Survivor of Romulus
# 11
11-19-2012, 06:52 PM
I honestly think that someone missed something and or they forgot to feed the hampsters

that being said I have tried ALL of the suggestions here and had no luck with any of them.... my biggest problem is that I can usually play fine for a couple of hours but you let 6pm central time hit and its like all of a sudden the servers go stupid and I cant play for the rest of the night
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Rihannsu
# 12
11-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Well Well Well, it seems almost 12 hours after I last tried to log on at 1:36pm(East Coast Time), and what do you know I STILL can't get on, I am ticked off beyond all reason. I use this game as a way to escape the real world for a little while before and after work and because you at Cryptic/Perfect World refuse to even look at this issue effecting quite a number of your players you ignore it, do you not give a flying rats behind about your Customers, the only game right now that I see with more Customer Service Issues then you is BSGO(and I'm pretty sure if that game is not dead it's pretty close to being dead.) The rate your going STO much like BSGO will be dead to me.
Ensign
# 13
11-20-2012, 03:15 AM
Well... it worked for one day, not i cant get in.
Ensign
# 14
11-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Ok i logged in to post a solution for you.
When you have the patch server error, trying to go to www.startrekonline.com

If you can not get to that website, then you have the same issues I had.
This is due to some how perfect world or cryptic or who ever that runs the servers blocks a region of ip.

Short answers the server firewall is blocking your ip.

Now here is the solution on how to fix this.

For those technically minded. You can use a VPN to play the game.

For those not into computers here is a step by step solution.

1. goto www.hotspotshield.com
2. download their vpn client, and install it.
3. run the vpn and connect to the launcher that way
4. once you are logged in and on the character selection screen. hit escape and log out of the game but leave the game client running.
5. alt tab out of the game client and turn off the vpn (this is because the vpn is free and its slow, you want your own connection when play the game)
6. go back to the game client and re-log into the game and play.
Ensign
# 15
11-20-2012, 06:36 PM
My launcher will never connect, and come back saying invalid username/password.

I can log in the the STO website but can't get past the launcher.
Lieutenant
# 16
11-20-2012, 07:20 PM
http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/...play.php?f=351

Go there even though this is a tech support forum they don't even bother looking here
Haters hate what they can't do - which is everything outside of hatin' - Kevin Smith
Ensign
# 17
11-20-2012, 07:23 PM
i cant load the STO launcher, it says 'trying to update the launcher, please be patient, tried connecting 2 times. then it says "unable to establish connection to Patch Server. please check your internet connection. if problems persist, please contact technical support", but my internets working fine, and its doing it to my friend too, what do i do? the launcher just wont work...
Xavier Corvin: Human/Vulcan Medical Doctor
Fleet: Military Assault Command Operations Academy
\\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//
Rihannsu
# 18
11-20-2012, 10:02 PM
So Cryptic/Perfect World doesn't care about me as a customer I'd say I'm suprised but as of late that has changed. I get less then a day's worth of game play and the server disconnects me, and now I can't get onto the Launcher again. I am through with your games(and I don't mean STO) if what a previous reply to my original post is correct and your servers are randomly blocking IP regions this disappoints me, I am sorely tempted to abandon a game that I really enjoy because of our lack of care in customer service and ensuring constant connectivity to your game(and it's not my internet connection cause it's very stable).

Last edited by belldandy01; 11-21-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Was a bit Disparinging in(Calling Cryptic Craptic) That was rude
Ensign
# 19
11-20-2012, 11:18 PM
It seems it may just be the server is private for the dev's, maybe after the update the launcher will work again? We'll see.
Xavier Corvin: Human/Vulcan Medical Doctor
Fleet: Military Assault Command Operations Academy
\\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//
Ensign
# 20
11-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromedarebel View Post
It seems it may just be the server is private for the dev's, maybe after the update the launcher will work again? We'll see.
The update's still hours away though, isn't it?