Ensign
# 11
11-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
4 to 6 to quote the devs.
4 to 6 weeks of starting the "projects" right after the last one ended. I'm sorry, but I work full time. I can't be logging in in the middle of the day to start new projects, and I don't have the time to be running STFs every night. It would take me at least 2 months to get through it, probably close to 3, with much of the time I do have available to play just sitting around doing nothing because of the timing of things.

I play(ed) this game to waste my free time when I have it, and forget about the real world whenever I can. Now, I'm forced to just sit and wait, for nothing. It's not the rep system itself, it's the way it was implemented. There's a right way and a wrong way. WoW did it right, in Wrath and Cataclysm. They simplified things too much and made the game boring with Pandaria. That's why I switched to this game. Heck, I was having so much fun running space battles so often I paid for a lifetime membership. Then PW did this.

I went back to WoW, and as boring as it has been getting two levels over the last two days, it was better than doing nothing.
Captain
# 12
11-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangere View Post
4 to 6 weeks of starting the "projects" right after the last one ended. I'm sorry, but I work full time. I can't be logging in in the middle of the day to start new projects, and I don't have the time to be running STFs every night. It would take me at least 2 months to get through it, probably close to 3, with much of the time I do have available to play just sitting around doing nothing because of the timing of things.
Ok, so you can't log-in in the middle of the day to restart your projects once they run out? Cool YOU DONT HAVE TO ALWAYS HAVE THE PROJECTS RUNNING!!! You are not getting penalized for not having a project running. All that you lose is the opportunity cost of what? a few hours? a day maybe of the Reputation cooking? If you are seriously THAT worked up over having an empty slot in your reputation system, work out a schedule. You know how long it takes to run a project. don't start a new one until you can be sure to come back and refill its replacement.

Again, this is not a life or death situation. If your Strawberries in Farmville can wither and die, so can your Reputation system run dry for a few hours.
Captain
# 13
11-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangere View Post
4 to 6 weeks...
No, 4 to 6 months.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Lieutenant
# 14
11-18-2012, 11:10 PM
The new rep system yes is good but has some minor and major flaws. The quick and skinny of some of its major flaws is it ignores any past achievement you have done for the Omega Force, and Reman/Romulans pryor to S7. Also it makes getting any of the new items a tedious pointless endevour. The time gate also detracts from the store. After getting to X Tier you now have to run a project to not only unlock the tier but afterwards run other 40hr projects to get access to (what looks like) 1 single purchase of a item from the store.

For those interested in time numbers here is what it looks like now vs what it looked like then. Now this is assuming you run the STFs for the marks (omega).

Currently (assuming you do not buy any store upgrades til Tier 5) the time to get to T5 and unlock a full set (Deflect, Shield, Engine, 1 Weapon) = 1593 hrs (66 days).

In that time you could have, under the old system, ran 4780 normal(or elite) STFs. Earned multiple Full Sets of Omega and MACO/HonorGuard sets and more mk XI weapons that one could ever need. (I know some are gonna say that those arn't mk XII gear but the devs believe that Mk X gear should be "just fine, and the Mk XII is just for those who want to have something that feels Special", I'm ofcourse Paraphrasing as its been along time sense I read that.)
Career Officer
# 15
11-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
The problem with the old system was that people were playing STF's, sometimes for nearly as long as they've been in the game and STILL not getting the MKXII item drops.

I can speak from experience on this, I hit 50 ten days after I started playing, ground out Elite STFS and did not get a SINGLE prototype drop for the MKXII gear.

Meanwhile others were getting the drops on their first run.

This system eliminates the chance factor.

While I agree the amount of time needed to get through it is a little ridiculous (Since when do small projects take more time than big ones?) with some tweaks this system can be made a lot better.
The system has its good sides and bad sides.

Good in that it eliminates the chance factor and pretty much garuntees the gear if you put in the time and dilithium.

The bad?

Well let see I have about 700 omega marks.

I guess i dont have to do STFs for the next couple of weeks.

lets see. 763/26 (actual amount of omega marks I have/Omega Projects as I dont need any of the gear at t1.)

= Enough for 29 projects. /2 = 14.5 since I can have two at the same time 24+16 = 40 hours. So every 40 hours I can do two projects so thats what? 560(14*40) hours(3 weeks or so) total to get through all my marks?

I think I messed up my math some where.
Captain
# 16
11-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic View Post
The problem with the old system was that people were playing STF's, sometimes for nearly as long as they've been in the game and STILL not getting the MKXII item drops.

I can speak from experience on this, I hit 50 ten days after I started playing, ground out Elite STFS and did not get a SINGLE prototype drop for the MKXII gear.

Meanwhile others were getting the drops on their first run.

This system eliminates the chance factor.

While I agree the amount of time needed to get through it is a little ridiculous (Since when do small projects take more time than big ones?) with some tweaks this system can be made a lot better.
----------------
It makes nothing better worse actually

Tying number of completed stfs to the existing accolades
And letting admiral Quinn give you your drop
Would have worked much easier than this

Upping the drop rate

No your wrong this is much worse than what we had
Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse