Career Officer
# 41
11-18-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm just curious to see if anyone noticed anything different regarding Hive Space or even the Ground today (Sunday).

A few days ago, me and my fleetmates tried both STFs for the first time under Normal on our Fed side just to get the feel . We found it quite difficult even at normal level, but left it at that. Today, we tried it on the KDF side and its way easier.

One would think...maybe our KDF characters are simply better equipped to handle, but we did notice the V'Gers ain't spewing that many plasma balls and regen probes. So we were able to finish the STF fairly easily. The Ground one was still tricky in the end, but we got it eventually.

We'll do more practice runs before going to Elite but I'm thinking that perhaps the Hive is being tweaked at the server side, so perhaps there is some kind of adjustment.

Any feedback or update would be greatly appreciated.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91865899000&type=sigpic&dateline=13413  71862
Captain
# 42
11-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queetz View Post
I'm just curious to see if anyone noticed anything different regarding Hive Space or even the Ground today (Sunday).

A few days ago, me and my fleetmates tried both STFs for the first time under Normal on our Fed side just to get the feel . We found it quite difficult even at normal level, but left it at that. Today, we tried it on the KDF side and its way easier.

One would think...maybe our KDF characters are simply better equipped to handle, but we did notice the V'Gers ain't spewing that many plasma balls and regen probes. So we were able to finish the STF fairly easily. The Ground one was still tricky in the end, but we got it eventually.

We'll do more practice runs before going to Elite but I'm thinking that perhaps the Hive is being tweaked at the server side, so perhaps there is some kind of adjustment.

Any feedback or update would be greatly appreciated.
did seem to be neutered today, I guess the whiners won the argument.
Lt. Commander
# 43
11-19-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
did seem to be neutered today, I guess the whiners won the argument.
whut? so fast? without a patch? or even maintenance downtime? during weekend? Doesn't sound plausible...

Maybe there is a random element to this? (I've often wondered why the STFs seem easier or harder some days, but have usually blamed it on perception/human error...)
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
11-19-2012, 09:12 AM
No nerf needed! It's "elite" for a reason, and I quite enjoy the challenge (finally!). There is infected space elite for those who find it too hard
---
"We are the Borg. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."
Sincerely,
The Cube Assimilating Your Ship Right Now
Ensign
# 45
11-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewzz View Post
Yea it may need a tweak i think, mind you i wouldnt worry too much as STF's will become pretty empty once players realise you dont ever need to do them etc.
If you want to go up in the Omega Reputation System, players will want to do them. Its said but true sooner or later they will be empty.
Captain
# 46
11-19-2012, 10:03 AM
A lot of help and ideas have been posted and the mission just really isn't all that difficult if you have a good ship and you use your head a little. I imagine with proper team coordination and a mission-specific spec (full kinetic resists, Aux2Damp, double up on hazards) it'd be even more of a cakewalk.

Kinda crazy how fast people run for the nerf hammer.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Commander
# 47
11-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killjack0 View Post
I absolutely agree she needs a nerf even in the normal difficulty, there is no way that this mission is capable of being completed in 25min.

I would like to make reference and modify a quote from Monty Python. "Nerf the witch!"
hahahahaha. Sorry but getting optional in Hive Space Normal is a joke xD

But Elite is evil xD

Please don't nerf it devs. We need a challenge in STO. Don't listen to the stupid ones (noobs), casual players and the new ones (newbs).

ONE challenge. Please leave ONE challenge in the game :-)

Career Officer
# 48
11-19-2012, 10:21 AM
I avoid this mission like the plague.

Horribly done, IMO.
Captain
# 49
11-19-2012, 10:30 AM
I find it funny that they made it the way it is
we have been crying about oneshot criticals, and now we have two big ships that will oneshot you in normal (not to mention the big group that can kill you by looking at you in elite)

the only good thing about it, is it needing a bit less dps (or rather more of other abilities) as in you need to survive for the optional (second)
Rihannsu
# 50
11-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Pugable, enjoyable, just leave it be, please without private queues, this is more fun or challenging then most PvP matches.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013