Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 61
11-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post

As for TSI and their constant use of broken tech/exploits, what does it matter anymore? Thankfully most have run to GW2/MWO.
Seriously, whats with the TSI bashing? Bitter much? Not to mention double standards as most players did the same as we did, if not esscalated it by adding in the p2w, while complaining.

Atleast we made these issues surface so something could be done with it. We left because people resorted to p2w and the heavy dependency of it. There was nothing more to gain from it as people bought their victory instead of earning it like true pvp`s by the abilities given to all fairly. That Cryptic cant balance the game isnt our problem, but we make them AWARE of them.

Try GW2 for a change where you cant buy skills or an easy victory. I bet those who do some will come back to STO crying that they found it too hard.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 62
11-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I haven't played in a long time. I heard BoB space finally collapsed. Is it true?
Sad but true. Goonswarm used certain questionable methods worthy of the CIA.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 63
11-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Hence why I asked what I did early on in our discussion here - whether you realized what you were saying and how it could affect reputation or not. If I'd had more caffeine at that time, I might have been more clear about it - and for that - I apologize.
Offcourse i realize it! And no need to apologize for a small miscommunication.
What im saying is we do what it takes to win and have fun while were at it. Our actions will speak for itself as well as our motives for using certain skills which some might consider broken. But then again you have people like Maikai and Hilbert coming out, giving metrics and data for a reason to promote change for the BETTER.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 64
# 64
11-20-2012, 07:35 AM
Yeah, I don't usually agree with virus, but he makes a lot of good points.

First you say that using anything in the game to win, short of a bug like voldie, is necessary in order to not be a scrub. Then you say pay2win is not ok because you pay for skill instead of learning it? Exactly how is proving FAW was broken and then exploiting the hell out of it skill? Your very argument of being a scrub leads down the path of using every pay2win console that the devs send our way. Oh, and last time I played tsi members, you better believe they were ams'ing the hell out of me. I believe those players have moved onto GW, but lets not pretend they weren't around. One of you even made a post about not agreeing with them using it, but were willing to do nothing about it. Some of your guys, not all, cheese it up as much as anyone else for the sake of winning. When I grilled the person for using AMS, his response was the same as it always is. "Crytic won't fix it until enough people complain about it".

Btw, I've never run p2w, so I apparently am a scrub as well.

I'd love to see the entire community self police themselves to not use p2w. I don't believe that's realistic in the least bit though. Can it be cheesy? Yeah. Is there not other ways to also be cheesy? FAW, carrier drain builds, broken crap like tbr teams, Swarms of danubes, multiple vm ships, etc. you get the point
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 65
11-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
use cheap tactics.
lmao your one to talk dude. in your fleet you have 2 guys that would spam nothing but 2 hanger bays full of tb pets. 2 carriers in a match doing that is cheap tactis. maybe you should talk to your fleet before you even make a post eh?
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 66
11-20-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken1981 View Post
lmao your one to talk dude. in your fleet you have 2 guys that would spam nothing but 2 hanger bays full of tb pets. 2 carriers in a match doing that is cheap tactis. maybe you should talk to your fleet before you even make a post eh?
Just to use the same argument as Pax does: We use these "toys" as a detterent if the opposing team does the same. Sounds logical to me and it happens way too often for my taste.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 597
# 67
11-20-2012, 07:46 AM
excpet every match ive been in your fleet has done this while we had no pets. and btw i do own a carrier, i do use pets. but they are stalker fighters. just so its not as lame.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 64
# 68
11-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Offcourse i realize it! And no need to apologize for a small miscommunication.
What im saying is we do what it takes to win and have fun while were at it. Our actions will speak for itself as well as our motives for using certain skills which some might consider broken. But then again you have people like Maikai and Hilbert coming out, giving metrics and data for a reason to promote change for the BETTER.
It wasn't "some" people, it was you guys that were saying it was broken, proving it was broken, then putting together full teams using those broken abilities. Is there any doubt as to which fleet had the most to do with making FAWscorts as popular as they became? That was because you guys amped up how broken FAW was by using them in scorts so much. You may not have been the first to ever put FAW on a scort, but you guys definately were the most effective with it.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 69
11-20-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindsmygears1 View Post
It wasn't "some" people, it was you guys that were saying it was broken, proving it was broken, then putting together full teams using those broken abilities. Is there any doubt as to which fleet had the most to do with making FAWscorts as popular as they became? That was because you guys amped up how broken FAW was by using them in scorts so much. You may not have been the first to ever put FAW on a scort, but you guys definately were the most effective with it.
Then, are we to blame for using it so effective, where we can debate on how one would define or even use the terminology broken in this sense. Isnt it more Cryptics duty as developers to do something about it? WHY are always the players who can mix up a good build, using NON-p2w skills/abilities and STILL get bashed for it STILL get shafted??

As i said, we use what is given to us to such an extent to promote said change or/and win battles.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
# 70
11-20-2012, 08:09 AM
I look at it like the army ROE and EOF if it is a fun game cool if its a cheese game I have it in my inventory.

If I'm getting tractor spammed well guess what chain SS and AMS
If I'm getting drained chain VM.
If the player is dogfighting hell yeah let's do this.
It's all about fun. But if I get hit dirty ill play dirty.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 AM.