Lt. Commander
# 51
11-17-2012, 07:39 PM
It is bad business sense to us. But remember that some of us are not paying members and don't produce money for Cryptic/PWE. And that they feel like they will have a endless supply of players no matter what. They forget that some of us are trekies first and players second. Well....some of us at least.
Commander
# 52
11-18-2012, 03:30 PM
I am so tired of my computers crashing with season 7....
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Me too!!! If you stick with S6 stuff it does not do it at all or not very much. However in saying that I did crash while on ESD. After I asked tech support if I could get the game to output a log file so I could maybe track down what was happening. They replied and said the Devs were working on it. But they did not give any other information then that. Soooo...who knows.
Captain
# 54
11-18-2012, 05:05 PM
I want to note that while I do use an Intel integrated card on my lappy, I have by no means any illusions as to what it can and can't run.

However, this is not an issue of some new effect or graphical upgrade being introduced and my computer just not being up to snuff any more: what the S7 patch has done in terms of any new graphical upgrade is a complete mystery to me, and yet I'm suffering a bug where my computer will simply hard restart itself without any warning (or even a BSOD) after ten or so minutes of STO play.

My lappy has never had any real issues whatsoever with STO before this patch, in fact unless I was playing an intense PvP map on Solar Wind or something, I used to use medium-high graphics settings and play quite happily. A new upgrade is one thing, but to go from playing flawlessly -> interminable crashing? Really?

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
# 55
11-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1ace View Post
Me too!!! If you stick with S6 stuff it does not do it at all or not very much. However in saying that I did crash while on ESD.
Sadly, it's not limited to new content. My last two times crashing today was sitting in Cardassian sector space. Before that was doing the Big Dig (Temple) mission.
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah it is frustratingly random. I crashed out on ESD only after doing Hive Onslaught and only having it crash the drivers a couple of times. And on some people if only seems to crash the game and on others it crashes the computers entirely. And the only error code I can find is 4101 and it does not give that much info about it.
Commander
# 57
11-19-2012, 07:17 PM
I am so tired of this problem.... It's seldom I can even finish an event without this problem killing me.
Commander
# 58
11-21-2012, 12:05 PM
And playing the Big Dig is probably the worst of everything with this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Has anyone heard anything form cryptic? They have been silent with me, maybe they are out for thanksgiving? My Klingon character is now stuck on Bajor in the holodeck because of this error. At least me Fed can still run Infected space with hardly any trouble. I can't do much more then that though.
Commander
# 60
11-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1ace View Post
Has anyone heard anything form cryptic? They have been silent with me, maybe they are out for thanksgiving? My Klingon character is now stuck on Bajor in the holodeck because of this error. At least me Fed can still run Infected space with hardly any trouble. I can't do much more then that though.
Someone said earlier that PWE is aware of it, but I haven't seen anything from them yet.
Closed Thread