Career Officer
Making the Bridge layout and the MSD for the Regent and hope you could share her Dimenions.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-16-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Making the Bridge layout and the MSD for the Regent and hope you could share her Dimenions.
I figure it would be the same as a Sovvy, meaning the Diplomat series bridges or the Sovereign pack on the C-Store.
Career Officer
# 3
11-16-2012, 11:27 PM
No, the Regent is longer than the Sovereign. And I have to double check the model, but I think it has one or two extra decks on the Sovereign. Just need those dimensions for the MSD to make it accurate.

As for the bridges, people want new bridges. Especially since the older Cryptic ones just don't look good. Especially since they are football fields. And since the Regent is based off my Frontier DTNE Entry, I thought I pitch an idea for a new bridge set. In a way, like the Regent, its like a transition from Sovereign to Odyssey.

Think people would like it.
Captain
# 4
11-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
No, the Regent is longer than the Sovereign. And I have to double check the model, but I think it has one or two extra decks on the Sovereign. Just need those dimensions for the MSD to make it accurate.
I doubt that would have much impact on the size of the bridge.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 5
11-17-2012, 06:44 PM
I used some very (non-)scientific methods to deduce the Regent specs.

You can see the sizes and how I worked it out here:

http://www.lcarsc.com/showthread.php...ll=1#post10465

The pictures used in the comparison were taken in the Ship Store 3d model window... taken at the same zoom level.

The numbers given are rough, and the decks use an assumed 3 meter deck height.

Over all the Regent is actually not much longer than the Sovereign because of the forward swept pylons. The Engineering Hull is significantly longer however.
Career Officer
# 6
11-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I doubt that would have much impact on the size of the bridge.
Actually I could deduce the bridge size based on the exterior model, but I'm not going 100% accurate. The dimensions is for the MSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
I used some very (non-)scientific methods to
deduce the Regent specs.

You can see the sizes and how I worked it out here:

http://www.lcarsc.com/showthread.php...ll=1#post10465

The pictures used in the comparison were taken in the Ship Store 3d model window... taken at the same zoom level.

The numbers given are rough, and the decks use an assumed 3 meter deck height.

Over all the Regent is actually not much longer than the Sovereign because of the forward swept pylons. The Engineering Hull is significantly longer however.
I don't trust those measurements, that method is guessing. I'm estimating the Regent is 700 meters in length. But thats a rough estimate.

Based off my Frontier Entry the Regent could have around 30 decks. (Window's aren't accurate in STO due to the modeling involved.)

So with an accurate length, I can confirm the scaling and make a 100% accurate MSD.
Captain
# 7
11-21-2012, 02:02 AM
Quote:
I don't trust those measurements, that method is guessing. I'm estimating the Regent is 700 meters in length. But thats a rough estimate.

Based off my Frontier Entry the Regent could have around 30 decks. (Window's aren't accurate in STO due to the modeling involved.)

So with an accurate length, I can confirm the scaling and make a 100% accurate MSD.
Well... the Regent will never have 30 decks. Its shorter and flatter than the Sovereign.

The thing about the ship store window's 3d model is the camera doesnt act differently depending on which ship skin you select... meaning if you select the Sovereign and a certain zoom level and then change the skin to the Regent (or either of the others) the zoom will not change. Makes it pretty easy to scale the Regent based ont he known dimensions of the Post-Nemesis Sovereign-class.

I honestly dont know why you're bringing up your Frontier-class. It has no bearing on the Regent's scale... you ship is nearly 315 meters longer, 160 meters wider, and 15.75 meters taller. (For the record the gives your ship 34 3-meter high decks + a bit of extra dead space). The ship is much larger than the Regent and the Sovereign on which the Regent is based and is a bad reference for any scaling guesstimations.
Captain
# 8
11-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
The thing about the ship store window's 3d model is the camera doesnt act differently depending on which ship skin you select... meaning if you select the Sovereign and a certain zoom level and then change the skin to the Regent (or either of the others) the zoom will not change. Makes it pretty easy to scale the Regent based ont he known dimensions of the Post-Nemesis Sovereign-class.
Using the shipyard customisation window is better.
And the STO Sovereign is the FC version not the Nemesis or post Nemesis one.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
# 9
11-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Using the shipyard customisation window is better.
And the STO Sovereign is the FC version not the Nemesis or post Nemesis one.
I could use the shipyard customization... but it wouldn't matter... the ship shop works. It can be resized larger, allows for quick swapping between ship skins and doesn't mess with the camera. The ships stay in the same position and are kept at the same zoom. The ship doesnt need to be huge... just big enough to see the difference in size between them. And the ship store suits that perfectly. Plus theres a bit of a grid int he background that allows you to line the images up exactly so the differences in size can be compared.

Considering Nemesis took place in 2379 and the current year in STO is 2409/2410 its a much safer bet the assume that the Sovereign depicted in the game is the Nemesis/Post-Nemesis Sovereign and not the Sovereign-class circa 2373.
Captain
# 10
11-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Considering Nemesis took place in 2379 and the current year in STO is 2409/2410 its a much safer bet the assume that the Sovereign depicted in the game is the Nemesis/Post-Nemesis Sovereign and not the Sovereign-class circa 2373.
A game that has front line Constitution classes.

The refit has a few details not on the the ingame one, most notably the dividing line thing on the engineering hull, and the pylons extending much further forward.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.