Career Officer
How would people feel about an alternate method of earning Born Neural Processors? Currently the only way to get them is Elite STFs. A lot of people don't like STFs...at least not the elite ones. This also means they are likely not good at them. Forcing them into them to get the games best goodies is a diservice to both them and the regulars who do enjoy ESTFS. I'd like to see a way we could earn them an alternate way, such as turning in 100 Omega Marks for one BNP. ESTF players would still be able to get them far faster, but it would provide an alternate means for the non-uber.

And to answer the inevitable question "Y U NEED MK XII IF U NO ESTF???!!!"

Because we want them. Besides, don't tell us you only use them in ESTFS.
Captain
# 2
11-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
How would people feel about an alternate method of earning Born Neural Processors? Currently the only way to get them is Elite STFs. A lot of people don't like STFs...at least not the elite ones. This also means they are likely not good at them. Forcing them into them to get the games best goodies is a diservice to both them and the regulars who do enjoy ESTFS. I'd like to see a way we could earn them an alternate way, such as turning in 100 Omega Marks for one BNP. ESTF players would still be able to get them far faster, but it would provide an alternate means for the non-uber.

And to answer the inevitable question "Y U NEED MK XII IF U NO ESTF???!!!"

Because we want them. Besides, don't tell us you only use them in ESTFS.

I wouldn't mind a project with a stiff conversation rate on changing omega marks to BNP. The conversion should be painful enough to encourage people to play elite though.
Rihannsu
# 3
11-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I wouldn't mind a project with a stiff conversation rate on changing omega marks to BNP. The conversion should be painful enough to encourage people to play elite though.
I personally don't think it should happen.

MKXII visuals used to mean something you know?

E-peen matter. :V
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
11-18-2012, 03:32 PM
The Elite STFs aren't hard by any measure, especially Infected.... it's a piece of cake. The only STF's I'd class as truly hard are Into the Hive and Hive Onslaught, as the groups me and my fleet have been putting together have yet to complete them with the optionals completed. Build up your gear and you will be able to do STF's... and if you don't want to there are other sets to get like the Romulan and Reman sets.
Captain
# 5
11-18-2012, 03:33 PM
its kind of stupid the way they have the system now..
you grind the estfs, then you get the gear you need to do estfs..

i would much prefer that estfs were locked out until you hit t4 and was able to get the gear..
they should make the normal how elite is in drops and make elite better.. give us something to work towards.

so many times i join an estf and 3 of the 5 people dont have gear and they die 50 times .. it makes the team lose.. specially cse..

oh nobody does normal stfs anymore.. the loot sucks..

really the way it is now is backwards.. you have to grind estfs to get stf gear?

and not like it was, where you maybe had to do some normal stfs for a week to get xi gear, then estfs for like a month to get a full set of xii gear.. you gotta start doing estfs with NO stf gear.

the system now will take months before you can even get the xi set.
plus 100s of thousands of dilithium, ec and xp
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-18-2012, 03:38 PM
In that case they shouldn't be doing ELITE stf's until they have decent gear. That's the whole reason there are normal level STF's too! I think elites should be locked out until Tier 3 or link them to an accolade for when you get the Mark X/XI sets. WoW has a good system where you can't take part in heroic 5 man dungeons untli you reach a set item level.
Captain
# 7
11-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
its kind of stupid the way they have the system now..
you grind the estfs, then you get the gear you need to do estfs..

i would much prefer that estfs were locked out until you hit t4 and was able to get the gear..
they should make the normal how elite is in drops and make elite better.. give us something to work towards.

so many times i join an estf and 3 of the 5 people dont have gear and they die 50 times .. it makes the team lose.. specially cse..

oh nobody does normal stfs anymore.. the loot sucks..

really the way it is now is backwards.. you have to grind estfs to get stf gear?

and not like it was, where you maybe had to do some normal stfs for a week to get xi gear, then estfs for like a month to get a full set of xii gear.. you gotta start doing estfs with NO stf gear.

the system now will take months before you can even get the xi set.
plus 100s of thousands of dilithium, ec and xp
Purple XI gear isn't the entry point anymore, it never should have been in the first place.
Career Officer
# 8
11-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Its all "I want all the rewards right now! with no effort" these days...sigh

if you fail at elites play norms till you get the tactics, build up your gear and then move onto elites.

If you dont have to work for it...whats the point.

Just go play the other content in the game if you dont like the stfs, theres plenty to choose from.
Captain
# 9
11-18-2012, 03:52 PM
If you feel inexperienced or incompetent towards STFs, then the ISE is the best Elite STF for getting Borg Neural Processors. Stay out of more difficult STFs until you are comfortable with it. All that is needed for the ISE is to know the 10% rule.
Career Officer
# 10
11-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionalzero View Post
Its all "I want all the rewards right now! with no effort" these days...sigh

if you fail at elites play norms till you get the tactics, build up your gear and then move onto elites.

If you dont have to work for it...whats the point.

Just go play the other content in the game if you dont like the stfs, theres plenty to choose from.
Congrats on completely failing at reading comprehension ol uber one.

Because earning 100 OMs is so much faster than running one eSTF.