Captain
With the removal of the purple loot and the Maco/ Omega elite/ normal drops whats the point in having these three different STFs? Most people will just stick to Infected space for example because its the easiest.

It would be nice to say have differing reward combos to make the variation worth it. Eg: Cure space elite being the hardest space stf, with most chanceof faliure have a higher reward say 2 BNs and more marks to encourage participation.

Otherwise most people with stick to the easy and forget the harder.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Career Officer
# 2
11-18-2012, 08:11 AM
ISE may be the easiest but that doesn't make it the most fun.

I see people on the Elite STF channels still running KSE and particularly Cure because they enjoy the challenge.

On the ground, there's still groups and PuGs to be found running KAGE since it's probably the most enjoyable of the three ground STFs.

However, the amount of activity in the channels has dropped massively and a lot of the enthusiasm I saw pre-Season 7 has disappeared.

Before I'd do STFs for the challenge, maybe because I wanted to fit out a new ship with Mk XII [Borg] weapons or because I wanted to help one of my friends get their sets.

Now I just do them occasionally to top up my Dilithium and get Omega Marks. Despite the return of Dilithium to STFs, Cryptic really has given me little reason to play them (or much else) for the time being.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 3
11-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Before I'd do STFs for the challenge, maybe because I wanted to fit out a new ship with Mk XII [Borg] weapons or because I wanted to help one of my friends get their sets.

Now I just do them occasionally to top up my Dilithium and get Omega Marks. Despite the return of Dilithium to STFs, Cryptic really has given me little reason to play them (or much else) for the time being.
Isn't that backward logic? You were running them for the challenge before, and not too concerned about the rewards. Now the rewards are lower you're not playing for the challenge but instead for the rewards?

I've found myself running fewer STFs myself now, but that's mostly because the loot has been removed. Once the latest Tribble patch goes live (with the loot added back in) I can see myself running them more again.

That said, I'm quite enjoying getting back into Fleet Actions. Running the three dailies gets me 6k Dil in an hour... :S
Commander
# 4
11-18-2012, 09:00 AM
The way the rep system is, you don't need alot of omega marks (Not from what I seen in T1 and 2 projects anyway). So the need to even do the STF's isn't really a priority. Maybe once people start getting T3,4 and 5 hopefully they request more marks so people have a reason to go out of their way to run STFs. As of right now I'll run 1 elite and call it a day after my projects update. lol I think that is a bigger problem than being unique.
Career Officer
# 5
11-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
Isn't that backward logic? You were running them for the challenge before, and not too concerned about the rewards. Now the rewards are lower you're not playing for the challenge but instead for the rewards?
Nope - the challenge was a factor, but so was the rewards as was helping my friends. The challenge remains but there's little sense of reward for completing the STFs now.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012