Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 361
11-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkabledori View Post
Same here, going to withdrawn my money till

a. Cost of dilithium for leveling up and acquiring the according items is gone, as also the cost for doffs.

or

b. The dilithium is back on the values as before the Thursday patch, meaning STF's Elite 1440 dil, STF's Normal 480 dil plus the loot is returned and the Gorn, Starbase 24 and Klingon Scout Force are back up to 1440 dil. Also a raise of the refinement cap is demanded.

Read well, not required but demanded. Till then, Cryptic & PWE won't see a cent of my money.
motion seconded!
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Captain
# 362
11-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
i used to be an adventurer then i took a arrow to the knee.

id love a skyrim online
STO took a PWI to the knee.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Ensign
# 363 Announcement Dilithium Changes
11-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Well, we're still getting our dillithium! And we have new episodes to play! I'm excited whatever the changes!! And we have a great game that is action-packed and suspenseful without bloody/gore violence. Just as long as the game works great, you take our concerns into consideration, and you keep the game as awesome as it is now, and improving every day, I'll always be a player! Thanks Cryptic! I love STO!!! ((PS>>> I just made Commander...)))
Survivor of Romulus
# 364
11-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjaneway11 View Post
Well, we're still getting our dillithium! And we have new episodes to play! I'm excited whatever the changes!! And we have a great game that is action-packed and suspenseful without bloody/gore violence. Just as long as the game works great, you take our concerns into consideration, and you keep the game as awesome as it is now, and improving every day, I'll always be a player! Thanks Cryptic! I love STO!!! ((PS>>> I just made Commander...)))
what new episodes?
Ensign
# 365
11-19-2012, 02:26 AM
The most ironic is that the reputation system actually damage the reputation of STO. When you are in business, Cryptic you are making players not happy and it is very hard to gain back reputation now, players just don't trust you anymore. You might return some dilithium, but last week my fleet lost 14 active friends, they all said they never want to play Star Trek Online anymore and it makes me want to quit now. bye.
Career Officer
# 366
11-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Despite Cryptic's god awful decision with the diliithium changes and reputation system for end game gear, my fleet is still growing strong. I think the only thing with our fleet that keeps us in this game right now is purely the company. We're also running Dilithium events to help people get through stuff like Deferi Daily to hit their cap each day. Now we're running these as groups I'm finding I'm exceeding what I can refine each day, although when I get back to work it'll probably be a different story.

I can't see up and quitting will give the best results. Yeah it may help Cryptic see the light in the long run after they've had to shut down servers, but that means alot of people losing out on playing STO.

The best option IMO is to stick with it and voice our opinions. I find it funny that the Ask Cryptic comes out and I barely see any questions in regards to the recent changes, but you go to the Dev Blog posts and there is tons of feedback.

If the Ask Cryptic was only to get questions about the recent changes and when are they going to fix these horrid changes they have made, they'd have to respond to them and they can't just make up questions if they don't want to answer them (well they could and if they did I'd probably have an even lower opinion of Cryptic). But if we don't say anything when Ask Cryptic comes out, the chances of something being done will be less likely.

Most the fun in this game for me is getting on with my friends and fleet members, getting on Mumble and having a laugh. Although, the recent cost changes to upgrade the DOFF's does still have me annoyed.

Either way.... Never Give Up! Never Surrender! (Galaxy Quest)

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."

Last edited by nierion; 11-19-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Survivor of Remus
# 367
11-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
Either way.... Never Give Up! Never Surrender! (Galaxy Quest)
Well....STO has become a parody of itself,so that quote is quite fitting.
Lieutenant
# 368
11-19-2012, 06:26 AM
I have been reading this thread for a while, and it bothers me on several levels....I have been playing around with season 7 and IT IS NOT A BAD UPDATE. it is not perfect by anymeans, but i have come to expect no game will be 100% perfect.

As for the grind with dilithium...You can meet your 8k limit daily, in about an hour and half in most cases by simply doing the dailies, pvp, deferi sector, the three in the eta eradani system, strange new worlds, and any stfs/fleet actions you want to fill the gap. I agree with the removal of some of the dilithium from somethings. It forces us to experience the game as a whole. So the argument that you can't make your 8k limit without hours of play time is false. You just want to things are they were before. Things Change get used to it.

As for STFs this systems works well for more casual players such as a few of my friends, it helps them obtain endgame stuff without spending 12 hours a day doing stfs. As those drops in the old system where pretty random, this helps everyone upgrade and get the systems they want.

You may bash me for speaking out against the grain, or ACTUALLY LIKING season 7, but there it is.
Commanding Officer USS Intrepid http://ussintrepid.comyr.com
Career Officer
# 369
11-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmackie View Post
You may bash me for speaking out against the grain, or ACTUALLY LIKING season 7, but there it is.
I actually agree with you in regards to earning your Dilithium. Especially alot quicker in groups like I said previously. My issue is purely with the low cap and the amount of dilithium required for all these extras and increase in cost on stuff like DoFF's, I do think if your gonna be doing everything in this game that costs Dilithium (Crafting, Upgrading Doff's and Projects) the cap does need an increase and the amount of dilithium rewarded needs to be increased on a few things or scaled down on Projects (200k Dilithium for a fish tank, DJ? Seriously?).

A reputation system is a sure way to make everyone get what they want, I agree. However they should have left the Old requisition system available still at the change over for anyone that still had the EDCs / Salvages etc or opened the store to people who had EDC's etc that got converted so they didn't lose out on the stuff they had earned. It would have been nice to have known that the Crate wouldn't be available to use till Tier 3.

Aside from the bugs (to be expected) the only thing I was 100% against is the increase in price of upgrading your DoFF's and adding 1000 Dilithium to each recruitment assignment from the Personal Officer. It'd be nice to see the DIL Cap Doubled at least for LTS / Gold and made available for purchase off the C-Store. They've done it for EC Cap and Bank Slots, why not Dilithium? I bet you alot of people who aren't Gold or LTS would purchase it. Then hey look, they've made some more income and at the same time made some players happy.

By Grabthar's hammer, it's a good idea! (IMO) lol

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."

Last edited by nierion; 11-19-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Lieutenant
# 370
11-19-2012, 06:57 AM
I agree with you that there are issues with the dilithium cap, but many of those issues have been going on since Season 6 launched and the large dilithium projects, etc have been released.

The Auto-Refine which gold/lts subscribers are supposed to get has been unreliable for a while. But these issues don't have anything to do with Season 7, or any changes they made. That is what I was speaking out against, is the complaints that it will take all day to get 8k...I understand alot of people play this game only want to play PVP or STFs. I think the point of adjusting how and where you can get dilithium was to get players to expand their horizons into the other aspects of the game.

But over all I agree with you Nierion
Commanding Officer USS Intrepid http://ussintrepid.comyr.com
Closed Thread