Career Officer
# 81
11-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taallyn View Post
So, the uniforms needed to be sent to the cleaners to be ironed?
nope they had to steal them from the 29th century.. thats why its taking so long, cryptic is low tech yo.. its gonna take time for them to get to the 29th century...
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Survivor of Romulus
# 82
11-14-2012, 08:21 AM
It's probably best that these are undergoing further QA. I grabbed them off the Lobi store on Tribble, and was really disappointed with them. The top and bottom had different color palettes so you weren't able to truly match the black color, plus the combadge floated in mid air just off the chest. They'll be great once they're brought up to standards, but right now theres no way they should be released.
Commander
# 83
11-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Ah, ok, so they aren't ready then... still. Here I was starting to think that they were just a side project like: first officer/duty officer, removing off-duty and merging them with uniforms, klingon gameplay, multi-class android BOffs and other great things.
Career Officer
# 84
11-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarium1979 View Post
Ah, ok, so they aren't ready then... still. Here I was starting to think that they were just a side project like: first officer/duty officer, removing off-duty and merging them with uniforms, klingon gameplay, multi-class android BOffs and other great things.
Took three years to impalement the change character (without logging out) option, a nearly fundamental feature of every MMO. I've been a huge supporter of this game from day one when PE announced they where working on it. But my faith is quickly running thin that this game can survive much longer. and as much as I was willing to open a handful of lock boxes every now and then. I have no desire or will to open a single one more, if it's broke but still makes money why fix it, right.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10040808000&dateline=  1340247645
Come join the 44th Fleet.
startrek.44thfleet.com
Republic Veteran
Something I've noticed concerning the Temporal Lock Box and the associated paraphernalia in the Lobi store:
Ultimate Lock Box Prize in the form of the 29th century Wells class Time Ship, with supplemental Aeon class Time shuttle in the Lobi store;
Phaser weapons based off the ones seen wielded by the crew of the U.S.S. Relativity, also 29th century based technology;
And yet, when they got around to offering us up a uniform to compliment all this wonderful 29th century tech, we get...
... the 31st century Time Traveler jumpsuit seen by Crewman Daniels in Enterprise?
What.
I mean, I didn't check the forums when the Lock Box and satellite gear was revealed so maybe this was pointed out already, but why didn't we get the 29th century Starfleet uniforms that are actually related to all the time travel tech we got with this lock box?
And frankly, the Time Traveler jumpsuit is kind of lackluster compared to the rather spiffy (in my opinion at least) 29th century uniforms worn by Braxton and Ducane, and the rest of the Relativity crew. Why didn't we get the actual Relativity uniforms?
It's like, you're in the last stretch of a relay race, you're almost there, and you trip yourself on purpose: they gave us everything else, the weapons, the actual class of starship itself, but then choked on the uniform.
It's not so much that I'm complaining, mind you. Just kinda confused as to who's call this was and why they made this particular decision. And to also point out that I'd probably hock up either some cash or some Lobi for an honest-to-Great Bird of the Galaxy 29th century Starfleet uniforms.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Republic Veteran
# 86
11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Okay, just saw that my post was moved, and it answered my first question well enough.
So now my second question is:
These things are still in QA? It's kinda been 2 months since that video was posted.
I can understand if the team was preoccupied with wrapping up the development of S7. Really, I do. I get stuff like workloads and priorities.
But 2 months? Yeesh. Those uniforms must have been buggy as all get-out in ways we can't understand if we're not on the dev team.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Lt. Commander
# 87
11-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
These things are still in QA? It's kinda been 2 months since that video was posted.
I can understand if the team was preoccupied with wrapping up the development of S7. Really, I do. I get stuff like workloads and priorities.
But 2 months? Yeesh.
The mills of quality grind slowly at Cryptic . . .
Career Officer
# 88
11-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Like to get a new update on when we can see these... i mean really... a simple costume taking this long...this is getting abit much.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Captain
# 89
11-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
Like to get a new update on when we can see these... i mean really... a simple costume taking this long...this is getting abit much.
Indeed... Cryptic supposedly doubled their employee roster, but I keep getting this feeling that all but a skeleton crew is working on Neverwinter, and the skeleton is divided between CO and STO...
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Career Officer
# 90
11-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Indeed... Cryptic supposedly doubled their employee roster, but I keep getting this feeling that all but a skeleton crew is working on Neverwinter, and the skeleton is divided between CO and STO...
Thats what kills me, they say they have "doubled" their team and that things will change of this but still a simple uniform bug and its wrecking havoc among them to get it fixed.. no wounder we are still having issues with ships.. clothing must be a bugger to fix
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx