Captain
# 391
11-18-2012, 08:26 PM
The existence of this thread makes me happy.

You are all awesome. All 38 pages and counting of you.

Not as awesome as Handsome Phaser Guy, but still awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 392
11-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Suggestions to make the phaser lady better:
Explosion in the background, then it can explain her weird pose.
Make her skin, lips, and make up more greenish for that Vulcan and/or Romulan look. Since their blood are green, their skin shouldn't be as fleshed out.
Of course, move her eyes towards where the phaser is pointing at.
Add a few small scratches on her uniform or dust it up a little. Right now it s too clean right now to be in combat.
Lastly, lessen the cleavage a little. Right now, her uniform doesn't look like it has been unzipped, it just looks like it is a low cut top.
Captain
# 393
11-19-2012, 01:18 AM
"Oh no! Tal Shiar! *pew* *pew* Duh... where's the stair? Whaug! Can't see where I'm going cuz boobs! Whozzat with the camera? *thud*"
# 394
11-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Phaser Dude isn't gone, he just got a new home - http://www.perfectworld.com/

There were some complaints that STO didn't have enough equality so they moved him out and brought in the big... "eared"... lady.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
# 395
11-19-2012, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
Except for one big fault. Her skin tint is reddish, not greenish.
A simple explanation is that the reddish tint is more... appealing to male viewers than a green tint.
Career Officer
# 396
11-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
She's a Vulcan who's putting aside differences between her people to help her distant brethren in the hopes of a brighter future.

Seriously, if they put a Romulan there then I'm pretty sure people would have started expecting to play a Romulan. If that functionality isn't made available then you've got heaps of unhappy people.
Pretty much this. I say save any pictures of Romulans for if/when they release a Romulan faction.
Joined August 2008
Career Officer
# 397
11-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Being a Vulcan, she should be. Yes, I said Vulcan. For the simple fact she is in a starfleet uniform. Romulans haven't joined Starfleet. Even ones who wear their uniforms with the zip pretty much all the way down.
If I recall correctly, the path to 2409 (RIP) did allow for non-federation species to enlist in Starfleet, so Romulans can certainly sign up, not that I think she's Romulan.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
# 398
11-19-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleduck View Post
=/ Because all I see are your own psychological projections. =/
:::hands Bumbleduck a cigar:::

Bullseye! Right on the target!
Career Officer
# 399
11-19-2012, 05:41 AM
she could be part Romulan part Human, it has been done before in the past.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Ensign
# 400
11-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleduck View Post
Problem is all in your heads guys. It sounds like you have some internal sexism issues you need to overcome =/ Because all I see are your own psychological projections. =/
The problem isn't all in our heads. It's in society. It's in you guys saying the problem isn't real.
These aren't internal sexism issues, they're issues women have to deal with ever day of our lives. Until you've walked a day in a woman's shoes, surrounded with images of what women should be according to men, feeling the gazes of men on your body, fearing for your safety when walking alone in the afternoon because it's a real possibility that some man might come and force you to have sex with them (they censored the actual word for this action for some reason) because what are women but sex objects anyways, don't say it's all in our heads.
This is our society. This is the problem.

Back to the subject at hand.
In Star Trek, our society has advanced past seeing women predominantly as sex objects. This problem is no more.
But PWE obviously didn't get the memo with this image of this Vulcan woman with the vacant expression. But we all know how they're all about profit and that sex sells. And look at the way women are portrayed in all their other games. They're just another part of the problem.

All I want is for them to use the same kind of imagery in their marketing for both males and females. Handsome Phaser Dude looked good. A woman in the same style uniform as him would be great. I'm just asking for equality.
PhantasmagoricRS
On the forums September 2009

Last edited by phantasrs; 11-19-2012 at 07:53 AM. Reason: censorship