Ensign
# 21
11-18-2012, 02:58 PM
I've been enjoying Season 7 a lot! Bugs aside, there is a lot to do, I thought I'd be doing New Romulus missions but curbed that for STFs. Was a bit shocked with the store at Tier 1 as not expecting the amount of marks to get ship items but it makes sense since you get a fair amount. I actually like having a goal I can see, makes the grind worth the time for me.
Captain
# 22
11-18-2012, 03:04 PM
On the plus side, Dilithium is easier to (consistently) earn for Feds willing to run the three Fleet Action dailies (takes about an hour).

On the down side it's tougher to justify compressing DOFFs up a grade now.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-18-2012, 03:16 PM
My Vote goes for bad.

Stf's have been killed by the loss of drops, reduction in dil and the reputation system. I've been logging in and struggling to do anything productive other than change characters and keep up with doffs. Occasionally run the odd stf and then feel like i haven't achieved anything during that run as i see no physical reward i.e loot drops only a time gate that prevents me from advancing for 40 hrs.

There is too much grind and it is going to cause player fatigue.

Star bases, Embassies and reputation system. Its too much. The FUN has been taken out of the game. Yes the mechanics of a stf are the same but the pleasure of getting a proto-tech drop or proto-salvage has gone and now, its a through the motions feeling as there's no buzz to look forward to at the end of the match. Whether it was a good drop or a bad drop.

The reptuation system is a joke i level up to the tier then have to complete another project to open the store then for each item i want i have to run a 40 hr time gated project which requires resources.
So rather than skill, co-ordination, team work and i little luck with the drops in S6 i now have to pay to. pay to. pay to. to pay get an item. Thats my time, project 1 project 2 project 3 and the resources required to fill these projects.

Doff's i would contribute all my whites to fleet projects but i'm hesitate to allow any doffs to go now due to the price increase for them.

PWE you're selling you're model to the wrong market. In the Western World we play our games as a way to relax, de-stress and escape for a moment for the real world. Not logon to work.
Commander
# 24
11-18-2012, 03:16 PM
All they need to do is increase the about of DIL we can refine to 15000 per day and all the gripes will go away. Sure they increased the DIL cost for DOFF upgrades, yes they Increased the cost for starbase upgrades. They made the game more expensive and all you have to do is look at the DIL exchange and see the falling ZEN/DIL prices. I use to play 3 or 4 hours a day VS watching TV at night but now once I start a Omega or Roumlin mission the 1 day 15 hour cool down gives me nothing to do but wait. I find myself only playing 1 hour a day just to get my 8000k DIL then I log off. So decrease the cooldows and increase the abount of DIL we can refine and I can see playing more. Season 7 really, Really hurt this game and soon they will see thier player base and income dropping. Perhaps that will make them open thier eyes and do something.
Captain
# 25
11-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthemaster View Post

The STF's are at the minute broken as they have been buffed to almost God like status. Doable they are but getting optional is no option. Which leads me to think, Whats the point in the optional now, You get your Marks and your loot. And your now returned Dil. But whats optional give you, (ANYONE HELP FILL IN THAT SECTION IS WELCOME)
I still get my optionals in pugs 90% of the time. Clean up your game, they are hardly impossible.
Career Officer
# 26
11-18-2012, 03:38 PM
i am falling less in love with STO now and i have even gone to other games a big step for me since i have only really played this and the first guild wars. First off i hate the STFs how they have been chopped up into little stories there was something nice about doing that massive long quest.
I hate how they seem to move from project to project never looking back and thinking that could do with an improvement, but no its continue forwards even with all the problems we are leaving behind.
I am now diving into the world of SWTOR and i have to say i love it. i like the story line i like the characters they seem real and its a nice fun game
So no as an old time player of this game playing since it came out i dont like where it has gone
Ketan Merious
Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
We want an Odyssey variant give us it
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
11-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Season 7 is horrible.

The runs I did a mere 2 weeks ago will get me NOWHERE this week.
I can't believe they would make so many changes yet leave that 8,000 dilithium refine/day cap.
Not that it makes a difference because to exceed that amount you would need to devote some MAJOR time to grinding.
Throw in Starbase AND Embassy advancement...

SEASON 7 BROKE STAR TREK ONLINE GAMEPLAY

Fix it or I will never spend my REAL cash on this game again.
Captain
# 28
11-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
Season 7 is horrible.

The runs I did a mere 2 weeks ago will get me NOWHERE this week.
I can't believe they would make so many changes yet leave that 8,000 dilithium refine/day cap.
Not that it makes a difference because to exceed that amount you would need to devote some MAJOR time to grinding.
Throw in Starbase AND Embassy advancement...

SEASON 7 BROKE STAR TREK ONLINE GAMEPLAY

Fix it or I will never spend my REAL cash on this game again.
Sigh... You can get you 8k limit *faster* now if you run Fleet Actions alongside their daily 1440 dil wrapper mission. Three wrapper missions, three Fleet Actions, one hour.
Rihannsu
# 29
11-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Season 7 is....

shameful, nasty, terrible, repulsive, disagreeable, scary, appalling, awful, cruel, disgusting, dreadful, execrable, loathsome, fearful, frightful, grim, hideous, mean, obnoxious, offensive, repellent, scandalous, abominable, shocking, terrifying, unkind....

You can not take resource away from people and then rise the prices of everything and expect everyone to be OK with it. Saw the MACO XII prices and it makes me sick.
Career Officer
# 30
11-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Someone above mentioned player fatigue, this is exactly how I feel post-S7, I feel like I'm doing work, like going to a job, instead of having fun in a game like I use to. S7 has lessened the enjoyment and need to play STFs, especially the harder ones, there isn't any benefit or reason to anymore. They've removed gameplay for me by doing this, since all I use to do was play all the STFs cause there isn't anything else to do at endgame. Now, there still isn't. All I have to do is setup projects in the rep system and log off for 2 days while they do their magic, I don't even need to log into the game but 3 times a week now to get projects going.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us