Career Officer
# 341
11-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulisvel View Post
I have two questions for any Cryptic Devs that are still reading:

1) Think of your favorite episodes across all the shows and movies. Does STO actually represent them?

2) Have you played your own game recently, with the same constraints a non-Dev has to, and still found it fun to play?

Because as a fan of Star Trek, who came to STO for his prime universe Star Trek fix, these days I can't really answer yes to either question. In fact I feel like this entire blog (even after the updates) is a giant middle finger to all players, especially casuals and alcoholics.

Playing the game that offers rewards for everything allowing me to play the way I want to is fun. Being repeatedly funneled through a limited number of activities that the Devs tell me I need to play for my rewards is not fun. And if I'm not having fun I'm not going to be opening my wallet and pulling out my credit card. I love Star Trek, but I also like Star Wars, and lately I've been enjoying TOR a whole lot more than STO. With TOR's Cartel Market going live tomorrow guess where the $50 I was considering spending on the Vesta pack is going to be going?

Devs, you say making certain types of content isn't worthwhile because not enough people play it. Well here's a thought. We have a refining cap in place, why not attach dilitium to everything: STFs, story missions (and replays), PVP, the foundry, dailys, fleet actions, exploration clusters, events, everything. Without trying to funnel players through specific content, remove the ropes and let the players go where they want and have fun. Look at the numbers of what the people playing your game actually do when free of constraint and allocate your development resources based on that.
1000 times this!
Ensign
# 342 final word
11-18-2012, 02:03 PM
hi , just few lines for saying to the guys who have made most of the 7th season's changes : thank you !
i was playing daily and spending a lot of money since nearly one year, lifetime sub, but i'm stopping to play tonight, until good news.
It was a dream to come here after work, retrieving all my fleet's friends, a good team's spirit, doing our daily stfs for being able to gain the INDISPENSABLE daily dilith, energy credits, and loots for helping new members to equip themselves, building our base...
As i said, a very good state of mind... All the new content of 7th season would have been pure pleasure, if we shouldn't have suffered from the stf's changes.
I mean : reputation costs too much commodities, ok... it will take months to get tier 5 reputation, ok... but WHY, yes, why haven't you just let dili AND loots like they were ? it was a little thrill to succeed in getting optionnals, discovering what we get after this good team's work.. it was gratifying, and helped us to build the fleet base ALL TOGETHER...
after that said, no problem to add the reputation system, why not.
A lot of stuff that are explained for realizing dilith are solo missions... and the dilith is really too much involved everywhere ! it makes me think about something my best friend always say : " money doesn't make happy, i ask myself why rich people want so much to keep it for themselves... on STO, really too much dilith everywhere, so reducing the most used way to get it was an unbelievable error, even if i think you have to sell zen. The zen exchange is falling really too low for encouraging players to spend money for so few dilith...
A last thing : blame on you for the "fix" on the necessary dilith for reassigning duties ! 55000 dilithium in total for getting a purple from white, with a good chance to get a chief or bartender ! nothing to add.. no more motivation for recruitment too...
So, as after a hard day of work, i can't keep on progressing WITH MY FRIENDS, getting enough dillith, blue and purple loots, feeling a little bit thrill in playing good stfs with optionnals, i stop to play until good news...
Don't forget PW, if you want players to do other stuff than stf, create MORE INTERESTING stuff than stf ! don't cut all the advantages of GOOD things but GIVE EVEN MORE in other things, that's a beginner's evidence in commercial rules...
Ho, a real last thing : sorry for you Cryptic guys, sincerely, i'm sure YOU are not the fools who have thought and committed all these non-sense things with your, our, star trek baby, it makes me feel sad to see all these goodbyes from valuable daily players since this week's butchery... i'm sure you HAD TO follow PW's way...
If you need someone reasonnable for explaining what a real sto lover feels with these so bad decisions, (even in keeping in mind that you MUST generate money with you f2p game, it's an evidence...), don't hesitate, it will be a pleasure to help you to keep all these good friends and partners to stay on STO with the happiness i felt until last week...
good luck guys from a french too much tired player
Career Officer
# 343
11-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitaillyria View Post
hi , just few lines for saying to the guys who have made most of the 7th season's changes : thank you !
i was playing daily and spending a lot of money since nearly one year, lifetime sub, but i'm stopping to play tonight, until good news.
It was a dream to come here after work, retrieving all my fleet's friends, a good team's spirit, doing our daily stfs for being able to gain the INDISPENSABLE daily dilith, energy credits, and loots for helping new members to equip themselves, building our base...
As i said, a very good state of mind... All the new content of 7th season would have been pure pleasure, if we shouldn't have suffered from the stf's changes.
I mean : reputation costs too much commodities, ok... it will take months to get tier 5 reputation, ok... but WHY, yes, why haven't you just let dili AND loots like they were ? it was a little thrill to succeed in getting optionnals, discovering what we get after this good team's work.. it was gratifying, and helped us to build the fleet base ALL TOGETHER...
after that said, no problem to add the reputation system, why not.
A lot of stuff that are explained for realizing dilith are solo missions... and the dilith is really too much involved everywhere ! it makes me think about something my best friend always say : " money doesn't make happy, i ask myself why rich people want so much to keep it for themselves... on STO, really too much dilith everywhere, so reducing the most used way to get it was an unbelievable error, even if i think you have to sell zen. The zen exchange is falling really too low for encouraging players to spend money for so few dilith...
A last thing : blame on you for the "fix" on the necessary dilith for reassigning duties ! 55000 dilithium in total for getting a purple from white, with a good chance to get a chief or bartender ! nothing to add.. no more motivation for recruitment too...
So, as after a hard day of work, i can't keep on progressing WITH MY FRIENDS, getting enough dillith, blue and purple loots, feeling a little bit thrill in playing good stfs with optionnals, i stop to play until good news...
Don't forget PW, if you want players to do other stuff than stf, create MORE INTERESTING stuff than stf ! don't cut all the advantages of GOOD things but GIVE EVEN MORE in other things, that's a beginner's evidence in commercial rules...
Ho, a real last thing : sorry for you Cryptic guys, sincerely, i'm sure YOU are not the fools who have thought and committed all these non-sense things with your, our, star trek baby, it makes me feel sad to see all these goodbyes from valuable daily players since this week's butchery... i'm sure you HAD TO follow PW's way...
If you need someone reasonnable for explaining what a real sto lover feels with these so bad decisions, (even in keeping in mind that you MUST generate money with you f2p game, it's an evidence...), don't hesitate, it will be a pleasure to help you to keep all these good friends and partners to stay on STO with the happiness i felt until last week...
good luck guys from a french too much tired player
Basically how a lot of us feel, on PESTF and other STF channels we had a great community, I made a lot of good friends and we helped one another try to get those optionals and proto-techs It was so much fun, even if you did get frustrated at times with the loot drops. But the main point was it was a community and we had fun together, we socialized.

This rep system has killed that, and the community built around it. The reputation just requires someone to do a few space STF's to get marks, no interaction no community no socializing. Pug, spend marks leave, It mirrors the asian MMO model which is focused around isolation and grinding.

The issue with all the new dilithium inputs and reduction (not even inflationary increase) of dilithium balances as a result has already drive a number of member sin my small fleet to either leave the game or move to a bigger fleet.

I have to say the new gameplay experience I've had this weekend has left me deeply apathetic.

I do think PWE/PW have a big hand in this change in game style...

Quote:
We are a leading online game developer and operator based in China. We primarily develop online games based on our proprietary game engines and game development platforms.
I think they have a business and development model that they are trying to foister on STO and the American/European market, I would almost go so far as to say that we're being used as a guinea-pig to test whether the model can be applied to Neverwinter at launch.