Screen space ambinet occlusion ON (this is important, must be ENABLED)
Cinematics focus ON*
Underwater view OFF*
Reflection quality LOW
Lens flare quality OFF

Now for "Troubleshooting" i will list only those that are ON, those not listed are OFF including "Limit frame rate".

Limit CPU usage when inactive ON
Mulitcore rendering ON
Minimum shadow buffer bias ON
Reduce CPU/GPU usage ON

Try them as listed first time, then you can modify those with * if necessary. I do not guarantee that these settings work, but they did for me and other players with same video issue.
Closed Thread