Ensign
# 1 how u spend ur 40hr wait?
11-19-2012, 07:27 AM
From playing 6-10hours a daily on sto, after season 7, i just dont find myself wanting to log on as much, yes ill still play sto, make enough rom/omega marks for the week, sell some stuff on market, and yep, log off.. its not that i dont like s7, but from a person who grinded stfs like mad and did some pvp on the side, i found s7 took away from things i enjoyed.

So now with the rep system and the 40 hour or so wait time till i can really do anything important, because like most hardcore members, news of s7 coming, i shocked up on dilth/ec before it came out..

now with alllll this free time i went looking for a new game to keep be busy till my wait times are over on sto... and came across a forum post on my fleet site, about how some of our fleet members are spending their extra time away from sto, playing a classic 10 yr old game..

so ya, if ya didn't hear battlefield 1942 went free2play... come join us, on moonbay servers

classic maps, classic weapons
Career Officer
# 2
11-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Part of my time I spend grinding dilithium to save up for a Vesta 3-pack.

But most of it I spend playing other games.
Captain
# 3
11-19-2012, 12:58 PM
STWO = Star Trek Wait Online .We can all sit in afk emote position on new romulus and wait ...and wait .....and wait ....and wait .Of course we can use our boffs to troll other people who are not yet wise enough to wait
Career Officer
# 4
11-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Well I do enjoy having compelling reasons to run other content now, namely fleet actions, but mostly, I'm missing my access to foundry content during periods where I don't want to get dilithium, doff, fleet or hang out. Hope it comes back soon.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Captain
# 5
11-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I feel ya! I don't play near as much as I used to. I log in, do what I have to do to get what I need for the rep system and log off. I then go play Assassins Creed 3 or something and come back later to rinse and repeat.

Oh and, I do this for a total or 8 toons and might do the Lore Daily for 480 dil on them all while I'm at it. I might put some stuff on the exchange and see what I have that my Fleet Starbase needs... But that's about it. Most of the fun in STO is starting to die out due to it just becoming more and more of a grind-fest!

Sorry but, that's what it's becoming more and more as these seasons/updates get released, a "Grind-fest", and that's just not enjoyable anymore.

I only do what I need to do in order to keep on top of things and hope that someday in the not too far off future that things will change and the game will become fun again with further season updates. I won't hold my breath on that though as I can't see it happening anytime soon. What I can see for the future though, is me leaving STO eventually! And that's a sad thing to foresee!

I'm a hardcore Trekkie and love the franchise, but STO is becoming less and less Trek in my mind. Trek is meant to be "Fun", STO is not that any longer... Sorry!
Career Officer
# 6
11-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I find myself staggering out my alternate toons so while I wait for the Reputation projects to finish on one toon, I go play the other.

Oddly enough, this system has me spending larger chunks of quality time with each particular toon, instead of a few minutes of time with all of my toons in one sitting.
Member since November 2009... I think.
(UFP) Ragnarök Fleet - Logistics Division Vice Admiral T'Phira; Captain Selena; Captain Altecha; Captain K'Kera; Lieutenant Aydihe Tefx; Subcommander S'ena
(KDF) Lieutenant General Vokno (aka Lady Vokno); Lieutenant General Raylene
Ensign
# 7
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I play STF and get the Borg Neural Processors and also that 960 Dilithium. I really hope STO does not become like Diablo I really dont like that game.

STO made me watch Star Trek and turned me heavily into a Trekki.
Career Officer
# 8
11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by altechachan View Post
I find myself staggering out my alternate toons so while I wait for the Reputation projects to finish on one toon, I go play the other.

Oddly enough, this system has me spending larger chunks of quality time with each particular toon, instead of a few minutes of time with all of my toons in one sitting.
This. I have found myself "playing" my alts. Unstead of feeling guilty that I'm just "farming" them.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Rihannsu
# 9
11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
I find my self doing dailies like the Defera missions and such.

Been months since I done those...
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Lieutenant
# 10
11-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Quite simply I'm not on as much. I feel like this new season is more work for less rewards I also feel burned out. 5 man fleet to tier three means much of my time was spent grinding . Now I log one just to do the romulan personal rep as I already had both mk xii sets so I dont care about Omega at all. Also, I tried makinga new charecter but it just feels boring and tedious and to what end? Sigh... feels like the content drought all over again only this time there is new content just cost so much I don't want to do it..