Career Officer
# 181
11-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
It isn't, though. Even the longest reputation grinds in WoW only take about a month, while STO's reps take two months. WoW's reps usually don't even offer endgame items, so if grinding reps isn't your thing, you can just ignore them.
Yep, but in here there are many who will defend the system no matter how bad it is.
Lt. Commander
# 182
11-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Yep, but in here there are many who will defend the system no matter how bad it is.
Yes, I know. I luv STO, but I am not crazy about Season 7 at all. All the system apologists probably have IP addresses coming from China and/or California.

More content, less PWE grind please.

Thx
Locutus

Last edited by l0cutus359; 11-18-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Career Officer
# 183
11-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
Yes, I know. I luv STO, but I am not crazy about Season 7 at all.

More content, less PWE grind please.

Thx
Locutus
Indeed this weekend has been horrible the STF community has vaporized. I haven't really had any real fun at all
Career Officer
# 184
11-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
all im going to say is this 100 % agree with you
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 185
11-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Lol no, no and no.

I have a Bug Ship, it is equipped with the Jem XI, and Mk XII polarons... it has Purple MK XII Neutronium and a whole host of other Mk XII consoles...

It will still get smashed to bits by one invisitorp.

Since Season 7 started in the Pugs and Private games I've played it's been with good players in good kit and we've still only made optional by a minute or two at best (save ISE). When before we could finish with 4 or 5 minutes to spare on CSE or KASE.

So no they won't be prepared and there will be problems.

This is because you are bad at the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 186
11-18-2012, 03:54 PM
man i wish so bad there was a season 6 reset button.
Captain
# 187
11-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
It isn't, though. Even the longest reputation grinds in WoW only take about a month, while STO's reps take two months. WoW's reps usually don't even offer endgame items, so if grinding reps isn't your thing, you can just ignore them.

Wow reputation grinds require more work, i can meet all my mark requirements for STO by pleasing less than 30 minutes a day. It's a time gate more so than a grind
Lt. Commander
# 188
11-18-2012, 03:56 PM
So I unlocked tier one today and got a good look at we as player are facing. The costs for the unlock of the gear is high. Given that fact I am thinking of picking up the MK X ground armor, and spending no more items on gear until the last tier. If the costs are going to be like this it would be best not to spend anything until MKXII. Otherwise it would be a waste of items. The amount of stfs I am going to have to run to afford this stuff is going to be a insane amount. I think the casuals are in for a shock when they get load of the cost. Most notably omaga marks and you get the most marks from elite stfs.
Captain
# 189
11-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaalom View Post
So I unlocked tier one today and got a good look at we as player are facing. The costs for the unlock of the gear is high. Given that fact I am thinking of picking up the MK X ground armor, and spending no more items on gear until the last tier. If the costs are going to be like this it would be best not to spend anything until MKXII. Otherwise it would be a waste of items. The amount of stfs I am going to have to run to afford this stuff is going to be a insane amount. I think the casuals are in for a shock when they get load of the cost. Most notably omaga marks and you get the most marks from elite stfs.

I think this is a legit complaint, they should lower costs on lower tier items. They should also use up an upgrade and not a project slot.
Captain
# 190
11-18-2012, 06:12 PM
They should also have made the unlocks accesible by the "store" tab, so you felt you actually had something there.

On t1 they could have put consumables and fighters in there, so at least you felt you had something in your store.

I can't wait to get to t5 and still have that tab greyed out, plan to make it into a forum sig.

But yeah totally now we know you can't buy anything and level at the same time it totally invalidates doing anything but going afk for 3 months