Captain
# 381
11-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
And how many times did you see Dr. Beverly Crusher, or Captain Janeway, "wearing" their uniform so that their boobs hung out? I can't really remember any and I doubt they ever did, because to do so wouldn't be practical or professional. Ro Laren, Bajoran With An Attitude, sometimes took off her uniform coat but she had a perfectly decent shirt under it. Soooooooo...yeah.

You are right.With plastic surgery all women should be able to hide their boobs because if you see something that clearly turns them into objects.

You are either the pope or you dont know that women have boobs and burka is not a starfleet uniform.
Ensign
# 382
11-18-2012, 05:53 PM
You are missing the point. The point is the objectification of women is rampant in our society and it needs to be fixed. You can argue that men are also objectified but not at all to the extent that women are.
I totally agree that a woman should be allowed to wear whatever they want, including revealing tops, but the artists should have been more sensitive to the stereotypical sexy sci if girl image they were propagating.
By the way, if you're not a woman yourself you need to shut up before you make yourself look any more sexist. And that comment about the burka is rather uncalled for if you're not Muslim yourself.
PhantasmagoricRS
On the forums September 2009
Captain
# 383
11-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasrs View Post
And that comment about the burka is rather uncalled for if you're not Muslim yourself
in s8 that chick will get a ghost suit or a bear costume .Happy?

Last edited by adrianm63; 11-18-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Ensign
# 384
11-18-2012, 07:30 PM
While some people get hung up on the uniform, I don't care. Imagine her in a full TNG uniform. She would still be insulting.

Why? First, that vacant open mouthed stare that says she's not all there. That look, and looking at the viewer makes no sense at all in her presumed situation. Its not an emotionless Vulcan look.

Second, what the heck is her hair doing? It is not moving away from her path of motion, its blowing in the wind in an unnecessary over-glamorized effect. Oh yeah, and how often did we see a Vulcan with her hair resembling that in Star Trek? Only in the Mirror Universe.

Third, she has a phaser ready to fire but she doesn't look where she is aiming. She doesn't think its important. Anyone handling a weapon like that had better still be in basic training. Too bad she has captain pips.

Fourth, why is she falling? That doesn't look elegant, graceful, or any sort of badass.

Fifth, she is clearly wearing a lot of makeup. But she's on duty? And a vulcan?

So who cares what she is wearing when everything else is wrong? The pose, the physics, the look, the scene is all ridiculous and when you combine everything together it makes her look like a sex object and nothing more, because she clearly isn't being portrayed as a badass, competent, thinking, Vulcan captain in Starfleet.

She's nothing but Trek flavored eye candy in that picture. That is why it is offensive. If she were more than just eye candy, it would be fine, but nothing in the picture indicates that.
Lieutenant
# 385
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
He will live on via our box editions and the targets we KDF continue to shoot at.

Nice to know ... however ... that one of us actually bagged him.
My boxed copy doesn't have him on the front Got the Gold Edition with the Akira class on the box.
Captain
# 386
11-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrockssocks View Post
Fourth, why is she falling? That doesn't look elegant, graceful, or any sort of badass.
Quoted for truth.
# 387
11-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Never forget, not for one moment.
Captain
# 388
11-18-2012, 08:54 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think this is a temporary thing.

The new background is full of New Romulus stuff. So it's possible that a new background - and with it, a new mascot - will come around every season.

That doesn't mean we'll necessarily get Handsome Phaser Guy back, but at least "Pretty Phaser Lady" might not be permanent.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lieutenant
# 389
11-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Or the shirt might be gone next time
Empire Veteran
# 390
11-18-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm not going to dive into details but put simply I'd rather have Handsome Phaser Guy back.