Career Officer
# 71
11-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
I would vote to keep Season 7.

Cryptic made some bad moves with it, and I don't think the community is really paying attention to some of the ones that will actually matter.

But they also made some very good moves, and hopefully will do similarly in the future. Furthermore, what would be even worse is doing nothing at all.
What do you feel we're not paying attention to?
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Lieutenant
# 72
11-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Overall I am disappointed in S7. I am accustomed to the marathon, where I can make progress and have a goal in sight, even if it's occasionally slow going. To the marathon has now been added hurdles, fake road signs, flaming pit traps, and ACME-style obstacles, in the form of a proliferation of currencies that must be earned for very little reward, and time sinks associated with that. It feels like Cryptic/PW is afraid we are tearing through the content too rapidly, so let's throw in some roadblocks, and oh yes, don't overlook the chance to make more money off the players. S7 feels shiny but contentless.

Has any fleet actually completed their starbase yet, or even started Tier 5? I'm a little curious.
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?

Last edited by sussethrai; 11-18-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Ensign
# 73
11-18-2012, 11:38 PM
i personally like season7...i like the reputation system(mostly)
the only thing i dont like is that it takes so LONG!!! i was about to get full maco......i farmed with my fleet weeks to get the shield and the deflector...only the engine was left....and now!??!?!?! i have to wait like 2 month to get that one????

stfs are useless noW! they really have to speed that stuff up.....let the project take like 1hour instead of 1day.........i love the most new stuff but that part u really screwed up!
Captain
# 74
11-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b
Rome wasn't built in a day. Give it time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
i been giveing it 3 years time hows that for time?
You cheap git !
Why have you not given it 8 years , or 12 ???
You so laaaaazy ... you expect everything at once !!!
(and yes , I am joking ! )
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Commander
# 75
11-19-2012, 03:43 AM
just revert back the assimilated console from that useless set we have now to the borg set and change whatever you did to the borg, everything else is fine.. oh.. maybe give DS9 a purpose again. no one seems to be there anymore as it doesnt make any sense. The stf vendor was the only reason to actually go there. you put everything in your nice shiny guys but forget, that its not possible to do everything from everywhere. It might be nice for new players who want to level fast but once you are at top level, you are happy about every meter you still have to fly on your own (without transwarp, quantum slipstream and whatever)
What ? Calaway.
Rihannsu
# 76
11-19-2012, 03:54 AM
suppose everybody would be glad if the reputation projects would be finished in an hour and the tier progress project would take 20 hours.

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Captain
# 77
11-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
What do you feel we're not paying attention to?
Off the very top of my head, the DOff system changes.

Everyone is yelling about the STFs, for the most part, and the reputation system. This will likely be ignored or forgotten in about 2 months after some fine-tuning (e.g. hopefully cutting down the timers on the requisition projects at the very least). That the loss of dilithium was the most froth-raging change was a bit of a surprise to me, though in retrospect it shouldn't have been, since it was an extremely visible change, despite the fact that one could chain together Starbase 24 runs and guzzle dil from that.

In the "big picture," we have the DOffs and the spike in dilithium costs to get basic DOff packs and the grinder/compactor. It has become apparent that DOffs are likely to be an integral part of a lot of content as building material (no doubt, Starfleet Academy keeps that bit out of their recruiting brochures), and are a major expense point/choke point for Starbases. It will probably end up being a chokepoint for the embassy system as well. While I realize the need to monetize the game, it seems that this is going to be a point of some particular importance in the long run. Now, this could be a major part of how they plan to keep the game in the black in the future, and I would rather they do this than go broke or get STO in significant financial trouble, but it still seems to be a bit grabby, and much more subtle - and important.

Admittedly I could be wrong about all of this, but that's how it looks to me. If I had not been up for an absurd number of hours just now, I'm sure I could provide a more thorough/insightful answer, but this one has stuck out like a sore thumb since I first heard about it. DOffs are a major part of the in-game economy, and currencies that are linked to real-world money are now even more important to getting them than ever before.

As a note, I am aware of the huge thread on the Tribble board - I posted to it in fact, several times - but it seems to be all but forgotten now.

Last edited by red01999; 11-19-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 78
11-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
a moment of humour:

submitted Ticket #1,424,493. (Vault/shuttle bug)

Currently serving; Ticket 10, thank you for contacting Cryptic/PWE tech support, your tickets are very (un)important to us, please have a complimentary lock-box and this brochure on New Romulus vacations in the Tau Dewa sector...
NICE one
Commander
# 79
11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Kill Season 7.

With fire.
Career Officer
# 80
11-19-2012, 11:52 PM
How far back can I vote for? I say roll back to before F2P!
When the C-store only gave you cosmetic changes and the Devs seemed to give a damn about things other than lockboxes and Doff packs.