Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 11
11-18-2012, 06:15 PM
WHEN are these Ques popping? I check the PvP ques, and if I'm lucky there might be half a team waiting fedside, and one or two KDF waiting...and the que never drops.

Not even on weekends. waits of over an hour, waits where I go to kill some time and finish re-running an episode mission (and STILL waiting), where it finally drops right as I'm about to log for the night-and I started waiting when I got home three hours before-that's the normal experience for me.

so...I"m wondering where all these people who que, then AFK or leech, are???
Captain
# 12
11-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
WHEN are these Ques popping? I check the PvP ques, and if I'm lucky there might be half a team waiting fedside, and one or two KDF waiting...and the que never drops.

Not even on weekends. waits of over an hour, waits where I go to kill some time and finish re-running an episode mission (and STILL waiting), where it finally drops right as I'm about to log for the night-and I started waiting when I got home three hours before-that's the normal experience for me.

so...I"m wondering where all these people who que, then AFK or leech, are???
To an extent, I've kind of been wondering this - with folks off grinding other things (or having walked away) - it started to get rare for a queue to pop. Heck, I've seen more and more folks in Ker'rat - as if they've made the choice to PvP there instead of in the queues...
Captain
# 13
11-18-2012, 06:41 PM
The AFK/griefer issue is a real problem that needs to be dealt with. The best way to do this would be a votekick button, something I'm sure isn't that difficult to implement.

I don't even care if someone else doesn't come and fill their spot, I'd just be happy if they're gone. I really really annoys me when people who deliberately hamper and spoil other peoples enjoyment get rewarded. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Captain
# 14
11-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
The best way to do this would be a votekick button, something I'm sure isn't that difficult to implement.
Nor difficult to abuse.

AFKers are nothing new - not just here - but in any game that rewards losing. Many things have been discussed - most of them can be abused or cause more problems than they fix.

Yet for some reason, the one thing there is always such an outcry against is no longer rewarding losing - and - I've always found that odd.
Commander
# 15
11-18-2012, 11:17 PM
LOL broken game is even more broken.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Captain
# 16
11-19-2012, 01:25 AM
LOL, Wanna hear my prophecy ? Cryptic will rather nerf the dilithium for PvP to zero, instead of implement AFK kick.
Empire Veteran
# 17
11-19-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
LOL, Wanna hear my prophecy ? Cryptic will rather nerf the dilithium for PvP to zero, instead of implement AFK kick.
I can only hope the Prophets are not blessing that in this case.

Career Officer
# 18
11-19-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
AFKers and leechers who do nothing except sit at spawn in pvp and wait for it to end so they can finish their dilithium missions has always been a problem, but has gotten worse in s7 due to dil being harder to earn other ways

Yesterday while doing cap and hold I had 2 AFKers on my team, both from the same KDF fleet so it was me and one other person left taking on 4 Feds, we did well for being outnumbered 2 to 1 but eventually lost. Next match the same 2 people were there being useless again but at least the Feds had 2 AFKers also so it was balanced, but still 5 on 5 is more fun then 3 on 3.

Besides these people I see a few other regular AFKers both on KDF and Fed side caring nothing about the fact they are griefing everyone else who is out there to actually play the game.

Something needs to be done about this, both AFKers need to be penalized, and dil needs to be easier to earn outside of pvp I think.
And there i was, trying to figure out if i even still want to play PvP in this game, and you come out with something depressing like this. Guess they cant even 'fix' this relative small problem, they dont even care about the essentials.

Well, MWO Also has afk'ers in the queue's, but hey, that game's still in beta ^^
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-19-2012, 03:24 AM
I think the queues are slow because we just got a ton of new, time consuming, PvE stuff. Most players aren't PvP only, and those who are, are the most eager to get the passives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
Well, MWO Also has afk'ers in the queue's, but hey, that game's still in beta ^^
I guess they're just waiting for the launchdate!
Rihannsu
# 20
11-19-2012, 03:48 AM
since cryptic cares greatly about pvp. Let's see how care will translate into (in-)action in this case. I mean we got a DSTahl post about DIl for STFs, why not one about pvp?
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Closed Thread