Captain
# 11
11-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
The main change I see are on the forums. We switched to "season 6 is shi*" to "season 7 is shi*
Really ?
You don't see the changes ?
Tell me sir , are you tone deaf by any chance ?
And don't jump to conclusions now , as I'm not talking about volume here .

See , the volume may be the same (I disagree on that as well BTW , as there was much anticipation & enthusiasm for Fleets to actually do stuff together by building Starbases) -- but the tone ... the nuances are definitely different !

Don't look at how many are complaining .
Look at who is complaining .
Look at who is still bothering to complain .
And look for those who no longer bother to ... well ... anything .

If the nuances escape you that badly Mr. History teacher , then you might as well say that WWI and WWII were the same thing and led to the same results basically because the Germans were involved .

Quote:
Let's wait for season 8!
But do I wait here or in a Galaxy far-far away ?
And if I leave with a bad taste in my mouth ... will I ever bother to come back ?

The sad thing is that some ppl here are glad that long time players & supporters are now struggling with these questions .
Funny thing is , most of them were not here to fight for the Excelsior ... when Gecko thought to split up it's Transwarp powers , nor where they hear to fight the abominable Emblem conversion rates , or many many other "fights" that had to be had , not because they did my health any good , but because they benefitted the community (and by benefiting the community they also benefited Cryptic -- because the community stayed and payed and did not go off to a Galaxy far-far away) .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-18-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Commander
# 12
11-18-2012, 10:37 AM
The real difference between the two seasons for many of us is that there are serious video problems with season 7 - even crashing many of our computers.
Career Officer
# 13
11-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
You've been mistaken, you should really try it by yourself instead of reading the constant whinning on the forums. You can fill your project whenever you want. The timer to completion is rather long but it's made to make the requirements low. Season 7 is build for casual play, and most of the people complaining here are hardcore players. They can complain about it because they quickly have nothing to do after 1h of play (like myself).
I stand corrected then, however I'm not putting more resources into these projects, or STO in general until the Doff System Dilithium issue has been sorted. I will not pay the prices they are asking out of it.