Lt. Commander
# 11
07-30-2009, 06:07 PM
How is respawning dealt with? So some lucky Klingon Bat'leth's me.. Will I die and have to sit out the rest of the 'Away Mission' or can I beam back all patched up? Perhaps replace one of my bridge officers with myself?

Thanks Guys
Lt. Commander
# 12 Just A Few Questions
07-30-2009, 06:15 PM
One: Are we going to have to have our fingers on literally all the keys in order to move around enough to take cover/fire at a specific target/ or to do something else? Because I only have five fingers on each hand!
Two:When we are fighting with the BORG, what will happen to us if they shoot one of those automatic assimilators at us? Do we just die and restart at last known position, or are we part of the collective?

Thank you for looking over my questions! I hope they help you in development of the game!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-30-2009, 06:16 PM
So the solution for fleet raids seem the discribed kits, obviously onboard my ship or on one who's incharge of the captianing Officer the item gets valuable. My point is how far will grinding and especialy crafting become the PC gaining in a skill for the level of rank?
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-30-2009, 06:17 PM
-Will there be an AI option between offensive and defensive formations? In other words, will there be one in which the AI picks and attacks targets without your intervention, but won't run off after them and get themselves killed?

-Can we beam critically injured members back to the ship for stabilization and beam down a replacement?

-Do all away parties have to be five members? Can we go down with three if we want to?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Two questions:
  1. Will it be possible/necessary to engage in non-combat activities while combat is going on? Say, the engineer needs to work on setting up transporter pattern enhancers while the other away team members fight off an attacking force?
  2. Will ground combat always be required to complete a mission, or are alternative methods of conflict resolution going to be available?

Powers &8^]
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-30-2009, 06:18 PM
you talk about four special abilities for your characters, does that include your racial abilitys? or do they get them no matter what?
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Personal shields = ****ing ******
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Will there be a cover system like in mass effect?

When it comes to heals (self or others) will we use a hypospray or later on can we get some kind of nano-bots to give us regenerative healing abilities?

Will we be able to dash (temporary increase in speed) like in mass effect? It worked really well imo.

Will we be able to mod our weapons and shields for better performance?

Will weapon proficiency be based on skill points or on how often you use it?

Can we use the holodeck to train ourselves in some ground combat scenarios?

Will energy or projectile weapons use ammunition?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks for giving a decent overview to ground combat before taking the questions

Will the target "marking" give your' bots target priorities or is it just attack 1 at a time.

Example:

Mark 1. High priority attack 1st
Mark 2. Attack after disabling 1
Mark 3. so on and so on

You could even expand on this and it will give quite a large number of possibilities (ex. colours for party member abilities). Do u have plans for an interface system to address "marking" in this way or something similar?
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Will all ground missions be 5 individuals, or will some of the more epic things you encounter at "end game" require 10+ away team members?

How effective are npc away team members planned to be? Will they make you want to shoot them yourself for never taking cover, or swapping weapons when appropriate, or will they be ~90% as effective as human players lacking only in the most advanced tactics? Additionally, will those npc away team members be able to equip their own kits, or is that a specialty reserved for human players which encourages all player away teams?