Starfleet Veteran
# 11
11-19-2012, 07:13 PM
That's awesome. Thank you for sharing. I can see that a lot of time and refinement went into New Romulus.

@greendragoon
Rihannsu
# 12
11-19-2012, 08:18 PM
This is awesome Taco! Thanks for sharing.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
11-19-2012, 08:26 PM
No problem, it was just done for fun. I showed it at our morning meeting today, and Geko said we should post them. I wanted to, but didn't expect it would fly. Thanks to Dan an Brandon for giving me the go ahead.

I'd love to see timelapse's done for other asset creation, but it's a little harder to pull that off. It's easier to do in engine since we can set a point, and always take the same shot from the same position.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 14
11-19-2012, 08:38 PM
These should be posted straight on the homepage. Actually I'm sure it'll also interest non-STO gaming geeks as well.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 15
11-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
No problem, it was just done for fun. I showed it at our morning meeting today, and Geko said we should post them. I wanted to, but didn't expect it would fly. Thanks to Dan an Brandon for giving me the go ahead.

I'd love to see timelapse's done for other asset creation, but it's a little harder to pull that off. It's easier to do in engine since we can set a point, and always take the same shot from the same position.
And I'm glad they did! Dang those are cool. Helps you appreciate it all the more.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 16
11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
These are great to see. New Romulus is a gorgeous environment and I love seeing all the work that you all out into it. I hope that you guys find time to expand places like Andoria with this much care, or add other worlds to freely explore, like Betazed maybe? I love exploring the strange new worlds you create.
PhantasmagoricRS
On the forums September 2009
Lieutenant
# 17
11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow! thank you very much for sharing and taking the time to prepare those ^^
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91857922000&dateline=  1342169682
Join date 20 Sept 2008
Career Officer
# 18
11-20-2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks for sharing Tumerboy.

Can you give some insight as to why the city background changed so dramatically, e.g. going from what would have been buildings behind the wall to nothing (visible). You probably changed tac considering its a 'new' colony etc, but maybe some of those original tall buildings could have remained as metalwork structures in development like some assets of the wall have? Perhaps you took them out completely since we don't have a great vantage point on the ground (for the most part) to even see that much behind the wall to notice any metalframe buildings in any case?

p.s. The one thing I'd add to the map myself, would be taking a leaf from the Salt Mine missions where you evacuate the miners, except in reverse. I'd like to see that amazing Romulan shuttle come in to land, some Romulan settler NPCs spawn from it, get greeted by one of D'tan's lackeys and then walk themselves up to and into the gates of the city. The shuttle takes off, and soon another arrives etc. It would give a greater feeling of activity to the area perhaps.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 11-20-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Career Officer
# 19
11-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Awesome TACO, simply amazing the amount of work that goes into these projects. It was fairly obvious from first arriving on NR that a lot of thought, care, hard work and talent had gone into the whole map, but these gifs really show just how much and then some.

One question, what gif creator did you use as I'm always on the lookout for a good one for my fleet website.

Cheers

ADDED: Again please consider a day night cycle, it would be awesome

Last edited by mattjohnsonva; 11-20-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Career Officer
# 20
11-20-2012, 02:54 AM
I wanna go!! Can I come play with your toyz pleazzzzz TB?

Seriously though, thats some great work. The New Romulus map is visually outstanding, especially the drop close to the staging area ramp that dives down to the Reman section. Cant wait to go down there and explore!

Thats how good maps are made, teasing the user with areas that cant be explored....yet....
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster attitude upgrade - Installed *