Career Officer
# 11
11-19-2012, 05:22 AM
I've just stopped playing on harder difficulty all together. After playing on it for the last year and now season 7, I just don't even bother with it.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Commander
# 12
11-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Just curious, Does the Mk X and Mk XI stuff cost BNP? It really shouldn't if it does. Only the Mk XII gear should require elites.
current prices as of 11/7 according to borticus
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=135
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
11-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
I've played Infected elites all weekend, for about 7 times. Each time I flew into a half-dead half abandoned (3 players) instance, and had to abandon it.

The fail seems to have increased, or at least my luck seems to have gone to ****. Anyone else finding this?
The BEST game I've had was Infected Space with 2 other random guys.
That was EPIC.

Anyway, Cure Space seems to be a n00b magnet as guarding the Kang appears to be an easy task.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-19-2012, 05:41 AM
I went back to Scotland for the weekend to visit my mum. I'm back now.

I'll check with you first next time o7

But echoing some of the other posts, STF's have now become a proper chore. If they hadn't put back the 960 dilithium and nerfed the fleet actions, I'd not do them until I was short of OM's.

Pre S7, I had 4 characters flying STF's and was considering building up a Klingon character for them too. Now with s7, i'm seriously considering dropping back to 2 character. The mutiple grinds for the rep systems are not my idea of fun.
Commander
# 15
11-19-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
I simply don't get anything worthwhile from the STFs anymore, I'm only doing one or two a day now. Before, I'd have done 10 - 12 in a day if I had the time. I think that's the case for most of the 'die hard' STF players.
No loot, no optional drops - I play STFs only when I run out of Omega marks, and even then its just ISE once or twice.

There is no fun in them anymore, so why should I bother?
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Career Officer
# 16
11-19-2012, 05:59 AM
iPlayed one STF.

Quit.

What's the point, it depressed me. I felt so.........well, it felt like I was painting a white wall, white.

K, some may like it, but I just couldn't see any point what so ever to do them. Even the Romulan missions I have left untouched. Just all I see is pointless grinding.

I like grinding, but only when there's something worth grinding for.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Captain
# 17
11-19-2012, 07:29 AM
I used to enjoy Infected because no matter how stupid everyone else was I alone could just hard-dps the 4 generators and transformer before any spheres arrive. After that if we still win the optional its epic, if not, hey, at least we finish and I get my 2 EDC.

Now I'm logging into a fight with the spheres already ON the transformer, and I haven't managed to peel them off yet long enough to tear the transformer apart before the next batch arrive.

I've tried joining the EliteSTF channel, but its private! Could someone invite me? I'm Towpok@meisterbabylon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-19-2012, 07:46 AM
I've had the opposite experience. Ran ISE about 5 times this weekend while waiting on the PvP queues to liven up. Completed with optional all 5 times.
Career Officer
# 19 sto fun removed
11-19-2012, 08:23 AM
before season 7 you got imediate reward not always what you wanted but somthing. the anticapation was part of the joy. now is just grind and wait and wait. and hell yes we want the gear what is point of grinding months to get the gear you needed for the grind thats over?????? you are in a shrinking minority if you think this is grand and wonderfull. the f2p peps leaving in droves and revinues have to be suffering. eather they shot themselves in the foot or they actualy want to kill the game. if the first a major rethink and revamp needed bad.
Empire Veteran
# 20
11-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Many people are coming back for season 7. The problem is that they already have lvl 50 characters but have no idea on how to play the game. We had the same issue shortly after season 6,in 2 or 3 weeks it should be fine.