Career Officer
# 21
11-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
We definitely need Atari to buy back Cryptic, then slash 3/4's of the developers.
did the Dev go up under PWE? i mean really think about it KDF is still half baked it still take them a year to really even get this PWE grind they addid still whlie adding more to the Cstore and we all love them lockboxes!!!!! then ever was dun under Atari the year of no content whlie PWE was buying sto come to mind?
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegamer View Post
Spend an hour in GW2 and you'll feel the difference; it's quite refreshing to play a 'free' game and not have grind after grind to trudge through in order to earn anything meaningful.
I noticed you put 'free' in quotation marks. Guild Wars isn't a free game; it's a full priced game. It just doesn't have subscription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtassadar View Post
Well now, lets remember this, Atari was in charge before Perfectworld. Just because they made Pong and PacMan doesn't mean they're any less greedy.
Just FYI, besides the name, the current Atari has nothing to do with the Atari that made Pong (Pac-Man was made by Namco). The name Atari is currently owned by a French company formerly called Infogrames. Infogrames is perhaps best known for buying succesfull game studios and turning them to ****. The company has been tanking for a decade.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
11-18-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
I noticed you put 'free' in quotation marks. Guild Wars isn't a free game; it's a full priced game. It just doesn't have subscription.
It has an entry price, yeah--as did STO for a good many of us.