Lt. Commander
# 31
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
The Tach Harmonic thing has been confirmed as a bug that will be fixed in an upcoming patch. They also noticed that Tetron ground Procs weren't working either. Really annoying though.

And I think the Invisi-torp thing is that the Game is only displaying a certain amount of effects, and its simply not drawing all the shots that are poaring out.

Personally I'm giving serious consideration to breaking out my Aegis sets again. All the Plasma burns are annoying. At least the Aegis can adapt to plasma, and having a strong Resistant shield is useless when it's your hull that's on fire.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 32
11-19-2012, 10:39 PM
As Borticus said, there haven't been any intentional changes to make the Borg harder. I'll take another look at their torpedoes, though - those damage numbers do sound too high.

We've had some general tech changes that could be impacting things (like breaking Tachyon Harmonic) even if the Systems Designers haven't been intentionally rebalancing anything. For example, as I mentioned in another thread, the way certain targeting cones work was changed - that's cut down the "safe spots" above and below Borg Cubes.

As a general rule, we don't want players in level appropriate gear to be one-shotted. There can be some exceptions for special mechanics - like if players are out of position in the fight with the two Unimatrix ships and get hit by the lance, for example. Normal torpedoes shouldn't be producing that kind of burst damage.

I'll try to track down what's causing this and make adjustments as needed.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Borg can now hit us for 50-60k with un-buffed plasma torpedos. That's not heavy torpedos, so they are fully invisible and can not be shot down.

Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Gateway deals 17530 (51901) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo.
[Combat (Self)] Gateway deals 743 (1135) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Torpedo
(The second line is the DoT)

Here is another example:
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1491/bplda.jpg
Captain
# 34
11-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
As Borticus said, there haven't been any intentional changes to make the Borg harder. I'll take another look at their torpedoes, though - those damage numbers do sound too high.
The biggest noticeable effect is from the torpedoes, which they now seem to use quite a bit more liberally... There was a line in the patch notes about changing the way firing arcs were computed? Also, exactly how many torpedo launchers do these ships have, because a gateway launched 2 torps at me three seconds apart.

http://momaw.kikaimegami.com/sto-borg-overpowered.png

But it's not JUST the torpedoes... Beam arrays are also hitting for 1500-2000 damage now, and the heavy cannons can go over 6000. I don't remember them being that high, personally. So a torpedo wipes out my shields instantly, and I take a few hull hits from their turbo-charged energy weapons before I can react with tac team or whatever I've got. And a delightful 1674 damage per second in plasma burn which is definitely new.

I wish I had kept some old combat logs for direct comparison. Without numbers on both sides this is all just subjective.
Captain
# 35
11-20-2012, 01:56 AM
If I were you, I'd check the Tholians in your new sector's DSEs too. I was hit for approximately 81 MILLION damage the other day by a tricobalt mine. That was undoubtedly an aberration, but they routinely hit for around 100k. That's enough to destroy most ships twice over.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Captain
# 36
11-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
If I were you, I'd check the Tholians in your new sector's DSEs too. I was hit for approximately 81 MILLION damage the other day by a tricobalt mine. That was undoubtedly an aberration, but they routinely hit for around 100k. That's enough to destroy most ships twice over.
So that's what hit me...
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
The biggest noticeable effect is from the torpedoes, which they now seem to use quite a bit more liberally... There was a line in the patch notes about changing the way firing arcs were computed? Also, exactly how many torpedo launchers do these ships have, because a gateway launched 2 torps at me three seconds apart.

http://momaw.kikaimegami.com/sto-borg-overpowered.png

But it's not JUST the torpedoes... Beam arrays are also hitting for 1500-2000 damage now, and the heavy cannons can go over 6000. I don't remember them being that high, personally. So a torpedo wipes out my shields instantly, and I take a few hull hits from their turbo-charged energy weapons before I can react with tac team or whatever I've got. And a delightful 1674 damage per second in plasma burn which is definitely new.

I wish I had kept some old combat logs for direct comparison. Without numbers on both sides this is all just subjective.
hmm... it's flagged as critical. Borg are not supposed to score critical hits...

still, even without critical, I've seen close to 60k from an un-buffed torp...
Empire Veteran
# 38
11-20-2012, 02:22 AM
when did the borg get that heavy plasma cannon? that does a fair amount of damage. and when are single cannons going to become heavy cannons, because a DHC firing cycle is 10 times better, and singles need a buff.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 39
11-20-2012, 02:38 AM
I have to agree, they have too much damage at the moment.

I went into a KASE a few days ago, and the Gate's Tractor beam grabbed me and was doing over 3000 damage per tick. Dropped me to 33%.

Borg Plasma dots are hitting myself and fleetmates for 600-1000 per tick.
Career Officer
# 40
11-20-2012, 03:21 AM
The respawn timer is as big a problem as the damage too in my opinion.

I don't actually bother with 'The Hive' space anymore - don't see any point. I play STO for the enjoyment of it.
I DON'T enjoy being repeatedly either one-shotted.

I DON'T enjoy Borg spamming plasma and the resulting, constant, plasma fire (on the hull) that burns the hull off, despite resistive armor, and Hazard Emitters just can't keep up with. Seriously, seems as if there is barely a second where you're NOT flying around in a massive green cloud.

I DON'T enjoy being punished for being one-shotted, or blasted to bits by uber-weapons, by an increasing duration respawn timer. A lot of time one finds themself on the receiving end of REPEATED 70+ second respawn timeouts, only to rejoin the game and get blasted back into respawn oblivion(another 70+ seconds) barely 30 seconds later.

From what I've seen in Zone Chat, and conversations with one or two of members of the fleet I am in, I am not the only one who avoids it. And I suspect that, if it remains as it is, it'll be like the CE mission - only played by organised groups and avoided by all else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 11-20-2012 at 03:25 AM.