# 231
11-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Z-Store Buff Respec Please?
Career Officer
# 232
11-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Nope STO is not doing great, it's doing fine.
all i will say on that is this
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 233
11-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmerzan View Post
I agree 100% anything is better then the old luck system that was a screwed up mess from the beginning i have 8 toons and constantly running stfs on all of them and only got the MK XII set on 1 of them so at least this way we have a goal to work twords, sorry for those of you who where lucky and got them right away but it wasnt fair to us unlucky peeps
You do realize sir that with the OLD SYSTEM, simply running STF was giving you enough EDC to convert into Mk X or even Mk XI Elite gear pretty fast and with NO LUCK even involved?

The ONLY gear that could seem out of reach because of bad luck was the MK XII Elite and THAT IS ALL.

Now even the simple Mk X gear costs a FORTUNE to get and TAKES AGES over that.

Yes, keep defending this new system all you like. You will find out by yourself soon enough... I give you one month of grind and then we will talk again...
Lt. Commander
# 234
11-20-2012, 02:11 AM
i agree: this unlock-system is ridiculous!!! i get that in the old system, there were ppl who played for 5 months without getting prototypes, but till then you had a ton of dilithium and you had a full equipped MK XI ship. what do you have now? NOTHING! and all my stuff is in the "cute" box which i can only open at TIER 3? seriously? this system is a JOKE!
Captain
# 235
11-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post
You do realize sir that with the OLD SYSTEM, simply running STF was giving you enough EDC to convert into Mk X or even Mk XI Elite gear pretty fast and with NO LUCK even involved?

The ONLY gear that could seem out of reach because of bad luck was the MK XII Elite and THAT IS ALL.

Now even the simple Mk X gear costs a FORTUNE to get and TAKES AGES over that.

Yes, keep defending this new system all you like. You will find out by yourself soon enough... I give you one month of grind and then we will talk again...
Yes, the game handed out gear like candy before, that was a problem. It took people a week or two to completely gear up (minus a stubborn prototype drop or two) and then they lost interest. I would take my captains straight from blue/green Mk X gear right to Purple Mk XII, completely skipping a ton of gear progression. That's not a good design for a f2p game.

I do think the Mk X and XI gear is entirely too expensive and that it shouldn't take up a project slot. You shouldn't have to slow your rep grind down to make gear for yourself. It reminds me of the old learning skills nonsense in Eve. You also shouldn't have to go bankrupt on dilithium for gear your going to turn around and replace a week or two later.

Last edited by xantris; 11-20-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Career Officer
# 236
11-20-2012, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Yes, the game handed out gear like candy before, that was a problem. It took people a week or two to completely gear up (minus a stubborn prototype drop or two) and then they lost interest. I would take my captains straight from blue/green Mk X gear right to Purple Mk XII, completely skipping a ton of gear progression. That's not a good design for a f2p game.

I do think the Mk X and XI gear is entirely too expensive and that it shouldn't take up a project slot. You shouldn't have to slow your rep grind down to make gear for yourself. It reminds me of the old learning skills nonsense in Eve. You also shouldn't have to go bankrupt on dilithium for gear your going to turn around and replace a week or two later.
Ahahahahahahha

looooool

Really!?

"They lost interest"

No I and many others did not, I got most my MK XII gear on all 3 alts... I never lost interest, there was always the dilithium rewards and the chance of a Mk XII item dropping. I also wanted to kit out my boffs. What you say is a lie, maybe you lost interest, but that is a personal defect not one with the game or other players. More importantly there was a community of like minded players who helped one another and helped new players. That is gone because the new system has not curve to it all, log in complete an impossible to fail ISE and you're done.

Not only that but for STF's me weren't never truly end-gam I did them to get the gear I needed to help new fleet members and to get Dilthium for advancing the fleet, which is a long drawn out end-game process. Now the fleet is on the back burner and in danger of being disbanded and my interest in the game if this weekend is anything to go by will wain.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-20-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Ensign
# 237
11-20-2012, 03:13 AM
Myself my lass and other members of our fleet went lifer while it was on offer this time around because we were happy being able to do a few stfs on our multiple characters getting loads of dill maybe the kit if we wanna stuff it on our boffs etc, then off for fleet marks and gettin what our SB required, 3 or 4 hr was all it needed. now its a major assed grind top to bottom. Our fleet has stopped playing just like we have, a real shame because it was alot of fun this game to me my lass and our fleet. We argued to get dill back into stf's but to be honest its made no difference to us, the game is no longer the content we were happy to pay a rather healthy price tag on due to being so happy and entertained by it. Now they can simply go spin on this game. Its doff and go for me just incase it ever improves, but quite frankly after cryptics lifer quickly followed up by a complete game change stunt, i couldnt give a perverbial crap if it folds in a year. Not another penny from me or the rest of us. We didnt pay to grind god knows how many hours on 8 different characters each. Thats all they have done basically the death of the alt.
Career Officer
# 238
11-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister82 View Post
Myself my lass and other members of our fleet went lifer while it was on offer this time around because we were happy being able to do a few stfs on our multiple characters getting loads of dill maybe the kit if we wanna stuff it on our boffs etc, then off for fleet marks and gettin what our SB required, 3 or 4 hr was all it needed. now its a major assed grind top to bottom. Our fleet has stopped playing just like we have, a real shame because it was alot of fun this game to me my lass and our fleet. We argued to get dill back into stf's but to be honest its made no difference to us, the game is no longer the content we were happy to pay a rather healthy price tag on due to being so happy and entertained by it. Now they can simply go spin on this game. Its doff and go for me just incase it ever improves, but quite frankly after cryptics lifer quickly followed up by a complete game change stunt, i couldnt give a perverbial crap if it folds in a year. Not another penny from me or the rest of us. We didnt pay to grind god knows how many hours on 8 different characters each. Thats all they have done basically the death of the alt.
This is the typical story I've been hearing all across the game.
Ensign
# 239
11-20-2012, 03:22 AM
My friends list is around 100 people it must be, which were on at all times just about, now when i just quickly bob on purely to grab negotaiate additional and a few supports, theres about 3 people on. Surely they must see a huge drop in players, it is a real shame they deemed it necessary to make the game a never ending grind of total bordem. Now instead of doing stfs constantly your spending most your time putting stuff into endless projects. Its just a waste of a game most people were happy with. the only people which are happy are ones with either 2 or 3 characters or have their lives to spend in sto on multiple characters.
Ensign
# 240
11-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Why would you want more than one piece of each equipment?

I think the times are a bit long but apart from that the systems fine.