Career Officer
# 11
11-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Because it's anti-intuitive not giving you any kind of diplomatic status as you'd expect and some even do the grind expecting

And this here kid feels ripped off over it, rightfully
thats still a hell of a lot better than getting.... *drumroll*.... NOTHING AT ALL.
Joined August 2008
Career Officer
# 12
11-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Just an FYI, Officer Mertaugh/Danny Glover can revoke your diplomatic immunity.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
It's the only category of the doff system that offers ANYTHING for reaching the end. Leave diplomacy alone, they should be working on giving us something for the other categories.
Although it would be nice if rank 4 diplomacy gave my character a permanent DI buff, I would also rather see the other commendation categories get some perks.

Last edited by evendzhar; 11-19-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
11-19-2012, 07:38 AM
I send Boffs on Diplomatic missions all the time, so that I can earn Fleet Credits for fleet gear, and theirs enough Diplomatic missions out there you can re-earn enough Diplo exp to get back to max quickly, and start over getting more Fleet Credits.
Commander
# 15
11-19-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evendzhar View Post
In my opinion the only worthwhile perk you get from diplomacy is the ability to transwarp to DS9 at rank 4.
^ this in of itself is a problem, Diplomatic Immunity is not something you can get in a few short days, because of how some of the Diplomacy Missions are designed the take 20hours to complete. So for a number of reasons, Diplomatic Immunity ought to be useable on yourself so you can give yourself the speed buff when you need it so you dont have to potentially waste time waiting on someone to give it to you, same goes for Raiding Party.
Commander
# 16
11-19-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Just an FYI, Officer Mertaugh/Danny Glover can revoke your diplomatic immunity.
Umm....what?
Captain
# 17
11-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
thats still a hell of a lot better than getting.... *drumroll*.... NOTHING AT ALL.
It's also better to eat rotten food than to starve.. *high hat*...
Career Officer
# 18
11-19-2012, 07:45 AM
I believe most fleets use diplomatic immunity to speed up lower level fleet members when they are helping them through missions. Although we at high levels have super quick engines and transwarp, folks at the bottom drive ships being towed by snails.

This is always the reason why I normally do a 'fly-by' granting in sirius sector on any newbies who happen to be nearby.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-19-2012, 07:51 AM
I was happy to grind to full diplomat rank just for the Formal Dress uniform. Although, that was before the DoFF system, when the max rank was much easier to reach..
Commander
# 20
11-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
I believe most fleets use diplomatic immunity to speed up lower level fleet members when they are helping them through missions. Although we at high levels have super quick engines and transwarp, folks at the bottom drive ships being towed by snails.

This is always the reason why I normally do a 'fly-by' granting in sirius sector on any newbies who happen to be nearby.
And while that in of itself is a great thing that you do and not to mention a nice thing, we should be able to speed up our own sector space speed without having to wait on someone else to do that for us. I was sitting at the edge of one sector block when I saw someone asking in the zone chat of that sector for a Diplomatic Immunity and Raiding Party buff, and they were asking for the buffs for at least 2+mins before they finally got their buffs. That is 2+mins of that persons time used up having to wait when they could have buffed themselves if they were at least rank 3 of Diplomacy.

I do not think its to much to ask of Cryptic/PWE to give people who are rank 3 of Diplomacy the ability to speed themselves up with their own Diplomatic Immunity/Raiding Party Buff for such a situation as the one mentioned above. We can still grant it, but would likely be using it on players who likely do not have the buff at all yet, like new players or people who just havent reached Diplomacy rank 3. So its still being sociable, friendly and helpful. This really isnt to much to ask for.