Lt. Commander
# 201
11-16-2012, 07:31 AM
The spacebar keybind can be a great stepping stone and I definitely found it very helpful when starting out as it lets you focus on getting the mechanics of piloting down, but as you get a better feel for things it can become limiting. As you get more familiar with your ship, the spacebar keybind is something that's good to try and move away from in favor of more focused keybinds. Execution order issues aside, binding too much to a key limits the extent to which you can time your abilities for maximum effect. It also makes it easy for your opponent to read where your cooldowns are and time their alphas for the weak points in your rotation. Also, as a general rule its good to avoid putting anything that can be cast on an ally in a spacebar keybind, having them there just makes them less likely to be available where and when they are need most.
# 202
11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
Id like to say that the order of which Ability is popped first is totally random and putting the first priority ability that needs to be popped at the last part of the keybind sentence it doesnt work all the time if ever.
I'm actually getting a controled sequencing on my latest keybind.

I have often thought that positioning of a command within a keybind and the interaction of CDs from duplicate powers within same keybind allows for a controled timing of when a power will activate within said keybind.

With this key bind I am able to activate commands in reverse order within the keybind and hit specific abilities in sequence.

So far its working perfectly as it hits t3s7(TT1) + t2s10(EPTA1) + t2s9(TSS2) + t2s5(ApO1) + t2s4(CRF3) + t2s3(HY2) + t2s2(ATB1) and finish the first pass with t3s9(Fomm) and thanks to CDs on duplicate powers its hits t2s8(TT1) + t2s7(TSS1) + t2s6(EPTS1) + t2s1(ATB1) on the second pass.
Once ATB1 procs the decreased cooldowns seem to fit right into the sequencing though it may also send the whole things off kilter randomly also. More testing is needed but it looks like key binds can be non-random in firing.

Edit: lol. Very effective in Ker'rat. Lol
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 12-17-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: props to the House of Critz. you guys rock!
Career Officer
# 203
11-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Actually, you can make a controlled sequence. My bind placed on previous page is designed such a way. Below explanation from STOWIKI:

There are two phases to using a compound keybind. Phase 1 occurs when you press the keybind button the first time. Phase 2 occurs when you press the button a second time within a short duration. Any repeated button pressing without a pause longer than 0.5 seconds will maintain Phase 2.

In Phase one the order is from left to right. In Phase 2 the order is from right to left. If you have a keybind that activates all the slots in tray 10, then pressing the button once will run ability in slot 1 and Que the ability in slot 2. If we press the button a second time with out a long pause between the first press, we will enter phase 2. If Slot 2 has not yet activated we will replace it in the Que with the ability in slot 10, and it will be next. Any repeated key presses of the same keybind with in a short duration will maintain phase 2 and Que items.

This feature can be used to create a fail safe Que order. Creating a mirror of a command will allow the priority to be fixed.

A standard command activating the full tray 10 using the keybind import file method would appear as follows:

numpad0 "+TrayExecByTray 9 0 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 3 $$+TrayExecByTray 9 4 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 5 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 6 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 7 $$+TrayExecByTray 9 8 $$ +TrayExecByTray 9 9"
The keyset is assigned to the numerical keypad's 0 key. If we create a mirror set of this key we can ensure that the priority will always be given to the abilities in the lower slots.

numpad0 "+TrayExecByTray 9 0$$+TrayExecByTray 9 1$$+TrayExecByTray 9 2$$+TrayExecByTray 9 3$$+TrayExecByTray 9 4$$+TrayExecByTray 9 5$$+TrayExecByTray 9 6$$+TrayExecByTray 9 7$$+TrayExecByTray 9 8$$+TrayExecByTray 9 9$$+TrayExecByTray 9 8$$+TrayExecByTray 9 7$$+TrayExecByTray 9 6$$+TrayExecByTray 9 5$$+TrayExecByTray 9 4$$+TrayExecByTray 9 3$$+TrayExecByTray 9 2$$+TrayExecByTray 9 1$$+TrayExecByTray 9 0"
In this set we are listing all the slots from slot 1 through slot 10 and then back to slot 1 again. If we do this then in Phase 1 Slot 1 will get first priority since it is listed first. In Phase 2 Slot 1 will get first priority again since it is listed last.

This is an important feature since it allows you to prioritize your abilities. Those in lower slots receive priority. Using this method will allow you to setup a complex chain of buffs, debuffs, and attacks that might require a specific order. Or it may allow you to maintain abilities that you would like to keep up at all times.
Captain
# 204
11-19-2012, 09:49 PM
someone forgot i get last post on stickied threads!
Empire Veteran
# 205
11-20-2012, 09:44 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudiefix1 View Post
Actually, you can make a controlled sequence. My bind placed on previous page is designed such a way.

I must jump to phase two automatically when I spam the SB. My keybinds always seem to run in reverse order.

I have also found that the command, " +trayExecBytrayWithBackup 1 X X X X " to really useful for what your example provides.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 206
11-22-2012, 01:57 AM
Some of these suggestions are the only reason I'm mediocre at this game
Captain
# 207
11-25-2012, 06:38 AM
you should try my "power focus level" keybind idea. its how i started off.

4 keybinds, one for each power level focus. hit it when you need to.
Empire Veteran
# 208
12-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Who has a complete list of STO key bind commands?
Career Officer
# 209
12-18-2012, 12:49 PM
On STOwiki is a large list... dont know if it covers all possible commands
Lieutenant
# 210
01-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Is their a way to set up two commands on the same bind, but only have one go off if the other does as well. I have FOMM and a team message saying FOMM $target. I would prefer not spamming my team any more than necessary when I hit that bind and it's not ready to go for another second or two... then they get to hear it again.
Closed Thread