Captain
# 11
11-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
I would fully expect we get STFs pre-s7 back and do away with the retarded omega rep, put drops in the borg store for EDC to guarantee us our drops, and go from there.
The optimist of the group

I wish I had your outlook on life, I am sure you are going to live at least 25 years longer than the rest of us

I was about to smash my keyboard the other night when I popped in a borg mark project instead of a leveling one and had to go on stf to re-unlock the leveling but other than that I am sort of coping.
I certainly don't expect them to revert anything, they are committed now and would be an even bigger failure to re-call.

Besides I think there is enough love for star trek to live with practically anything. Sure the numbers might not be as big as they could be but the die hard fans are staying till the servers go dark.
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Well all, don't forget that the Embassy will have kit varients, but having needed drops might also put us right back where we were before if they are ridiculous, 1% or less chance drops.

Now if these new kits were tradable...that would help a lot.

Captain
# 13
11-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
Of course kits are an idea which can be exploited to make people play , but there are many other things to offer as reward.THing is I dont think they want to offer any rewards.On tribble the next update changelog says they will add some loot (probably they noticed that people dont like to get nothing ...which should be known by every game designer) ,but the loot /reward system needs to be rethinked and remade more than missions.

I love the new Mine Trap anf ground stfs,but after I play them I realize that I get nothing (reputation is not something).I like those ground stfs but after you play them few times and get nothing gets annoying .Add some drops for ec ,or add dilithium to drops (dont panic if someone finds 1000 or more dilithium in 1 in 200 missions ,that person will try to get that from loot again thus play that mission again).Like I said in other thread (where I was trolled by fanboys) this game needs rewards which can be obtained in your lifetime ,not in 2 or more months.

Btw I dont think dilithium or lack of it is the problem with the new season.Loot and rewards are the problems and they know it .
Commander
# 14
11-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Your concept is fine but are you aware that the embassy offers mkXII kits at tier 3?
Captain
# 15
11-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maliusnight View Post
Your concept is fine but are you aware that the embassy offers mkXII kits at tier 3?
since my fleet will hit tier 3 at embassy in about 40000 years ,yes you are right ,we will get kits and romulan boffs ...as we all know I plan to life forever
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Been saying from the first day I started playing this game that I would give my left maple nut to be able to design my own kit. I don't even want any new skills, I just want a kit with the skills I'm most likely to use.
Career Officer
# 17
11-19-2012, 11:32 AM
If my specific idea about Kits if flawed, I can see that. However, my primary idea of some sort of unique random chance loot drop, that is beneficial, and wanted, makes sense to get people to play the STFs a lot. I mean, it worked pre-S7, and they removed it, and look what's happened to STFs. So, if you want players back, introduce something unique that drops as a random chance that is different in each stf and you have to play each one, space and ground, to get it, then we get that drop, plus omega marks, and BNP's, and dili, and everyone is happy.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Captain
# 18
11-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
If my specific idea about Kits if flawed, I can see that. However, my primary idea of some sort of unique random chance loot drop, that is beneficial, and wanted, makes sense to get people to play the STFs a lot. I mean, it worked pre-S7, and they removed it, and look what's happened to STFs. So, if you want players back, introduce something unique that drops as a random chance that is different in each stf and you have to play each one, space and ground, to get it, then we get that drop, plus omega marks, and BNP's, and dili, and everyone is happy.
what you say has perfect sense and every game (multiplayer or not) has it.
Team Fortress ,Borderlands ,Skyrim ....all are about loot and making people play to find "that something".Its so easy to achieve this that makes me wonder why they dont it.STO has an advantage ...it has really good missions which can be played in team (ground stfs ,colony ,new azure ground and space missions) but it lacks that fast goal of getting something .That something doesnt have to be better gear (i never ask for better gear because I know better gear means sooner or later a new nerf)...like you said kits with combinations of powers is not something better but it is something that is good to have.

makes me wonder why we dont have hats yet.TF2 is a game all about hats and works without any good missions which need IQ and strategy.This game can have from kits ,hats ,clothes ,party poppers....you name it.You only need imagination because people will sure want and hunt the most useless thing if you know how to wrap it.