Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
# 241
11-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Its more than just down to equipment, Stf's brought alot of people together in the game esp whithin fleets. Now people are simply not interested to grind on 10 characters. i have started the first tier of the new system, read what others have said about it and no it isnt for me, or anyone else i know obviously since they have all stopped playing the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 949
# 242
11-20-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister82 View Post
Its more than just down to equipment, Stf's brought alot of people together in the game esp whithin fleets. Now people are simply not interested to grind on 10 characters. i have started the first tier of the new system, read what others have said about it and no it isnt for me, or anyone else i know obviously since they have all stopped playing the game.
This is what people aren't getting when they say "the system is fine" or "we just need to reduce the time".

It's pretty much destroyed the community aspects of STFs and replaced it with isolation and asian style grind. I'm waiting to be allocated my own virtual office cubicle ... did you get that memo about STF reports peter?

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-20-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 239
# 243
11-20-2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Not only that but for STF's me weren't never truly end-game I did them to get the gear I needed to help new fleet members and to get Dilthium for advancing the fleet, which is a long drawn out end-game process. Now the fleet is on the back burner and in danger of being disbanded and my interest in the game if this weekend is anything to go by will wain.
This. With removal of loot bags and large part of dilithium from STFs (if you think that 960+ 1/5 of 1k dil project is roughly the same amount, you are deluding yourself) Craptic managed to kill off the social side of STFs, they are no longer a fleet-bonding activity, just a tedious chore. No need to gear for Borg, since all everyone needs is one ISE run every 2 days. If anyone is queueing for other STF, its for the sake of good old times.


I wouldn't be surprised if removing the player counters from queue window and disabling private games were intentional in order to obscure dwindling numbers of players playing STFs/FAs.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 163
# 244
11-20-2012, 07:59 AM
I guess for me what it boils down to is the new rep system was designed for someone coming new into the game. It's really based on leveling a toon from scratch. Us veterans have done that, but we are forced to do it again. I think along with the crate it should have been taken into account how many hours we have already played and maybe started us at a higher tier.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 949
# 245
11-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenatl View Post
I guess for me what it boils down to is the new rep system was designed for someone coming new into the game. It's really based on leveling a toon from scratch. Us veterans have done that, but we are forced to do it again. I think along with the crate it should have been taken into account how many hours we have already played and maybe started us at a higher tier.
It's not even that for me, the damage has been done to the community and fun in the game especially with STFs and it's really killing whats left of the small fleets.

Heavens forbid a new player ever wants to start their own fleet... no chance.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 71
# 246
11-20-2012, 08:23 AM
I see a lot of people saying "I ran STF's for 3 days" or "I farmed STF's for a week" and I got full mk xii.

Well, what does that mean? 18 hours/day. 80 STF's/day. What?

Most players don't have the time or the patience to do that. You still ran hundreds of STF's to get what you wanted. Run hundreds of STF's now, and you'll have the same result. The only difference is that it won't be random and you can't do it immediately. You've got to wait a little. I realize that's tough, but it's not that tough. This new system is more accessible to the vast majority of players. I don't love it, but I understand why casuals might like it. Patience is a virtue or so I'm told.

Let's look at other games. WoW and DCUO are the 2 games I'm most familiar with outside this one. In both of those games, there's a waiting period before you can do endgame content again. It's not half an hour like STO. It's 3 days or a week. So, maybe you'd prefer that system. Do your Infected Ground Elite STF and then have to wait 7 days before you can do it again. Now how long will it take to get your mk XII set?

Having said all that, I have no doubt I'll be outraged when I see the cost to get mk XII gear. I'm expecting 10000 Omega Marks and 500,000 dilithium or something equally insane. I will at that point be just as angry about the system as many of you are right now.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
# 247
11-20-2012, 08:35 AM
I don't think there's many (any?) here that support the Mk XII gear being unobtainable to those that didn't grind the STFs.

But it's worth mentioning that a Mk X ground or space set could be had in as little as 15 Elite runs (of ISE or whatever) on the double EDC days. Mk XI is double that - so 30 STFs.

15 Elite STFs would have netted you 15k minimum Dilithium and most likely some Rare/Proto Salvage.

So you're looking at:

15 runs:

Full Mk X space or ground set
15,000+ Dilithium
A nice Mk X or XI weapon (or two, or three) or some bonus Dilithium
Maybe 500,000 to 1,000,000 ECs in vendor trash

This was pretty much guaranteed.

Now you have to pay 15k Dilithium for one piece of the set and you'd have to run more than 15 STFs to earn that Dilithium.

As many have said before me, if Cryptic wanted you to get the Mk XII stuff easier they could have done one of two things:

1) Adjust the drop rate.

2) Allow you to buy it with EDCs.

Getting the equipment 'easier' is BS spin on what their true intention was - making us buy our rewards.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 11-20-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 128
# 248
11-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
I see a lot of people saying "I ran STF's for 3 days" or "I farmed STF's for a week" and I got full mk xii.

Well, what does that mean? 18 hours/day. 80 STF's/day. What?

Most players don't have the time or the patience to do that. You still ran hundreds of STF's to get what you wanted. Run hundreds of STF's now, and you'll have the same result. The only difference is that it won't be random and you can't do it immediately. You've got to wait a little. I realize that's tough, but it's not that tough. This new system is more accessible to the vast majority of players. I don't love it, but I understand why casuals might like it. Patience is a virtue or so I'm told.

Let's look at other games. WoW and DCUO are the 2 games I'm most familiar with outside this one. In both of those games, there's a waiting period before you can do endgame content again. It's not half an hour like STO. It's 3 days or a week. So, maybe you'd prefer that system. Do your Infected Ground Elite STF and then have to wait 7 days before you can do it again. Now how long will it take to get your mk XII set?

Having said all that, I have no doubt I'll be outraged when I see the cost to get mk XII gear. I'm expecting 10000 Omega Marks and 500,000 dilithium or something equally insane. I will at that point be just as angry about the system as many of you are right now.
The flaw in your logic is that, in the new system, you don't get the gear for doing all of those runs. You get the option to buy the gear...

Plus it really screws the casual/new players even more. No more easy retro borg or mk11 gear, now you must grind and pay for even the low level stuff.

Season 7 is just ****ty.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 249
11-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
I see a lot of people saying "I ran STF's for 3 days" or "I farmed STF's for a week" and I got full mk xii.

Well, what does that mean? 18 hours/day. 80 STF's/day. What?

Most players don't have the time or the patience to do that. You still ran hundreds of STF's to get what you wanted. Run hundreds of STF's now, and you'll have the same result. The only difference is that it won't be random and you can't do it immediately. You've got to wait a little. I realize that's tough, but it's not that tough. This new system is more accessible to the vast majority of players. I don't love it, but I understand why casuals might like it. Patience is a virtue or so I'm told.

Let's look at other games. WoW and DCUO are the 2 games I'm most familiar with outside this one. In both of those games, there's a waiting period before you can do endgame content again. It's not half an hour like STO. It's 3 days or a week. So, maybe you'd prefer that system. Do your Infected Ground Elite STF and then have to wait 7 days before you can do it again. Now how long will it take to get your mk XII se.
3-4 hour a day at most(9-12 STFs a day), if your competent enough to get optionals the salvage came extremely fast, you'd have a full set of MK XII weapons in less than a week, and probably at least one or two pieces of set gear.

I'd say it usually took ~60-70 eSTF runs to get all the weapon salvage, and honestly that's estimating high. It only took 7 or so to put yourself in a full Borg assimilated set. On my main, I had everything but my Engine by 100 runs, and that engine took me another 2-300.

STO doesn't have enough content to follow a WoW lockout model, nor is the content is does have of high enough quality or length.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 949
# 250
11-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
I don't think there's many (any?) here that support the Mk XII gear being unobtainable to those that didn't grind the STFs.

But it's worth mentioning that a Mk X ground or space set could be had in as little as 15 Elite runs (of ISE or whatever) on the double EDC days. Mk XI is double that - so 30 STFs.

15 Elite STFs would have netted you 15k minimum Dilithium and most likely some Rare/Proto Salvage.

So you're looking at:

15 runs:

Full Mk X space or ground set
15,000+ Dilithium
A nice Mk X or XI weapon (or two, or three) or some bonus Dilithium
Maybe 500,000 to 1,000,000 ECs in vendor trash

This was pretty much guaranteed.

Now you have to pay 15k Dilithium for one piece of the set and you'd have to run more than 15 STFs to earn that Dilithium.

As many have said before me, if Cryptic wanted you to get the Mk XII stuff easier they could have done one of two things:

1) Adjust the drop rate.

2) Allow you to buy it with EDCs.

Getting the equipment 'easier' is BS spin on what their true intention was - making us buy our rewards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
The flaw in your logic is that, in the new system, you don't get the gear for doing all of those runs. You get the option to buy the gear...

Plus it really screws the casual/new players even more. No more easy retro borg or mk11 gear, now you must grind and pay for even the low level stuff.

Season 7 is just ****ty.
Yep and yep agree and agree...

and as Weyland will know STF's used to be a fun community orientated thing to do... now not so much if at all.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:20 PM.