Lt. Commander
# 161
11-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Lol no, no and no.

I have a Bug Ship, it is equipped with the Jem XI, and Mk XII polarons... it has Purple MK XII Neutronium and a whole host of other Mk XII consoles...

It will still get smashed to bits by one invisitorp.
And you think a Borg or MACO set is going to change this?
Career Officer
# 162
11-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
And you think a Borg or MACO set is going to change this?
It will at least mean they live a tad longer than they would otherwise against Raptors, Neg'Vars, Spheres, Probes and Cubes...

I admit no matter what you have equipped Gates and Tac Cubes will ruin you for fun
Lt. Commander
# 163
11-18-2012, 08:30 AM
<sigh>.... welcome to the Asian grind, it has fully arrived in STO. My patience is diminishing with the grind and costs now. Hopefully some balance will arrive in project costs, rewards, etc.

Mr. Stahl---- I hope you have some say with your Chinese overlords.

http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/index.html

"We are a leading online game developer and operator based in China. We primarily develop online games based on our proprietary game engines and game development platforms.

Our current portfolio of self-developed online games includes massively multiplayer online role playing games ("MMORPGs"): "Perfect World," "Legend of Martial Arts," "Perfect World II," "Zhu Xian," "Chi Bi," "Pocketpet Journey West," "Battle of the Immortals," "Fantasy Zhu Xian," "Forsaken World," "Dragon Excalibur," "Empire of the Immortals" and "Return of the Condor Heroes;" an online casual game: "Hot Dance Party;" and a number of web games and social networking games. While a substantial portion of the revenues are generated in China, we operate our games in North America, Europe and Japan through our own subsidiaries. Our games have also been licensed to leading game operators in a number of countries and regions in Asia, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and the Russian Federation and other Russian speaking territories."
Starfleet Veteran
# 164
11-18-2012, 08:40 AM
I must admit im struggling to bring myself to login. Season 7 really has taken a lot of fun out of the game and taken things too far with the grind. When I can play battlefield 3. MOHW and the soon to be released PLanetside 2 I just cant find a reason to j;ustify logging in. Thhe only reason I do is because of friends in game who keep me playing. Everything else now is just a load of crock. Sigh
Career Officer
# 165
11-18-2012, 08:58 AM
I totally agree with the original poster. The new system is a complete & utter joke. Seeing as there are PLENTY of other MMORPGs out there to play, why would I even bother "REGRINDING" this crap.

Again, this is ALL PWE & it's attempt to force feed players it's method of grinding that is in ALL it's games today.
Starfleet Veteran
# 166
11-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Does anyone else think that the damage buffs to the Borg were a little over the top?
Career Officer
# 167
11-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manzorian View Post
I totally agree with the original poster. The new system is a complete & utter joke. Seeing as there are PLENTY of other MMORPGs out there to play, why would I even bother "REGRINDING" this crap.

Again, this is ALL PWE & it's attempt to force feed players it's method of grinding that is in ALL it's games today.
A thousand times this.

Also you may like to know that PW has it's finances based in the Cayman Islands
Career Officer
# 168
11-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointedears View Post
I must admit im struggling to bring myself to login. Season 7 really has taken a lot of fun out of the game and taken things too far with the grind. When I can play battlefield 3. MOHW and the soon to be released PLanetside 2 I just cant find a reason to j;ustify logging in. Thhe only reason I do is because of friends in game who keep me playing. Everything else now is just a load of crock. Sigh
You're not the only one, I went back to playing TOR again (after 6 months) because of Season 7's excessive grind already has burnt me out.

Omega Mark Grinding
Romulan Mark Grinding
Fleet Mark Grinding
Dilithium Grinding
DOFF Grinding
Accolade Grinding

Man this isn't a game we can enjoy anymore, its another job!
Rihannsu
# 169
11-18-2012, 11:40 AM
hmmm, having 4 chars i was grinding the STF's with for the gear since 2010...

gotten to set MK XI, only on one char i got to have the full space MK XII, which dropped on one evening one after another after i have bought 4 Zen Store Fleet Ship Modules.

coinsidence?
(i have bought many other things from the store, never happened before)

IMHO, the system is a good idea. It gives us a line where you know you'll have your set.

What should be changed?
- project time should be cut to half
- there should be SOME drops in the STF's and Fleet Actions (very rare mk XI consoles, whatever, to add some excitement)
- dill costs should be cut to half

this is not about fleet marks, but i add they should add 50-75 fleet marks for the Officer on the Watch in the embassy and starbase.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 170
11-18-2012, 11:58 AM
A have to agree to a lot of things said already.

It is like one of those mobile games on a cell phone where I have to wait days for a house to be finished.

I am not a very good team player, I tried some STF's but they were complete devestating for me. So I choose to stay with very rare standard MK XI equipment instead I got from the Exchange or DilS.

But I once posted that it would be great (to me) to have something like a high priced Dilithium Store variant, next to the normal one.

In this store, players like me, would be able to buy those special MK XII sets and items for a pretty high price, but so someone can avoid those days long grindings.

Players could choose between spending a lot of money to Cryptic for Dilithium to buy those overpriced MK XII, or use the standard grinding way with missions and a.s.o...

Don't get me wrong, I totally do have respect for every player who is doing hundreds of STF's and Fleet Missions. But like I said, I don't have the guts or endurance to do them.