Career Officer
# 211
11-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
I just talked with a kid in-game who said he started the wrong project accidently.

Quite unlucky but I also got to thinking what if you are a person that cannot or will not play elites and you accidently start the borg mark conversion? Eternally screwed?
You are; you need to pay attention to the projects. Fell into the exact same thing and lost 5 BNP for 1k dilithium (which I really didn't need). It was an eye-opener of a lesson.

From now on, I'm taking my time reading the fine print on the projects before choosing Select. Just be mindful.
Starfleet Veteran
# 212
11-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
For a new player they might want to get the Mk X ground gear first for the insta-modulate.
Right, but then they could skip the MK xi.

The MK XI set is now for people who have 2 pc of mk xi leftover and need one more to fill out their set, and that's it. Which is fine.
Commander
# 213
11-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Dumbest.System.Ever.

I'm bored, I think I'll go watch static stars in sector space.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Starfleet Veteran
# 214
11-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenatl View Post
I have to agree, there is really nothing for me before Tier 5 that I want/need. So I feel like all those months of STF are gone. And I think more and more people will be going for ISE or KAGE just to get the easy marks and ignore the others.

Also the passive's and not being allowed to respect, or starting the wrong project is a crock. Maybe do a penalty for choosing the wrong project. Or maybe a project to change the trait. It should not be permanent.

Agreed, the big mistake here is the much delayed rewards. Even if the only thing I want is dilithium I'm basically doing missions for dilithium I won't be able to claim until the end of january. (at least not converting marks into dilithium) Which is just nonsense. There's no reason to do any ESTFS other than for the bare minimum needed to unlock the next tiers.

When people start hitting tier 3 it's going to get ugly in pug STFs. Most of us are going to open our crate and just not do ESTF's until we run out of marks unless the loot makes them worthwhile.

The wrong project thing, and permanent passives is just bad design.
Community Moderator
# 215
11-19-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm not going to claim that I'm in love with everything having to do with the Rep system, but I don't fully agree with the complaint about 40 hour projects.

If that was in-game time, I'd be really upset. But it's real-time. Less than 2 days. It's not a heck of a lot different from the starbase projects in that respect. Sure it could be shorter, but anybody paying attention to what the devs were saying about it knew that they were time-gating it just like they time-gate the starbases. They don't want people with a ton of money and in-game resources throwing stuff at it and completing it in a month.

It's meant to be a long-term kind of thing that hooks people into coming back, not a "gotta grind it now" thing.

Hopefully Cryptic will listen to the feedback and scale the time back a little (among other things). But I don't expect those projects to take less than a day to complete and I doubt Cryptic will even go that far.

That said, I get the frustration from STF'rs who don't want to grind STF's all over again to get the gear. The grind may turn out to be less for new players in the long run, but you guys are stuck with it and I feel for you.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 216
11-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Everyone who says he farmed for 5 months without a drop is a flat out liar.
Nope, they're not - had a Fleetmate who after 600 runs (he stopped counting at that point) got no Omega or MACO proto tech drops. It was truly sad.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 217
11-19-2012, 03:05 PM
again could have up the drop rate but that would have been to easy and me wonders if thes ppl who went 5 so called months with not a thing if they where only able to to put a hour of stfs a day a week a month so on makes you think
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 218
11-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Doesn't it take 2 days for starbase projects? Or something similar? IMO, personal rep missions should be much shorter than starbase missions, doesn't make sense that they are the same length, they should be at least half the length of starbase projects IMO.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Career Officer
# 219
11-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
Doesn't it take 2 days for starbase projects? Or something similar? IMO, personal rep missions should be much shorter than starbase missions, doesn't make sense that they are the same length, they should be at least half the length of starbase projects IMO.
i say geting rep should not be on a time limit you should get rep for geting them rocks killing them bugs or doing any mission that has to do with NR or stf now im not saying it should let us get to T5 in a week but should not take months as i said ones this rep system makes World of War-craft rep system look one less grindy and thats saying something in its self right there and also takes less time to get max
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 11-19-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Ensign
# 220
11-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Time Gating crap is freaking stupid, if i want to spend my free time grinding marks and items to advance faster then someone else, that's my time spent how i want to spend it, others may chose to spend there time in a different way. The completion times need to go, you acquire the needed items it should complete in 30 seconds. This system was very poorly thought out and seems to be thrown together in a hurry.