Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 1 How's my Toon?
11-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Hello all! I just wanted to post this to get some feedback about how I could improve my toon.

UPDATED 12/19/12!!!

Vice Admiral Setok

Career: Tactical Officer

Shields: Mk XII Advanced Fleet Personal Shields

Armour: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Body Armour

Weapons: Mk XI M.A.C.O Phaser Battle Rifle
Mk XI Tetryon Full Auto Rifle

Kit: Mk XI Tact - Operative

Devices: Mol'Rihan Tribble (Just for the Marks)
Frequency Remodulator
Winter Tribble (Again, just for the Winter Event)
Gambling Device


Setok has been trained in nerve pinches, is highly logical, and has been retrained with a new (perfect, for me) skill layout that gives him a good bit of everything, like a proper Captain should have.



U.S.S. Lexington NCC-91701-B

Type: Oddysey Operations Cruiser

Fore: Mk XI Polarized Disruptor Beam Array (Very Rare)
Mk X Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Rare)
Mk XI Dual Polarized Disruptor Beam Bank (Very Rare)
Mk XI Polarized Disruptor Beam Array (Very Rare)

Deflector: Aegis Deflector Dish

Engines: Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines

Shields: Aegis Covariant Shield Array

Aft: Mk XI Polarized Disruptor Beam Array (Very Rare)
Mk X Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Rare)
Mk XI Polarized Disruptor Beam Array (Very Rare)
Mk XI Polarized Disruptor Beam Array (Very Rare)

Consoles: (All are MK XI or Mk X, Rares)

Eng: Saucer Sep, Field Emitter, RCS Accelerator, Isometric Charge, Neutronium Armor
Sci: Field Generator, Emitter Array, Assimilated Module
Tact: Torpedo Modifier (I can't remember the name) and a Disruptor Modifier (Again, can't remeber the name.)




Thatnks for reveiwing my specs, please leave any and all feedback below!! Also, I will be updating this periodically as I take in suggestions and apply them
_________________________________________________


Last edited by admspock2; 12-19-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 866
# 2
11-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admspock2 View Post
Hello all! I just wanted to post this to get some feedback about how I could improve my toon.

Vice Admiral Setok

Career: Tactical Officer

Shields: Mk XII Advanced Fleet Personal Shields

Armour: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Body Armour

Weapons: Mk XI Phaser Sniper Rifle (Anit-Borg)*
Mk XI Tetryon Full Auto Rifle

Kit: Mk XI Tact - Operative

Devices: Fluidic Tribble
Frequency Remodulator

Setok has been trained in nerve pinches, is highly logical, and has honed his skills in improving weapons functionality (Gorund & Space)

U.S.S. Lexington NCC-91701-B

Type: Oddysey Operations Cruiser

Fore: Mk VII Tetryon Beam Array (Uncommon)
Mk XI Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Rare)
Mk XI Tetryon Beam Array (Rare)
Mk X Transphasic Torpedo Launcher (Uncommon)

Deflector: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Deflector Dish

Engines: Mk XII Combat Impulse Engines

Shields: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Resilient Shield Array

Aft: Mk XII Phaser Beam Array (Rare)
~ Retrofit Blue Phaser Beam Array (Rare)
Mk XII Chroniton Mine Launcher (Uncommon)
Mk XI Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Rare)

The Lexington is equipped with consoles that boost weapons and shield power, for the best in vessel operation.

Thatnks for reveiwing my specs, please leave any and all feedback below!!
Eh... I'd start off by making sure there's no spell checks here... Why are you a VA with a Mk VII Tetryon Beam? Is that supposed to be XII? Why Tetryon, of all things? I, personally, consider Tet the most worthless energy type. I prefer plasma, but that's me.
Second, your Tet full auto rifle. The full auto part is K... the Tet part really isn't. Tetryon is useless on ground. By the time it procs, their shields are ALREADY gone. Phasers, Disruptors, Plasma, Polaron, those are where to go. Come to think of it, the Jem'Hadar Rifle isn't too bad. Hell, the entire ground Jem'Hadar set is pretty passable.
Third... When you say "Anti -Borg Sniper Rifle", do you mean the MACO Battle Rifle, or a normal Phaser Sniper Rifle with a Borg mod?
Fourth up is your Shield/Engine/Deflector. You've got two parts of Space Jem'Hadar, and you're not using Polaron, so the passive is worthless. The 3-piece isn't too hot, so I'd recommend going with a new set. Retro Borg on an Odyssey is wonderful. It's a very survivable set. The only other really popular set for the Odyssey is the MACO Space set. I, personally, am not a huge fan of it, but it'll work.
Fifth: CONSOLES. Straight shield/weapon power isn't a good idea. You're running an Odyssey, it'll have enough power anyway. I highly recommend going AT LEAST two RCS Accelerators for turn rate. Some Neutronium Armor wouldn't be bad, either. Take, as well, some Warhead Yield Chambers and Directed Energy Distribution Manifolds in Tactical slots for increased damage. Science... Go for the Assimilated Module and a few Field Generators for increased Shield Cap. It's kind of dated, but this is my Odyssey Item build. It's geared more for Tanking than damage, but she's a HELL of a tank. The devices are effectively interchangeable wit whatever you have.

Other than that, you're pretty good. Just skill up properly, and you're set.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 3
11-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Eh... I'd start off by making sure there's no spell checks here... Why are you a VA with a Mk VII Tetryon Beam? Is that supposed to be XII? Why Tetryon, of all things? I, personally, consider Tet the most worthless energy type. I prefer plasma, but that's me.
Second, your Tet full auto rifle. The full auto part is K... the Tet part really isn't. Tetryon is useless on ground. By the time it procs, their shields are ALREADY gone. Phasers, Disruptors, Plasma, Polaron, those are where to go. Come to think of it, the Jem'Hadar Rifle isn't too bad. Hell, the entire ground Jem'Hadar set is pretty passable.
Third... When you say "Anti -Borg Sniper Rifle", do you mean the MACO Battle Rifle, or a normal Phaser Sniper Rifle with a Borg mod?
Fourth up is your Shield/Engine/Deflector. You've got two parts of Space Jem'Hadar, and you're not using Polaron, so the passive is worthless. The 3-piece isn't too hot, so I'd recommend going with a new set. Retro Borg on an Odyssey is wonderful. It's a very survivable set. The only other really popular set for the Odyssey is the MACO Space set. I, personally, am not a huge fan of it, but it'll work.
Fifth: CONSOLES. Straight shield/weapon power isn't a good idea. You're running an Odyssey, it'll have enough power anyway. I highly recommend going AT LEAST two RCS Accelerators for turn rate. Some Neutronium Armor wouldn't be bad, either. Take, as well, some Warhead Yield Chambers and Directed Energy Distribution Manifolds in Tactical slots for increased damage. Science... Go for the Assimilated Module and a few Field Generators for increased Shield Cap. It's kind of dated, but this is my Odyssey Item build. It's geared more for Tanking than damage, but she's a HELL of a tank. The devices are effectively interchangeable wit whatever you have.

Other than that, you're pretty good. Just skill up properly, and you're set.
Thanks for the reply! I can see that I will be spending some Dilithium for ship gear and retraining my captain. I am working up for the Borg set and putting into projects as fast as I can. If u don't mind, I may lay out my consoles like you have yours. I also will be trying out this in the STO Academy Skill Planner to see where to skill my points at.
_________________________________________________


Last edited by admspock2; 11-20-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 866
# 4
11-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admspock2 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I can see that I will be spending some Dilithium for ship gear and retraining my captain. I am working up for the Borg set and putting into projects as fast as I can. If u don't mind, I may lay out my consoles like you have yours. I also will be trying out this in the STO Academy Skill Planner to see where to skill my points at.
Keep in mind, my tank is an Engineer. Some of my skill points are invalid. However, I'll give you my build anyway. You can prolly use it.

A few notes, since that was published around S6 Launch:
1: Replace the Paratrinic Shield with the Assimilated Regenerative Array. It may have a lower cap, but it has an unGODly regen rate, and you will have a LOT of shield heals.
2: In the Commander Engineering Bridge Officer Slot, replace the Lieutenant-slot power Aux to Dampers with Aux to Batteries. It also helps if you have a purple Technician DOff on active for the BOff Power cooldown reduction. For this, I recommend your power levels be 60 Weapon, 60 Shield, 25 Engine, 55 Aux. Aux to Bat will drain aux into everything else, like a miniature EPS Power Transfer.
3: The Ensign Science Slot is basically whatever you want it to be. I like Mask Energy Signature, but it's not a requirement. Feel free to swap that for anything. Polarize Hull might not be a bad idea.
4: Engineering Team 3 is trained by Engineering Captains, you'll have to find someone to train it. However, it IS 10,094 Hull every 30 seconds (about 18% of the Odyssey's hull), so it's MORE than worth it.
5: Reverse Shield Polarity comes from Purple Engineering BOffs. On the exchange, you should be able to find one pretty cheap. I specced a friend of mine into this build, and the BOff was 7.7k EC.
6: The Lieutenant Commander Universal can be anything. I like the added damage. Torpedo Spread 3 comes with the Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer from Facility 4028.

This build, when done properly, can survive fire from an Elite-difficulty Tactical Cube almost indefinitely, but your reaction time must be EXCELLENT. Your primary damage is AoE (Fire at Will and Torp Spread). This is to get aggro on you, so that your team can wipe the enemies without much issue.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)

Last edited by icegavel; 11-20-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 5
11-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Keep in mind, my tank is an Engineer. Some of my skill points are invalid. However, I'll give you my build anyway. You can prolly use it.

A few notes, since that was published around S6 Launch:
1: Replace the Paratrinic Shield with the Assimilated Regenerative Array. It may have a lower cap, but it has an unGODly regen rate, and you will have a LOT of shield heals.
2: In the Commander Engineering Bridge Officer Slot, replace the Lieutenant-slot power Aux to Dampers with Aux to Batteries. It also helps if you have a purple Technician DOff on active for the BOff Power cooldown reduction. For this, I recommend your power levels be 60 Weapon, 60 Shield, 25 Engine, 55 Aux. Aux to Bat will drain aux into everything else, like a miniature EPS Power Transfer.
3: The Ensign Science Slot is basically whatever you want it to be. I like Mask Energy Signature, but it's not a requirement. Feel free to swap that for anything. Polarize Hull might not be a bad idea.
4: Engineering Team 3 is trained by Engineering Captains, you'll have to find someone to train it. However, it IS 10,094 Hull every 30 seconds (about 18% of the Odyssey's hull), so it's MORE than worth it.
5: Reverse Shield Polarity comes from Purple Engineering BOffs. On the exchange, you should be able to find one pretty cheap. I specced a friend of mine into this build, and the BOff was 7.7k EC.
6: The Lieutenant Commander Universal can be anything. I like the added damage. Torpedo Spread 3 comes with the Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer from Facility 4028.

This build, when done properly, can survive fire from an Elite-difficulty Tactical Cube almost indefinitely, but your reaction time must be EXCELLENT. Your primary damage is AoE (Fire at Will and Torp Spread). This is to get aggro on you, so that your team can wipe the enemies without much issue.

Thanks for the feedback, and even though I am a Tac Officer, I have a few of those Eng skills such as Reverse Shield Polarity and Engineering Team. The next time I go ingame, I am gonna be training my BOFFs in a few of these skills. I decided to stick with the Tetryon Beams now, but added turrets to the aft slots. I found that for me, that worked better than the plasma beams. I am still experimenting around though, and may get a retrain token here before long.
_________________________________________________

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,108
# 6
11-20-2012, 07:08 PM
for ground gear you may want the advanced fleet armor with 80% crit severity. incredible dmg boost.
i prefer the operative kit (there is no MK XI version^^) and an antiproton shotgun (pulsewave) to take out an entire grp of enemies at once...atleast in fleetactions thats possible, not in stfs.
i allways use 2 set parts of the MACO to get the shieldheal and 3 parts for stfs...MK X is sufficent. That you must get, it's obligatory.
gambling machine is the way to go for a tactical...not a tribble. if you havent got a gambling machine, get a tribble that gives + dmg.

your ship is severly lacking...in other words not really elite stf fit.

too many projectile weapons...rainbow energy weapons, go for one type.

this would be my suggestion. 2 tac teams is obligatory actually to keep shields facing allways at the side you are fired upon.
Tractor beam repulsor is a hell of an allround ability...keeps heavy plasma torpedos clear, works as croud control in many, many situations...or is simply an amazing kinetic damage ability against stationary targets.
you can use the jem hadar set, but use the full set...i would suggest 3 piece borg though. or 2 jem hadar + the borg deflector. or 2 MACO /KHG
you are too late to get all the good stuff for free, since before season 7, equipping your ship (character) with MK XII purples was kind of childs play...now it expensive and takes forever.
But what you need is the assimilated console...obligatory! and put it into an engineering console slot.
turnrate consoles on a cruiser are a waste. get some universal consoles like subspace jump. the 2 neutronium in icegavels ship are OK, but plz do not waste your tactical console slots with the same conoles he has...get 2 phaser dmg consoles and use atleast 6 beam arrays...with max power to weapons. or if you stick with the jem hadar set use a polaron setup, you get 7.6% more dmg with 2 pieces as a bonus. (consoles, beams)
torpedos: either quantum or photons in PVE, forget the rest and forget mines.

your setup should be something like: forward weapons: 3x beam array 1x quantum torp launcher (if possible the 180 degree version from the regent)
or even 4x beam array
aft weapons: 4x beam array

which energy weapon type is your personal preference...plasma or tetryon are very cheap to get on the exchange. consoles and weapons

most successfull tac cruiser builts are beam only, and they use atleast 2 times EPtW 1 or 2 to work against the energy drain. Those are actually the cruisers that can really hurt, even in PVP.

there are also many excellent builds on the forum...just google STO cruiser builds and look around before you respec or buy stuff. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=249906 is an excellent thread for this subject.
i urge you to read through this thread a little before doing anything.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 11-20-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,034
# 7
11-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admspock2 View Post
Hello all! I just wanted to post this to get some feedback about how I could improve my toon.



Vice Admiral Setok

Career: Tactical Officer

Shields: Mk XII Advanced Fleet Personal Shields

Armour: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Body Armour

Weapons: Mk XI Phaser Sniper Rifle (Anit-Borg)*
Mk XI Tetryon Full Auto Rifle

Kit: Mk XI Tact - Operative
Personally I prefer the fire team kit, but then I prefer to go all out.

Quote:
Devices: Fluidic Tribble
Frequency Remodulator
There's two items I'd recommend you get - the Ophidian Cane and the Shard of Possibilies. Both are rewards for completing the final mission of the featured episodes during their initial release and during replay events. Luckily for you there's a replay event coming up in December.

Ophidian cane holds your opponents
Shard of possibilities spawns two clones of you.

Quote:
Setok has been trained in nerve pinches, is highly logical, and has honed his skills in improving weapons functionality (Gorund & Space)



U.S.S. Lexington NCC-91701-B

Type: Oddysey Operations Cruiser

Fore: Mk VII Tetryon Beam Array (Uncommon)
Mk XI Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Rare)
Mk XI Tetryon Beam Array (Rare)
Mk X Transphasic Torpedo Launcher (Uncommon)

Quote:
Deflector: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Deflector Dish

Engines: Mk XII Combat Impulse Engines

Shields: Mk XI Jem'Hadar Resilient Shield Array
Personally I'd recommend you get the Borg deflector, Borg engines and the MACO shield. 2-piece Borg set gets you a helpful hull heal proc, while the MACO shield probably the best shield for feds.

Quote:
Aft: Mk XII Phaser Beam Array (Rare)
~ Retrofit Blue Phaser Beam Array (Rare)
Mk XII Chroniton Mine Launcher (Uncommon)
Mk XI Quantum Torpedo Launcher (Rare)

I'd recommend sticking to one energy weapon type, as specific energy type consoles give a better boost then generic ones. If you're stuck on using torps, I'd recommend you use 6 beam arrays.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 8
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
for ground gear you may want the advanced fleet armor with 80% crit severity. incredible dmg boost.
i prefer the operative kit (there is no MK XI version^^) and an antiproton shotgun (pulsewave) to take out an entire grp of enemies at once...atleast in fleetactions thats possible, not in stfs.
i allways use 2 set parts of the MACO to get the shieldheal and 3 parts for stfs...MK X is sufficent. That you must get, it's obligatory.
gambling machine is the way to go for a tactical...not a tribble. if you havent got a gambling machine, get a tribble that gives + dmg.

your ship is severly lacking...in other words not really elite stf fit.

too many projectile weapons...rainbow energy weapons, go for one type.

this would be my suggestion. 2 tac teams is obligatory actually to keep shields facing allways at the side you are fired upon.
Tractor beam repulsor is a hell of an allround ability...keeps heavy plasma torpedos clear, works as croud control in many, many situations...or is simply an amazing kinetic damage ability against stationary targets.
you can use the jem hadar set, but use the full set...i would suggest 3 piece borg though. or 2 jem hadar + the borg deflector. or 2 MACO /KHG
you are too late to get all the good stuff for free, since before season 7, equipping your ship (character) with MK XII purples was kind of childs play...now it expensive and takes forever.
But what you need is the assimilated console...obligatory! and put it into an engineering console slot.
turnrate consoles on a cruiser are a waste. get some universal consoles like subspace jump. the 2 neutronium in icegavels ship are OK, but plz do not waste your tactical console slots with the same conoles he has...get 2 phaser dmg consoles and use atleast 6 beam arrays...with max power to weapons. or if you stick with the jem hadar set use a polaron setup, you get 7.6% more dmg with 2 pieces as a bonus. (consoles, beams)
torpedos: either quantum or photons in PVE, forget the rest and forget mines.

your setup should be something like: forward weapons: 3x beam array 1x quantum torp launcher (if possible the 180 degree version from the regent)
or even 4x beam array
aft weapons: 4x beam array

which energy weapon type is your personal preference...plasma or tetryon are very cheap to get on the exchange. consoles and weapons

most successfull tac cruiser builts are beam only, and they use atleast 2 times EPtW 1 or 2 to work against the energy drain. Those are actually the cruisers that can really hurt, even in PVP.

there are also many excellent builds on the forum...just google STO cruiser builds and look around before you respec or buy stuff. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=249906 is an excellent thread for this subject.
i urge you to read through this thread a little before doing anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
Personally I prefer the fire team kit, but then I prefer to go all out.



There's two items I'd recommend you get - the Ophidian Cane and the Shard of Possibilies. Both are rewards for completing the final mission of the featured episodes during their initial release and during replay events. Luckily for you there's a replay event coming up in December.

Ophidian cane holds your opponents
Shard of possibilities spawns two clones of you.






Personally I'd recommend you get the Borg deflector, Borg engines and the MACO shield. 2-piece Borg set gets you a helpful hull heal proc, while the MACO shield probably the best shield for feds.




I'd recommend sticking to one energy weapon type, as specific energy type consoles give a better boost then generic ones. If you're stuck on using torps, I'd recommend you use 6 beam arrays.



Thank you guys for the input! As for the topic on the Borg/MACO gear, I am putting into my projects as quick as I can, or as quick as my EC supply holds out. In about a week, I will be at Teir I Omega. I know where all you guys are coming from, when I first started I was real careless about what went where or how I did my skill points, and now it shows during Elite STF's when I have to withdrawn for about five minutes to let my ship recover and keep running to a starbase to get Components to repair damage. You may not be aware, but I have about a 2 page document filled with helpful notes from u guys when I retrain my capt.

As for my weapon loadout, I have some reasons for my torpedo launchers. I went for the transphasic one due to the shield penetration ability it has, and then being able to throw about 6 quantums at an enemy. I will be replacing the mine launcher with a Tetryon beam as nobody ever gets near my mines, and they just time out and explode.
_________________________________________________

Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 9
11-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Keep in mind, my tank is an Engineer. Some of my skill points are invalid. However, I'll give you my build anyway. You can prolly use it.

A few notes, since that was published around S6 Launch:
1: Replace the Paratrinic Shield with the Assimilated Regenerative Array. It may have a lower cap, but it has an unGODly regen rate, and you will have a LOT of shield heals.
2: In the Commander Engineering Bridge Officer Slot, replace the Lieutenant-slot power Aux to Dampers with Aux to Batteries. It also helps if you have a purple Technician DOff on active for the BOff Power cooldown reduction. For this, I recommend your power levels be 60 Weapon, 60 Shield, 25 Engine, 55 Aux. Aux to Bat will drain aux into everything else, like a miniature EPS Power Transfer.
3: The Ensign Science Slot is basically whatever you want it to be. I like Mask Energy Signature, but it's not a requirement. Feel free to swap that for anything. Polarize Hull might not be a bad idea.
4: Engineering Team 3 is trained by Engineering Captains, you'll have to find someone to train it. However, it IS 10,094 Hull every 30 seconds (about 18% of the Odyssey's hull), so it's MORE than worth it.
5: Reverse Shield Polarity comes from Purple Engineering BOffs. On the exchange, you should be able to find one pretty cheap. I specced a friend of mine into this build, and the BOff was 7.7k EC.
6: The Lieutenant Commander Universal can be anything. I like the added damage. Torpedo Spread 3 comes with the Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer from Facility 4028.

This build, when done properly, can survive fire from an Elite-difficulty Tactical Cube almost indefinitely, but your reaction time must be EXCELLENT. Your primary damage is AoE (Fire at Will and Torp Spread). This is to get aggro on you, so that your team can wipe the enemies without much issue.


Ok, I went in STO today and got all my officers trained up like you said, and I believe I will stick with it. I made it completely thru a Elite STF without hassle. The Borg couldn't break thru my shields, because I was wiping them out so fast. I want to thank you for your help on this.
_________________________________________________

Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
# 10
12-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Updated 12/19/12
_________________________________________________

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:48 PM.