Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
One could consider the bug ship cheap and skilless. Especially when it had fleet shields and hull before anyone without that kind of ship was able to grind themselves into a position to acquire one. Any c-store ship could be considered cheap and skilless against a player who may neither have the time nor the money to procure a similar ship of their own in the short term of a new ships release. Particularly when that ship has skills that add more heals or invulnerability in some form for whatever amount of time.

I just thought I might add those. You're absolutely right Devoras. I will say the cheap and skilless is a matter of perspective. Even doffing cannot escape the filthy brand of cheap and skilless with what the system has allowed players to do in pvp. *Points at an on-duty Subnucleonic Officer*. But ultimately the blame is not their own. In my opinion players 1-3 as you have described may be more easily defeated by their own ignorance if we had a pvp system actually balanced towards individual player skill and overall team ability. Of which from the start fleets like T.S.I. have exemplified. And yet even T.S.I. used broken skills in the past. We all have. From 15 second rsp's to 100% Accurately Targeting Fire at Will's. I blame Cryptic. So should everyone else.

And in the meantime we should adhere to the same etiquette we might adhere to in real life. On a soccer field after school. Or on a 24hr. Fitness basketball court before heading home for the night. RESPECT. That's what players 1-3 lack. Perhaps they will never learn. But the best course for the rest of us is to cling tightly to our morals. We must not let go of our etiquette. And for anyone who says you or I take the game too seriously with posts or responses like ours I would respond.... I take the game with a grain a salt. But I will always take people very seriously. Out of respect for who they are and what they believe. I would hope those same people would show me the same courtesy. And in the words of a great man....

More funsauce. Target baddies.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.