Lieutenant
# 21
11-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
Do you come to the official STO forums to discuss various issues regarding the state of PvP? Or are you one of those types of folks who really just enjoy picking on the Devs?

What brings you to these forums?

It's a simple question (and one that doesn't violate any forum rules) regarding the mind set of an admittedly small but, I feel, misrepresented player base. PvPers. Certainly there are things to be frustrated about but do you come here to discuss those things in an attempt to make it better or do you just enjoy bad mouthing people?

I think for the most part we genuinely care about how this game does. While some folks could certainly learn to be more tactful, I find it hard to believe that anyone actually wastes their time here for the sake of bashing the development team.

What about you?
I come to the forums to readup about any changes or to see if people have any questions that I can hopefully help with. With the abundance of PvPers knowing what they're doing, it's difficult to give someone an answer because the little forums junkies like dontdrunk seem to always get in first

I does make me annoyed to see people bashing the devs about the job they're doing, or making 'QQWAHWAH' threads. Recently I was REALLLLY annoyed when all those MWO threads were made, then the people were actually trying to justify why they were doing it...

I'm not gonna lie, I can be a bit of an a$$ on these forums when something I see rubs me the wrong way, and I'm gonna say what I wanna say to that person whether or not it's the general consensus on the issue.

This forum should be about discussing PvP, not gang attacking devs when something doesn't go your way
Captain
# 22
11-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
It's kind of funny. Just in the few responses here from PvPers and nonPvPers there are vastly different reasons. Seems hard to believe that folks are content to paint the entire community as dev bashing trolls that can never be pleased.
This silly impression has stuck, in no small part thanks to (and I don't mean this personally at all Hale) metathreads endlessly discussing the "PvP community".

I'm also not sure why a bunch of PvEers are posting about S7 (?) in here, since there was absolutely nothing concerning PvP introduced in the patch unless you count a certain bug.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 23
11-18-2012, 05:24 PM
What brings me here? I like to see what new is going down, chat with some of my fellow PvPers, help people with their builds and try to convince the devs that power escalation is ruining the game.

Quote:
I guess it takes all kinds to bash players and find joy in other people's unhappiness. And here I thought it was PvPers who had it out for everyone else. Turns out it isn't just one subset bringing the hate. The hate comes from everywhere.
A lot of genre fandom is full of emotionally immature people with a chip on their shoulder sadly, probably lackiing in the basics such as empathy and sympathy. Just look at the over the top nerdrage about ME3's ending. Yes it was rubbish (as a big ME fan I was really annoyed), but the sheer venom and batsh** insanity of rabid fans was way way out of proportion. No wonder the Doctors left Bioware.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai

Last edited by orondis; 11-18-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Captain
# 24
11-18-2012, 05:24 PM
i come to these forums because its where all the familar people are. i also enjoy seeing what "promises" are made to only be later broken.

nothing like a little disapointment to brighten the day is my motto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 25
11-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
Fixed. /10char
Someone's upset and bitter. Struck a little close to home, eh?
Captain
# 26
11-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
Someone's upset and bitter. Struck a little close to home, eh?
Lol it absolutely sounds like someone's bitter, I just doubt it's the guy you're quoting.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 27
11-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Do you come to the official STO forums to discuss various issues regarding the state of PvP? Or are you one of those types of folks who really just enjoy picking on the Devs?

What brings you to these forums?

It's a simple question (and one that doesn't violate any forum rules) regarding the mind set of an admittedly small but, I feel, misrepresented player base. PvPers. Certainly there are things to be frustrated about but do you come here to discuss those things in an attempt to make it better or do you just enjoy bad mouthing people?

I think for the most part we genuinely care about how this game does. While some folks could certainly learn to be more tactful, I find it hard to believe that anyone actually wastes their time here for the sake of bashing the development team.

What about you?
I have no idea why I come to the forums. That's an honest answer. But, I for one, don't ever rage at the Devs. I think they do a fine job. Could be better, but I'm still enjoying the game.
# 28
11-18-2012, 08:59 PM
wait, there are other sto forums other than pvp?

well ****.
Captain
# 29
11-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
wait, there are other sto forums other than pvp?

well ****.
There's more Forum PvP there too...
...even though here gets the bad rap.
Captain
# 30
11-19-2012, 07:55 AM
First off, I'm medicated so this might not be intelligible.

I come here because I ride the coattails of the accomplished min/maxers. I could never have conceived of something like ACT on my own, so I come here to find people capable of writing a plug-in.

I fly what is fun for me, but I also want to be as efficient as possible when I'm playing. I enjoy theory crafting and when I can't play during the day I often toy with builds on paper.

I am not trying to bash Cryptic or the devs with this statement, ok? But information isn't available in-game, or tooltips are wrong if it is. So I come here.

That's why I want to see the greats like Hilbert and other guide authors get some kudos, so they stick around and keep helping the community.

This is the first game I've ever PvP'd in regularly and I still don't consider myself a PvP'er in general. I have given PvP in other games a chance since finding such satisfaction with STO's PvP matches. Not every match, of course, but a well fought PvP match beats an STF with all the opts for me in terms of fun and sense of accomplishment.

I don't think the clock can be turned back on things like lockbox ships or consoles, but I do speak out against things that prevent a sense of accomplishment. Like an ability with no counter or a broken mechanic.

Alright I'm going to the docs, I'll edit this later if I need to because my head is full of wool right now.