Lieutenant
# 171
11-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
You're not the only one, I went back to playing TOR again (after 6 months) because of Season 7's excessive grind already has burnt me out.

Omega Mark Grinding
Romulan Mark Grinding
Fleet Mark Grinding
Dilithium Grinding
DOFF Grinding
Accolade Grinding

Man this isn't a game we can enjoy anymore, its another job!
That's pretty light grinding considering a lot of those are balled into one. And you don't have to do all of those at once really.

As far as grinds go, STO is pretty light considering while you have to grind, you are also assured to get something after a number of attempts. Instead of being on your 1000th run of some dungeon hoping for that one item to drop you want to drop, and for you to get it (a bit of an exaggeration, but it can happen)
Rihannsu
# 172
11-18-2012, 11:15 AM
ya say STO is pretty light i say sto make wow grinding look pretty light even wow rep system would not take me 2 or more months to get exhaulted with any one in that game
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Ensign
# 173
11-18-2012, 11:15 AM
In my opinion they need to cut the completion times by at least Half of what they are currently and at the same time add at least 1 more project slot for item and store unlocks.
Captain
# 174
11-18-2012, 11:24 AM
The T1 warehouse mission sucked too... where was the story content?
Head of PR - Ausmonauts

Lieutenant
# 175
11-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
The T1 warehouse mission sucked too... where was the story content?

'Story content' will probably be waiting for us at Tier 5.
__________________________________________________ ____

Don't Worry. We will be here next season. We promise.
Lt. Commander
# 176
11-18-2012, 12:22 PM
If STO is "lighter" in the grind department than WOW....so be it. I dont want to play WOW with a Star Trek flavor.

I have played most if not all the Star Trek games; I am looking for a good story, content, plot, whatever other term fits with those. I am a Trekkie first, gamer 2nd, MMO Grinder is way down the list.

I don't want to grind excessively like WOW. Season 7 reminds of Cartman in Southpark where they were in his basement for weeks on end killing sheep (or whatever they were) in WOW so they could rank/gear up to beat the uber nemesis in the cod piece.

I am willing to work for loot, but I don't have time for this current model.

Thx
Locutus
Career Officer
# 177
11-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
If STO is "lighter" in the grind department than WOW....so be it. I dont want to play WOW with a Star Trek flavor.

I have played most if not all the Star Trek games; I am looking for a good story, content, plot, whatever other term fits with those. I am a Trekkie first, gamer 2nd, MMO Grinder is way down the list.

I don't want to grind excessively like WOW. Season 7 reminds of Cartman in Southpark where they were in his basement for weeks on end killing sheep (or whatever they were) in WOW so they could rank/gear up to beat the uber nemesis in the cod piece.

I am willing to work for loot, but I don't have time for this current model.

Thx
Locutus
about 90% of the people in this game share the same view... and frankly if I was an MMO nut there are a million better MMO's out there.
Lt. Commander
# 178
11-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Lol no, no and no.

I have a Bug Ship, it is equipped with the Jem XI, and Mk XII polarons... it has Purple MK XII Neutronium and a whole host of other Mk XII consoles...

It will still get smashed to bits by one invisitorp.

Since Season 7 started in the Pugs and Private games I've played it's been with good players in good kit and we've still only made optional by a minute or two at best (save ISE). When before we could finish with 4 or 5 minutes to spare on CSE or KASE.

So no they won't be prepared and there will be problems.
Oh the horror. You mean your completely OP PVP ship isn't completely invulnerable in PVE?

Lt. Commander
# 179
11-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
If STO is "lighter" in the grind department than WOW....so be it.
It isn't, though. Even the longest reputation grinds in WoW only take about a month, while STO's reps take two months. WoW's reps usually don't even offer endgame items, so if grinding reps isn't your thing, you can just ignore them.
Career Officer
# 180
11-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordcorrino View Post
Oh the horror. You mean your completely OP PVP ship isn't completely invulnerable in PVE?

lol nope...

Try again.

Read the context again... think about the context... realize it wasn't about the bug ship but that even good ships like the bug have issues with Elite STF's so don't go expecting a guy in a guy in an RA ship to breeze through them.