Career Officer
# 21
11-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Naturally, but its not the point of this offering is it? The question is, if you are in it for the DOFFs then is it compelling?

I can imagine that most people who DOFF and who buy such packs for DOFFs may see those possible DOFF CXP orientated bonuses as the perfect incentive. I just hope they don't trivialize the attainment of attaining CXP (especially if stacked).
The doffs alone are never compelling, I normally just buy them off the exchange if their worth the value.

I'm a heavy doffer.. all 6 of my main toons are fully slotted with purple doffs for example (save one melee doff on my kdf tact, that one is a blue)...

From past example, wait for them to discontinue the pack... it will have a ship and lobi added to it then...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 22
11-19-2012, 01:33 PM
people are still foolish to spend real money on the garbage that comes in these packs? interesting.

lol @ fleet modules being a grand prize. who comes up with this crap?
http://www.the-bums.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
11-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I see Lobi crystals are not mentioned - does this mean that those of us already foolish enough to be saving them for certain items like the Temporal weapons, etc., in the Lobi store - but still short of the goal - are basically SOL?

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Captain
# 24
11-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Some of these doffs are going to hurt PvP
why? if you think they bring extra power to people's builds you can always use those doffs .If you dont want to pay money you can always buy them with ec.Is not like you are banned from having them,
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
11-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Just not enough incentive for me.....

It would honestly be cheaper to just buy 4 fleet modules....
Yes - especially since you are guaranteed to get them when you buy them directly...

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Career Officer
# 26
11-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clannmac View Post
I see Lobi crystals are not mentioned - does this mean that those of us already foolish enough to be saving them for certain items like the Temporal weapons, etc., in the Lobi store - but still short of the goal - are basically SOL?
Lobi only gets added when they do the whole "We're removing the pack in 2 weeks" sale. Happened with the GQ packs and then the RI packs... it will happen with these..

I'll just wait...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Commander
# 27
11-19-2012, 01:38 PM
I wonder if the price of fleet modules is doing to go down in price on the exchange.

Maybe Cryptic is seeing not too many folks are willing to cough up 20 bucks for an extra console slot and some hull/shield improvements.
Empire Veteran
# 28
11-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Gonna have to pass on this one.
The new doffs are neat for sure.
I look forward to buying a couple from the xchange.
Problem is that the grand prize, while nice, is something I can get from the exchange for around all of 20 million ec. Not that much work to get.
And none of the special other items are that appealing either.

Thanks for the new pack, and all.
I just don't see any use for it in my game.
Agreed ... I read the bit on the grand prize and thought to myself ... It's cheaper to buy those modules outright.

Besides, doing the doff grinder in fleet projects ruined DOFFing for me.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
11-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
with 160$ you buy 58 packs x5 mills ec each =290.000.000ec more than enough to buy one and buy the best weapons and consoles for it.

You dont deserve that ship because you are not fit for the task called math
I doubt he expected to spend that much. You just keep buying packs hoping the next one will have the ship. Only when you finally add up all you've spent do you realise you could have bought it by selling keys. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Commander
# 30
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Lame.

Pass.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.