Career Officer
# 201
11-19-2012, 04:41 AM
I have to chime in here and agree with the above posts.

Season 6 made me want to spend money, Became an LTS after playing the game for under two months and spent a few hundred pounds in the time period.

As of Season 7, it's not so much I've boycotted spending, it's simply that the game is no longer compelling or enjoyable enough to coax me into spending, as it did before.
Commander
# 202
11-19-2012, 05:22 AM
The lack of time-gating is one of the main reasons I used to enjoy STO; they put in time-gates on not only a per-account basis, but a PER-CHARACTER basis.

I went back to EVE; if I want to deal with time-gates, at least that game doesn't rip you off in the process. I'll be back around Season 8, to see if things have improved.
Lt. Commander
# 203 ugh
11-19-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l0cutus359 View Post
Yes, I know. I luv STO, but I am not crazy about Season 7 at all. All the system apologists probably have IP addresses coming from China and/or California.

More content, less PWE grind please.

Thx
Locutus
Hmmm, I just saw the costs for the Mk XII gear, .... thankfully my toons have most of what they need before Season 7 released.

I think it is time to cancel my Gold membership, I can't support this PWE Asian Grind model.

My money is going to sideline and will stay there until Stahl and Cryptic can get a handle on this. I will still play STO, but my money will not participate. I cannot reward this MMO model.

Thx
Locutus
Captain
# 204
11-19-2012, 05:56 AM
I just talked with a kid in-game who said he started the wrong project accidently.

Quite unlucky but I also got to thinking what if you are a person that cannot or will not play elites and you accidently start the borg mark conversion? Eternally screwed?
Ensign
# 205
11-19-2012, 01:19 PM
I agree with all opinions. The reputation system is bad as is. But it can also be good.

The pro is that you dont need to be lucky and get that rare salvage you need.

The con is that it takes FAR TOO LONG 40 hours come on. I can do other things while waiting but I want new gear now not the next day and a half. If they was to reduce the time for projects and the cost of them most people will be happy, others not so much. I started playing the game from F2P so the most money I've spent is buying a key to unlock a box and to get it so my ship says NX not NCC. so I cant account for that side of things.

I just hope the devs are looking at the forums and re-evaluating the reputation system to better suite average players.
Career Officer
# 206
11-19-2012, 01:29 PM
What?

People don't love 40 hour wait times?

I'm sorry but my market research says people L-O-V-E waiting.

We also found that people love, being poked in the eye with a sharp stick.. hmm maybe the research was off? Ill be back in 40 hours.
Career Officer
# 207
11-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
I just talked with a kid in-game who said he started the wrong project accidently.

Quite unlucky but I also got to thinking what if you are a person that cannot or will not play elites and you accidently start the borg mark conversion? Eternally screwed?
Pretty much yes, there is no cooldown for removing accidental project starts. The very bane of the ENTIRE SYSTEM!!

I did the exact same thing, although luckily I run elites quite regularly and had the spare bnp's.

Still not worth 1000 dilith for 5 bnp's, but that's another topic....

The technical term if you do accidentally choose the wrong project = screwed
Career Officer
# 208
11-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
What?

People don't love 40 hour wait times?

I'm sorry but my market research says people L-O-V-E waiting.

We also found that people love, being poked in the eye with a sharp stick.. hmm maybe the research was off? Ill be back in 40 hours.
Oh yes I love the cooldown's, means I don't have to come play the game for two days at a time.
Gives me more time to play TOR
Starfleet Veteran
# 209
11-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by itslieutenantdan View Post
All I have to say is FAIL!!!!! Sorry you need to make the game fun to play. Ok maybe most like to play an asian farm game. I just don't get this move. Wait yes I do. Its all about money. Not the fans of Star Trek. I just feel like you just want to R *A*P*E* us all. I miss the old Star Trek Online. Episodes that where fun to play. And gear that was fun to obtain once you finish working hard with your fleet. This is a sad day. Man I even have to space the word I want to say thats messed up.
Very well said...this game should be called "STO: Farming the next frontier"...
Career Officer
# 210
11-19-2012, 02:13 PM
I have to agree, there is really nothing for me before Tier 5 that I want/need. So I feel like all those months of STF are gone. And I think more and more people will be going for ISE or KAGE just to get the easy marks and ignore the others.

Also the passive's and not being allowed to respect, or starting the wrong project is a crock. Maybe do a penalty for choosing the wrong project. Or maybe a project to change the trait. It should not be permanent.