Career Officer
# 31
11-20-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
I was in a match with you today. And aside from the dope that was going on and on about 'cheaters' I'm really not sure who else it was you were ranting about. I rather enjoyed it. It made me feel almost normal by comparison.

Here. I made a video for you. In it I've included a fine example of ALL of your favorite peeves. And really I think it is ALL of ours if this thread is any indication.

Cheers and happy flying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8FtA4_vj7g&feature=plcp
Another fine production and I loved the commentary as always. Do you use Fraps to generate that film?
Career Officer
# 32
11-20-2012, 04:24 AM
Maybe one day we'll get a Klingon premade on the level of QEW that can actually play well in anything other than CnH against dilithium farmers.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 33
11-20-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
I was in a match with you today. And aside from the dope that was going on and on about 'cheaters' I'm really not sure who else it was you were ranting about. I rather enjoyed it. It made me feel almost normal by comparison.

Here. I made a video for you. In it I've included a fine example of ALL of your favorite peeves. And really I think it is ALL of ours if this thread is any indication.

Cheers and happy flying!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8FtA4_vj7g&feature=plcp
:O Have my babies.
Rihannsu
# 34
11-20-2012, 04:52 AM
a) klinging to the playstyle of Season 3 and demanding that everybody else adapts a preferred target of FOTM in S3 build.

b) egyptian P2W crocodil, you know i fly a bug with RMC, and purple MK XII consoles all around. You guys however, with any one universal console or purple expansion pack Doff, .... are all P2W biatches.

Not saying that any of that crap is balanced, but P2W is everywhere, and you are in da nile.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 11-20-2012 at 04:55 AM.
Captain
# 35
11-20-2012, 05:00 AM
Pff, I reserve the right to moan about bugs and a few selected inviduals that I "hate" with all my heart. especially the well known "combat quiters".

Last edited by dalnar83; 11-20-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Career Officer
# 36
11-20-2012, 05:28 AM
1. Hi Horizon!!

2. Fleet Norgh with the 'and how' skin.

3. Fraps and Widows Movie Maker (both have recently been improved)

4. Lymuv may or may not be available for reproductive purposes. Send pics.

Some people have suggested closing chat, or just zone chat, or using ignore. Just to stay on topic I guess I will say that I have used that. Mostly to stop MYSELF from saying something stupid. Doesn't always work, but when it comes to it, I'm the only one I have a chance at improving.

Cheers and happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 37
11-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
I wasnt ranting. Some feds were talking in team chat how much Lady was cheating and i wouldnt have anything of it, because i know said person isnt cheating. Saying it in zone would just make them look foolish.
Oh, and if i get blown up 5, 10, 20 times in one cap`n hold doesnt bother me. My ship has been blow up several times through the years, so why should this now bother me as much? Im getting too old to care -.-

To the person claiming we (TSI) were using broken stuff to promote change:

Yes thats true and I for once dont hide it. My fleet has long run by the principle that all skills and abilties given you from Cryptic (set aside from skills you p2w) are all legitimate. If one or more sets limitations to it because its not fair and honourable, are simply called scrubs for us.

To quote Faithborn:

Scrub - Adjective, used to describe someone that is not playing to win. Its simply put "Don't hate the player, hate the game".

TSI plays to win, half the players on the forums do not.

And to sum it, this post says it all.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!

Last edited by devorasx; 11-20-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Career Officer
# 38
11-20-2012, 05:56 AM
Seems rather arbitrary to the draw the line at p2w.

Even subnuc doff users could be said to trying to win at all costs and are therefore not scrubs.

To me, it seems like you get back what you put into the game. If you keep using FOTM builds, you get that kind back, because people then feel forced to use them to compete. So in the end all we end up with is nonstop unfun gameplay.

It seems like self-policing is a good policy if you want to keep games less saturated by garbage. I agree with the TRH principles mostly.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 39
11-20-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
To quote Faithborn:

Scrub - Adjective, used to describe someone that is not playing to win. Its simply put "Don't hate the player, hate the game".
I play to have fun.

Winning or losing means nothing... there's no cake, no pie, not even a piece of toast.

It's not back in the day with UO, SB, AO, nor EVE - it's not even ranking in WoW.

It's extremely casual PvP... I play to have fun.

Some people take it far too seriously... if I was going to lose my stuff, if I was going to lose territory - my city - etc, etc, etc... then yeah, play to win - play to crush.

STO though? Heh, lol...
Captain
# 40
11-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I play to have fun.

Winning or losing means nothing... there's no cake, no pie, not even a piece of toast.

It's not back in the day with UO, SB, AO, nor EVE - it's not even ranking in WoW.

It's extremely casual PvP... I play to have fun.

Some people take it far too seriously... if I was going to lose my stuff, if I was going to lose territory - my city - etc, etc, etc... then yeah, play to win - play to crush.

STO though? Heh, lol...
We all play to have fun, but some of us play to win and have fun in the progress. Pherhaps there isnt a ranking system in place, but reputation means everything to a person and a fleet: To stand victorious in all battles and remain unbeaten.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!