Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 21
11-19-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post
Umm....what?
Get with your pop culture references, son!!!

Immunity Revoked
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 255
# 22
11-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
thats still a hell of a lot better than getting.... *drumroll*.... NOTHING AT ALL.
Oh sure, we coulda got nothing so it's okay that we don't get the buff. Right.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

So like, it's better than nothing, and it's better to not give ambassadors their speed buff that's probably the best possible reward you could ever get from cxp and instead they should work on giving you buffs on other stuff first just to make them useful. Because somehow working on DI to be a passive ability will mean other commendations will never be given anything.



WHAT



Bottom line they just don't feel like dealing with it. They aren't against it, they just don't feel like doing it since it's totally for free and chances are high that you'll get DI from another player at some point on more than one occasion. But it's still stupid that I am an ambassador and I can grant a buff that I don't naturally possess. I guess I just call upon the netherworld of the force to deliver the supernatural speed boost part of DI to someone.

But don't worry, I'm sure they are knee deep in a master plan to monetize DOFFing even further by turning it into projects and at the end of the rainbow we'll have all these neat rewards but for a ****million dilithium.

Last edited by bluegeek; 11-19-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,856
# 23
11-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
To be fair, the boost it gives you is negligible. Really the only time I ever want someone to use it on me is when I'm doing the Tour the Universe mission so I can cut a whole minute (yeah, that's how little difference it makes) off of each trip. Other than that, it's not a big deal.
It's a difference of Warp 23 and Warp 31+ for me.

Since going to Transwarp (Warp 10 to Warp 23) should double my speed, this effectively triples it.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,228
# 24
11-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Not much of a Diplomat if all you care about is yourself. I give DI to random strangers as I go past them. I sometimes get it in return from random strangers also. The buff isn't that big of a deal.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 430
# 25
11-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
Oh sure, we coulda got nothing so it's okay that we don't get the buff. Right.
I was talking about all the other doff categories.

Why in the hell are you all so bloody happy that we get sweet FA in the other categories but feel the need to complain about this? why isn't there an outcry that we're not getting a single ******ned thing in the other categories?
Joined August 2008
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,469
# 26
11-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Another way to look at it is as a Diplomat you are granting Diplomatic Immunity.

Although I do agree that DI could have been a self-only buff, for whatever reason it is not.

My concern with this topic is that an idea was posited that the buff should be acquired within DAYS. Also that Cryptic doesn't want to deal with it. Both are crazy false in my opinion. In an MMO I fully expect to work and wait for something the character does not have to start with. And based on the wish lists posters put on the message baord for the Devs to fix, this (in my opinion) is utterly mnor compared to what could be fixed or added (like the cost of DOff reassignment?).

For my part, add some rewards in the other commendations before reworking Diplomacy. For example, under Development Commendation the top rank would allow the owner to craft items at a 50% discount on required quantity of items to make the thing. Getting a Puple DOff is neat, but that's a lot ... A LOT of work for that one dude.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,497
# 27
11-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
I was talking about all the other doff categories.

Why in the hell are you all so bloody happy that we get sweet FA in the other categories but feel the need to complain about this? why isn't there an outcry that we're not getting a single ******ned thing in the other categories?
I too happily zap people with DI at random.

Actually, some of the other commendation categories also have rewards. But they're less highly sought after.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,139
# 28
11-19-2012, 08:52 AM
lol

Well your example is sort of defeated by your own argument..

Let's not waste time on useless changes? Then you talk about reducing prices on crafting, gg

Would it not be a helluva lot smarter to add some useful crafting to begin with?

But the premise itself I disagree with too; it's totally invalid to say something shouldn't be changed because there is other stuff that's wrong.

But just for the record, the reason the diplomacy part is so popular is obviously because it's the most star trek themed and has missions tied into it.
People want to actively call themselves diplomats yet diplomatic immunity is excessively crazily set up so you earn no diplomacy.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,417
# 29
11-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
It's a difference of Warp 23 and Warp 31+ for me.

Since going to Transwarp (Warp 10 to Warp 23) should double my speed, this effectively triples it.
I use subtranswarp engines and with DI I only get a 4.2 increase to warp speed. Either way, as I've stated, doing the tour the universe event where you have to travel all around space, it only ever saves me a minute to two minutes out of the 13-15 mins it takes to do a full tour with the subtrans engines and slipstream abilities. Not really something that I'm going to scream at them for, considering how many bigger issues there are that need addressed.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
Click for Stats
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 459
# 30
11-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
It's a difference of Warp 23 and Warp 31+ for me.

Since going to Transwarp (Warp 10 to Warp 23) should double my speed, this effectively triples it.
Thank you :3
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:02 PM.