Lt. Commander
# 21
07-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Will missions that could result in ground combat have combat as their only means to success?
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Will these "kits" be supplied to your character automatically upon creation, or will there be a mission or procedure through which they'll be unlocked and ready for use/enhancement?
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
in PvP ground combat, what is going to happen to our orbiting ships?

in PvP ground combat, how many people can we have in each side?

in PvP, what are the benefits of doing ground combat vs waiting for the enemy to leave the planet and fight in space?
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-30-2009, 06:36 PM
1) Can you give us an overview of how ground combat will work in the context of trying to take planets and stations in PvP and PvE? Will there be certain control points you have to capture, like the Capital Building, Barracks, Command Center, etc?

2) Can you call in reinforcements, beyond your away team, in the form of Red Shirts that you do not control directly in combat situations?

3) What role will NPCs on your side and the opposing side play when it comes to taking planets or stations?

4) Will there be vehicles, fortifications, etc that players can use at launch on the ground?

5) Will ground and space battles be able to take place simultaneously and affect each other? IE: Can I call in a torpedo strike from my buddy in orbit, or if I take over a planetary defense weapon, can I turn it on enemy ships in orbit?

Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Do the bridge officers you take along follow your movements exactly, like pets, or are they capable of displaying some tactical intelligence, i.e. getting in some kind of formation or taking cover themselves behind the nearest objects, etc.?

Is a typical battle between two players and their respective away teams a long, drawn out affair, or over very quickly?

Can we expect to have multi-sided (i.e., more than two sides) battles? Like multiple factions or groups of NPCs that are all hostile towards each other and you, or NPCs getting involved in PvP to a small degree?

Can ground battles be large scale and/or objective based in PvP? i.e., some path to victory other than just straight up killing the other team, like control points or power cores to take over or destroy?
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-30-2009, 06:51 PM
1: Will phasers and/or phaser rifles have adjustable power settings and beam widths?

2: Will phasers or disruptors have "ammo" or will they recharge over time?

3: When you fire a phaser or disruptor, do they fire in short bursts or will they fire as long as your finger is on the mouse button?
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Will players be able to go prone and crawl?

Will there be any type of grenades?

Will players be able to do a dodge roll (ala GOW)?

Can players hold a weapon in each hand? If so, can players mix with long range and melee?

Do non-melee weapons need reloading? If so, how often?

Since shields can be penetrated by melee weapons, can players wear some type of melee resistant body armor?

Is it possible to set phasers to different fire settings (like wide beam or vaporize) or is that tied to the player skill's?

Can players pick up and use enemy weapons/kits? If so, can acquired enemy weapons/kits be used on a later mission, or studied to provide increased resistance to them?
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-30-2009, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anichent View Post
Personal shields = ****ing ******
i'm not sure that quite qualifies as a "question" Per Se....as for your...ahem..."Constructive Comment"(), chances are that personal shields will only take 4-6 hits to take down.

Now to my question: How many direct hits can personal shields take before being taken down? and how many hits can an unshielded player take?
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Will a "Body Guard" system be in place? In City of Villains, Body Guard is a system that spreads damage inflicted upon the player to his pets. Will STO have a similar system, whereas if I am hit with a disruptor blast will I take the brunt of the damage? Or will my away team share the pain?
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I would like to know how do you deal with kiting issues with melée weps? Are there any holds when using melée weps?