Starfleet Veteran
# 31
11-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Next up, 3-5 hour missions to complete investigate officer reports (Required)!
That's what I fear is going to happen. But realistically I think it will be 15-20 minute missions. Either way, the Foundry is going to die. And I for one, don't care if it does.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
NO TO ARC!!!
4 Year Veteran
Captain
# 32
11-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Heres a radical idea Cryptic. How about taking the Foundry down 2-3 weeks BEFORE the launch of a new season! You guys look incompetent every time you do this. Announce a cutoff day to play and create/edit missions. Then spend those weeks replublishing and testing foundry with the newest season's code and have the Foundry fully ready on RELEASE DAY of a new season. Its like you guys enjoy letting your foundry author/player customers down every new season.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Lieutenant
# 33
11-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyoftheforce View Post
That's what I fear is going to happen. But realistically I think it will be 15-20 minute missions. Either way, the Foundry is going to die. And I for one, don't care if it does.
Now this post just really annoyed me. If you don't like the Foundry then fine, don't use it, at no point in the game are you forced to interact with it. However, a significant amount of the playerbase are in fact interested in playing or creating Foundry missions, and if what they enjoy does not negatively impact you, then they should be allowed to continue.

Your allowed not to care about the Foundry, but I must ask then why you would go out of your way to make that opinion known on a thread where the Foundry's survival is the main topic.
Krovennan Darksabre: Commanding officer of the U.S.S. Blacksabre-E NX-973484-E

I earned my Vet rewards with commitment, not cash.
Commander
# 34
11-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyoftheforce View Post
sir that is really rude i like the foundry the fact that it is down does make me sad since i have been wanting to play some foundry missions since S7 came out but i can wait and i can understand why it could take up to 2 weeks for all of the missions to be republished: there are so many mission on the foundry.

Simply put we will have to wait. I am sad not getting to play foundry mission and be wowed by player creativity but hey that's how the cookie crumbles.
Ensign
# 35
11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
I love the foundry missions! Best content there is in my humble opinion. I even play the 2-3 hr missions sometimes, but most of the time I pick the shorter ones.

I hope the foundry's back online soon
Rihannsu
# 36
11-18-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Heres a radical idea Cryptic. How about taking the Foundry down 2-3 weeks BEFORE the launch of a new season! You guys look incompetent every time you do this. Announce a cutoff day to play and create/edit missions. Then spend those weeks replublishing and testing foundry with the newest season's code and have the Foundry fully ready on RELEASE DAY of a new season. Its like you guys enjoy letting your foundry author/player customers down every new season.
Uh. No, they don't. And no, that'd work only if you want a new season to be delayed by a few months. For those of us who rarely play foundry missions, you'd annoy .. well, us.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
11-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdarksabre View Post
Now this post just really annoyed me. If you don't like the Foundry then fine, don't use it, at no point in the game are you forced to interact with it. However, a significant amount of the playerbase are in fact interested in playing or creating Foundry missions, and if what they enjoy does not negatively impact you, then they should be allowed to continue.

Your allowed not to care about the Foundry, but I must ask then why you would go out of your way to make that opinion known on a thread where the Foundry's survival is the main topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neos472 View Post
sir that is really rude i like the foundry the fact that it is down does make me sad since i have been wanting to play some foundry missions since S7 came out but i can wait and i can understand why it could take up to 2 weeks for all of the missions to be republished: there are so many mission on the foundry.

Simply put we will have to wait. I am sad not getting to play foundry mission and be wowed by player creativity but hey that's how the cookie crumbles.
I never once said that I hate the Foundry. I enjoy playing the missions that you guys make on there. I however do not care for missions that are wall of text missions that take me 2 hours to complete. Those are not fun. 15-20 minute missions are what I play most days, when they were up. I know you all put time and effort into these things and appreciate all of them. But, if it is going to come down to the point that those are the only missions that we can play for our dillithium, then I will stop playing them all together.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
NO TO ARC!!!
4 Year Veteran
Captain
# 38
11-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdarksabre View Post

<Put's on Diplomat Coat> Ahem... First , let me start out by saying, that allyoftheforce and mrdarksabre and indeed everybody here:

Let us remember that we are all a part of Starfleet or the KDF. We all enjoy this game. If we did not we would not play it obviously, and we would not get so passionate about talking about it.

allyoftheforce, I agree with your post, you did not say that you did not hate the Foundry. And also, too that I would not want to play a Foundry mission that took over 30 minutes as well, you are correct.

mrdarksabre,
I agree with your post as well, that people who have negative opinions about somthing such as the Foundry, do not need to spread that negativity, You are correct as well.

Yet like all dialogues and conversations, we must be aloud to express our opinion freely without fear that we are not aloud to share our view or feelings. Without this Right, we , as Starfleet or indeed KDF, would never build alliances or indeed come together in any way for such a universe (game) to exist.

Obviously I do not know either of you personally, yet I think I can safely say that you are both (as most of us are), quite passionate and feel strongly and deeply about the game.

It is good to share different view's, to maintain a balance of some kind within our universe (game), yet perhaps it can be suggested, that we be sensitive towards each other and perhaps, if we have offended anybody, we can at least say to each other, "I'm sorry if I did so", and the other party replies with "that's alright".

Then Peace can perhaps bring forth a more productive outcome to this important topic we are discussing.

Also , though I do not know precisely what a "Starfleet Veteran" has done to earn that title, I imagine it was not easy and took alot of time, so I must also say to allyoftheforce, Well Done Admiral!

Anyhow Live Long And Prosper Everyone!

-Aaron

Last edited by amahood; 11-19-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Ensign
# 39
11-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Removing foundry missions is bad for players who DON'T have the time to play xx hours each day to reach the dill day cap.
personally (and i consider me an average player) i have 3 chars ,2 feds and 1 kdf and as it is now i gain around half the max dil each day on each of my toons and i do some stf's and some other pve's for romulan marks.

At least with the foundry missions we got 1,4k dill each day.

Please bring them back soon and please let the community decide what missions will be played (yes even the 1-2 mins ones) ...

Cryptic and PW, foundry missions are a part of the game that the majority of the average gamers who DONT have the will or time to play endless hours on stf's enjoy, bring them back and fast!!
Lieutenant
# 40
11-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Please let us know if the Foundry will be back this week or next.

As this is a short work week in the US, it would be nice to be able to play foundry missions during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Happy Holidays!
------------------------------------
Path to 2409: Martok made the definitive statement of the Klingon Empire's view of the Romulan Star Empire in 2388. "
The Klingons will offer no treaty, no aid, and no hand that is not holding a blade"
Closed Thread