Lieutenant
# 371
11-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Let's do a Handsome Phase Guy vs Pretty Phaser Lady comparison.

Handsome Phaser Guy: Above average attractive MAN. Wearing in-game uniform. Firing Phaser.

Pretty Phaser Lady: Above average VULCAN FEMALE. Wearing in-game uniform*. Firing Phaser.

Problem is all in your heads guys. It sounds like you have some internal sexism issues you need to overcome =/ Because all I see are your own psychological projections. =/

*Currently no Open variant of Fleet Odyssey Uniform. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.
Captain
# 372
11-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleduck View Post

Handsome Phaser Guy: Above average attractive MAN. Wearing in-game uniform. Firing Phaser.

Pretty Phaser Lady: Above average VULCAN FEMALE. Wearing in-game uniform*. Firing Phaser.
And how many times did you see Dr. Beverly Crusher, or Captain Janeway, "wearing" their uniform so that their boobs hung out? I can't really remember any and I doubt they ever did, because to do so wouldn't be practical or professional. Ro Laren, Bajoran With An Attitude, sometimes took off her uniform coat but she had a perfectly decent shirt under it. Soooooooo...yeah.
Captain
# 373
11-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasrs View Post
And while you're thinking about that, how about thinking about what us ladies would like to see? Lets see some skin on the guys. Let their shirts rip TOS style. Let them roll up their sleeves. Let them take off their shirts altogether. And for equality's sake, give they guys some skirts!!! Kilts, togas maybe, and how about those first season TNG skant uniforms?
I agree with the first bit. But the second bit is just as bad, the other way round.

Quote:

Problem is all in your heads guys. It sounds like you have some internal sexism issues you need to overcome =/ Because all I see are your own psychological projections. =/

*Currently no Open variant of Fleet Odyssey Uniform. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.
Try again.

Handsome Phaser Guy: Above average attractive MAN. Wearing closed up practical uniform with trousers. Firing Phaser and looking at a target.

Pretty Phaser Lady: Above average VULCAN FEMALE. Wearing breast dangling top, sex object skirt, with silly boots uniform. Firing Phaser and not even looking at the target.

Hard to see how my view is sexist at all!

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.

Last edited by artan42; 11-18-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Lieutenant
# 374
11-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
I agree with the first bit. But the second bit is just as bad, the other way round.

Try again.

Handsome Phaser Guy: Above average attractive MAN. Wearing closed up practical uniform with trousers. Firing Phaser and looking at a target.

Pretty Phaser Lady: Above average VULCAN FEMALE. Wearing breast dangling top, sex object skirt, with silly boots uniform. Firing Phaser and not even looking at the target.

Hard to see how my view is sexist at all!
You do know her uniform is like the open uniform variant available IN-GAME?

She is wearing Sierra Skirt 2, and presumably Sierra boots that are also available in game.

You are having a laugh.
Captain
# 375
11-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
You do know her uniform is like the open uniform variant available IN-GAME?

She is wearing Sierra Skirt 2, and presumably Sierra boots that are also available in game.

You are having a laugh.
Did I say it wasn't in game?

nopeski.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

Lieutenant
# 376
11-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Did I say it wasn't in game?

nopeski.

OK, so you just object to her sexiness. You, sir, are a prude of the first order.

I advise you to never visit Drozana or the Orions will make your head go pop.
Captain
# 377
11-18-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
OK, so you just object to her sexiness. You, sir, are a prude of the first order.

I advise you to never visit Drozana or the Orions will make your head go pop.
Silly

I have no problem with people wearing them ingame. I object to it been used for advertising.

Why would I visit Drozana? The damn blue lights play havoc with me head.

Captain
# 378
11-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Sexiness has a time and a place. But when you're in uniform (well, half in uniform) as a Starfleet officer, especially in combat and apparently having just jumped out of a shuttle, sexy is not appropriate. The time to draw attention to feminine attributes is when you're being a woman first and foremost i.e. intimate social gatherings. If they had drawn her standing with a cocktail glass in a dark club? Fine. Cleavage ahoy. But NOT when you're on duty and in imminent peril. A real person in that situation wouldn't be trying to advertise, she would be trying to stay alive. To draw particular attention to the fact that the character is a well endowed female even when it has no relevance to the situation she's in, is in fact detrimental to the situation she's in, is what is objectionable.
Captain
# 379
11-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Handsome Phaser Guy: Above average attractive MAN. Wearing in-game uniform that also resembles those worn in the shows, and gives him the appearance of a confident Starfleet officer. Firing Phaser at a target.

Pretty Phaser Lady: Above average VULCAN FEMALE. Wearing in-game uniform that exposes her cleavage, looks almost nothing like the uniforms in the shows, and gives her the appearance of a below-average Starfleet officer who doesn't know what she's doing. Firing Phaser in no particular direction, not checking her aim.
Fixed that for you.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 380
11-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
And how many times did you see Dr. Beverly Crusher, "wearing" their uniform so that their boobs hung out? .

TNG. Season 1. Episode 2. The Naked Now. Infected with a disease, Crusher unzips her top and makes a pass at Picard.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File..._get_close.jpg

Ok, sure, she is infected with a drunk disease. But it happened. Maybe that happened to Pretty Phaser Girl?

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'