Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 351
11-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
Good, good. Sooner it dies the better. Then maybe someone more competent gets the IP
Trying to develop STO outright killed one developer and it was dropped like a hot potato by another, and a potential competitor fell apart due to lack of investment.

Combine this with the traditional problems of Star Trek games, the fundamental incompatibility of many ideals that Star Trek fans espouse as sacrosanct and the basics of most mainstream gameplay, the desire of most companies to not try to pitch their tent where so many other developers splattered, and the Prime universe grinding to a halt outside of the novels, and chances are if STO dies, the only other replacement that will ever emerge will be based solely on the Abram's reboot.
Ensign
# 352
11-18-2012, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
Fleet STF 5 members we play IE

We get the opp

Usually we got 2 or more Borg chips
A few drops on equipment some large
Consumables

Loot drop ! Omg a class 12 purple !
Everyones excited and hopes they get it

We get 1440 Dil maybe 1 to 3 pieces of salvage
Which we cash I'n for Dil , sell loot for EC

Team chat is lively fleet chat shows off the loot
Were all ready to charge off to do another !

after 3 or 4 we do a fleet mission for the starbase
Then begin helping others get accolades and drops or
Help with missions
Typical night

Now
Complete opp same STF
Some omega marks 75, 960 Dil a processor
Chat is silent
No excitement everyone seems bored we disband and
Go our own ways

Is this working as intended ?
Are you in same fleet that i am , nop . when i wread this is exatly what hapends in the fleet im in, i dont have the time to play hr after hr.and do grinding.
A typcal play evning is same as abowe , we are a smal fleet whit limited resorses. and the drops from STF helpt members to get disent gear, ore sell it fore ce , also the dil drops helps fleet to progres , oure fleet leader in my fleet have by zen and fix all the special interiore missions fore the starbase. i dont have a job and have to pay my bills insted. The dil drops from the STF whas my best way to help the fleet dil sink. and have a fun eawning of playing whit frends. The S7 is great whit the new kontents bout the fun is gone.
sorry about my crap englich.
Commander
# 353
11-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
However, our concern that there would be too much Dilithium in the economy if we left Dilithium in both STFs and Fleet Actions--
Led you to purposely insert a bug in the queues of Mirror Incursion so no one could possibly make more than four runs/hour, effectively crippling your playerbase's ability to efficiently produce their daily dilithium cap?

No? I don't know... That's what it looks like, Mr. Stahl.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek
Survivor of Romulus
# 354
11-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmike82 View Post
hope u all are happy u screwed up the dill exchange now u get crap for dill when u sell zen and crap for zen when u sell dill all u cry babys are ruining this game and turning it into a pay to win wich will cost cryptic all its money soon so give your selves a pat on back your killing sto
we didnt F***** up the game stop ******** at players.
Captain
# 355
11-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Do you know what? I had this massive in-depth post all planned out. Now, I am not going to even bother. "Star Trek: Online" has some serious issues, and I think it has to do with its developers. As a result of all the resource requirements piling up, while their availability is lacking, I predict "Star Trek: Online" will be closing doors by the spring of 2013. Unless they move this game out of grindfest hell, people will just move onto better and more rewarding things. Time for feedback is over. Its time for Cryptic to take some serious action. I am not waiting for season eight.

Don't get me started on those hellish progress timers, for they are also a game stopping mechanic.

High resource requirements, expensive and lacking resources, lacking of rewards, nerfed content, and long progress timers have made this game boring. Cryptic has no clue what love and fun are all about.

Last edited by linyive; 11-18-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 356
11-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
Do you know what? I had this massive in-depth post all planned out. Now, I am not going to even bother. "Star Trek: Online" has some serious issues, and I think it has to do with its developers. As a result of all the resource requirements piling up, while their availability is lacking, I predict "Star Trek: Online" will be closing doors by the spring of 2013. Unless they move this game out of grindfest hell, people will just move onto better and more rewarding things. Time for feedback is over. Its time for Cryptic to take some serious action. I am not waiting for season eight.

Don't get me started on those hellish progress timers, for they are also a game stopping mechanic.
nah i bet they made a bucket load of bugs ships will take longer than that for then to go bust
Lt. Commander
# 357
11-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post

High resource requirements, expensive and lacking resources, lacking of rewards, nerfed content, and long progress timers have made this game boring. Cryptic has no clue what love and fun are all about.
Next year comes The Elder Scrolls Online. Game over
Ensign
# 358 thank you, but goodbye
11-18-2012, 02:27 PM
hi , just few lines for saying to the guys who have made most of the 7th season's changes : thank you !
i was playing daily and spending a lot of money since nearly one year, lifetime sub, but i'm stopping to play tonight, until good news.
It was a dream to come here after work, retrieving all my fleet's friends, a good team's spirit, doing our daily stfs for being able to gain the INDISPENSABLE daily dilith, energy credits, and loots for helping new members to equip themselves, building our base...
As i said, a very good state of mind... All the new content of 7th season would have been pure pleasure, if we shouldn't have suffered from the stf's changes.
I mean : reputation costs too much commodities, ok... it will take months to get tier 5 reputation, ok... but WHY, yes, why haven't you just let dili AND loots like they were ? it was a little thrill to succeed in getting optionnals, discovering what we get after this good team's work.. it was gratifying, and helped us to build the fleet base ALL TOGETHER...
after that said, no problem to add the reputation system, why not.
A lot of stuff that are explained for realizing dilith are solo missions... and the dilith is really too much involved everywhere ! it makes me think about something my best friend always say : " money doesn't make happy, i ask myself why rich people want so much to keep it for themselves... on STO, really too much dilith everywhere, so reducing the most used way to get it was an unbelievable error, even if i think you have to sell zen. The zen exchange is falling really too low for encouraging players to spend money for so few dilith...
A last thing : blame on you for the "fix" on the necessary dilith for reassigning duties ! 55000 dilithium in total for getting a purple from white, with a good chance to get a chief or bartender ! nothing to add.. no more motivation for recruitment too...
So, as after a hard day of work, i can't keep on progressing WITH MY FRIENDS, getting enough dillith, blue and purple loots, feeling a little bit thrill in playing good stfs with optionnals, i stop to play until good news...
Don't forget PW, if you want players to do other stuff than stf, create MORE INTERESTING stuff than stf ! don't cut all the advantages of GOOD things but GIVE EVEN MORE in other things, that's a beginner's evidence in commercial rules...
Ho, a real last thing : sorry for you Cryptic guys, sincerely, i'm sure YOU are not the fools who have thought and committed all these non-sense things with your, our, star trek baby, it makes me feel sad to see all these goodbyes from valuable daily players since this week's butchery... i'm sure you HAD TO follow PW's way...
If you need someone reasonnable for explaining what a real sto lover feels with these so bad decisions, (even in keeping in mind that you MUST generate money with you f2p game, it's an evidence...), don't hesitate, it will be a pleasure to help you to keep all these good friends and partners to stay on STO with the happiness i felt until last week...
good luck guys from a french too much tired player
Lt. Commander
# 359
11-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Same here, going to withdrawn my money till

a. Cost of dilithium for leveling up and acquiring the according items is gone, as also the cost for doffs.

or

b. The dilithium is back on the values as before the Thursday patch, meaning STF's Elite 1440 dil, STF's Normal 480 dil plus the loot is returned and the Gorn, Starbase 24 and Klingon Scout Force are back up to 1440 dil. Also a raise of the refinement cap is demanded.

Read well, not required but demanded. Till then, Cryptic & PWE won't see a cent of my money.
Survivor of Romulus
# 360
11-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
Next year comes The Elder Scrolls Online. Game over
i used to be an adventurer then i took a arrow to the knee.

id love a skyrim online
Closed Thread