Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,953
# 31
11-19-2012, 08:50 AM
My point of T4 in Diplomacy/Marauding is access to Leonis/Sirius sectors when you are usually not allowed to enter, that gives access to the Clusters there and that means Defari Doctor(s) for the KDF and at least 4 Blue DOFFs for Feds.

Now you can whine about not being able to use the power on yourself but if you do Cryptic will either do 2 things.

REMOVE the Coil bonus since the duration is more that enough for anyone to get there or allow you to use it on yourself ... and nerf the crap out of it, like a 10 minute duration with a 20 hours cooldown.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,334
# 32
11-19-2012, 09:01 AM
Don't know what to say other than true, it's possible, look at what complaining over stf got us

But from down there shouldn't be anywhere to go but up sure enough never say never though
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,614
# 33 Thread Merge
11-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Due to duplicate threads being created for the same topic, the threads have now been merged.

Please remember that cross-posting or otherwise duplicating active threads (posted to within the last 30 days) is not allowed by the Forum Rules.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,039
# 34
11-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
I use subtranswarp engines and with DI I only get a 4.2 increase to warp speed. Either way, as I've stated, doing the tour the universe event where you have to travel all around space, it only ever saves me a minute to two minutes out of the 13-15 mins it takes to do a full tour with the subtrans engines and slipstream abilities.
That's because the Driver Coil skill (like all skills) has diminishing returns, and you already have it increased. I have it at 0 while using the Aegis set, so the +25 from DI effectively increases my speed by 100% while in Transwarp.

Regardless, it's highly counter-intuitive to become a Diplomat and not have the Diplomatic Immunity buff. I originally thought it was a bug, and worried that I couldn't get into OL.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 73
# 35
11-19-2012, 06:39 PM
I truly don't see a problem with this. I grant DI almost everywhere I go. I pop out of a system I am granting it to someone especially if they are actually online and moving their ship.

As far as the Tour, I have never asked for DI or RP. I usually just show up at Wolf 359 and get both with no problem. I also hang around and give it and continue giving it throughout the tour. I always THANK those that do give it, because in essence they don't have to.

I think I have ran 1 tour without DI or RP because i showed up late and it was an off hour. Plus like i said I usually don't ask. I imagine if I did someone would have granted it to me. Most players out there are willing to help.

I did mention an idea in another thread about maybe a 5th tier "Career Ambassador" that allows you to keep the DI on yourself and grant it to others.

I guess as another option they could put a set amount of players you have to grant it to before you can give it to yourself. I assume that would make more people grant it to others, but I just don't see that being a problem in the game yet. If you have problems getting DI you are doing something terribly wrong.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 379
# 36
11-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
My point of T4 in Diplomacy/Marauding is access to Leonis/Sirius sectors when you are usually not allowed to enter, that gives access to the Clusters there and that means Defari Doctor(s) for the KDF and at least 4 Blue DOFFs for Feds.

Now you can whine about not being able to use the power on yourself but if you do Cryptic will either do 2 things.

REMOVE the Coil bonus since the duration is more that enough for anyone to get there or allow you to use it on yourself ... and nerf the crap out of it, like a 10 minute duration with a 20 hours cooldown.
.....Are you kidding me? Why the heck would they do this? What would be the point in nerfing it or removing the coil bonus? Why is it so bad to be able to use it on yourself while still being able to use it on someone else? Nerfing it just because you can get the speed buff on yourself makes no sense simply because people can still get it on themselves when someone else uses the buff on them, what I am purposing here is being able to buff yourself so you dont have to potentially wait on someone else which can sometimes be a wait and its unfair of Cryptic/PWE to ask that of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw74 View Post
If you have problems getting DI you are doing something terribly wrong.
"If you have problems getting DI you are doing something terribly wrong". Are you that thick? How is it the fault of anyone when its taking them awhile to get buffed with the Diplomatic Immunity or Raiding Party buff? Ill answer that, its not their fault, its because people are either not paying attention to the zone chat or they just dont care. So dont go telling me or other people they are doing something wrong when they are not getting buffed....
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 379
# 37
11-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Because it's anti-intuitive not giving you any kind of diplomatic status as you'd expect and some even do the grind expecting

And this here kid feels ripped off over it, rightfully
Thank you :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooldork View Post
yeah i have to say i agree you should be able to grant the di to yourself. i am one of those completely unsociable solo players and it does suck to have to rely on others to grant you di. actually i don't even worry about it any more, i'm fine doing the tour without it. yeah i might end up with a little less ec, but hey, it's just a game.
Thank you :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Not much of a Diplomat if all you care about is yourself. I give DI to random strangers as I go past them. I sometimes get it in return from random strangers also. The buff isn't that big of a deal.
.....I find it funny that you think this is an act of selfishness. I have even clearly stated that the buff would still be used on other people, what people you might ask, I'll lay down the examples for you

1) Low level players who'd like a speed boost.

2) Upper level players who are not rank 3+ in Diplomacy yet.

There are ALWAYS going to be people wanting the speed boost, so while being able to speed yourself up, you can still also grant it to other people to help make their lives a bit easier. This is not an act of selfishness at all, this is an act to help everyone, both those who have reached rank 3 of Diplomacy and those who have yet to. So if you would dare call this a selfish act, then you do not know what selfish really is.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 379
# 38
11-20-2012, 06:06 PM
Just simply posting to keep this thread alive.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 379
# 39
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
This thread is here simply to get people to understand that nothing bad will or should come of this. Even if people can give themselves the speed but they can still give it to other people who are not yet rank 3 of Diplomacy, I mean take myself for example, I went through the game all the way to lvl 50 and didnt bother with Diplomacy till after I hit or was very close to lvl 50 and there will be plenty of other people like that.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 73
# 40
11-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeaja View Post


"If you have problems getting DI you are doing something terribly wrong". Are you that thick? How is it the fault of anyone when its taking them awhile to get buffed with the Diplomatic Immunity or Raiding Party buff? Ill answer that, its not their fault, its because people are either not paying attention to the zone chat or they just dont care. So dont go telling me or other people they are doing something wrong when they are not getting buffed....
Well with that attitude I can see why nobody wants to give it to you. It is there if you want it at wolf 359. I have NEVER had a player say they will not give it to me. I have actually seen players ask "Where are you? I will come to you so I can give it to you"

Do I see people asking for it around the "tour" Yes and it is the same exact players that refuse to go to Wolf 359 and get it. If you are not going to help yourself then why should anyone go out of their way to help you. SO YES you are at fault if you don't have DI for the tour - it is readily given at Wolf 359 30 minutes before the tour. If you are late and don't make it there or refuse to go there then that is your problem, not anyone elses.
I give it to players that I can see while I am on the tour so I do help some if them that don't go to Wolf 359


If you need it for another reason I am almost sure if you say in chat that you need it someone will give it to you. Like I said there are tons of players always online to help.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 AM.