Lt. Commander
# 251
11-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
I see a lot of people saying "I ran STF's for 3 days" or "I farmed STF's for a week" and I got full mk xii.

Well, what does that mean? 18 hours/day. 80 STF's/day. What?

Most players don't have the time or the patience to do that. You still ran hundreds of STF's to get what you wanted. Run hundreds of STF's now, and you'll have the same result. The only difference is that it won't be random and you can't do it immediately. You've got to wait a little. I realize that's tough, but it's not that tough. This new system is more accessible to the vast majority of players. I don't love it, but I understand why casuals might like it. Patience is a virtue or so I'm told.

Let's look at other games. WoW and DCUO are the 2 games I'm most familiar with outside this one. In both of those games, there's a waiting period before you can do endgame content again. It's not half an hour like STO. It's 3 days or a week. So, maybe you'd prefer that system. Do your Infected Ground Elite STF and then have to wait 7 days before you can do it again. Now how long will it take to get your mk XII set?

Having said all that, I have no doubt I'll be outraged when I see the cost to get mk XII gear. I'm expecting 10000 Omega Marks and 500,000 dilithium or something equally insane. I will at that point be just as angry about the system as many of you are right now.
This is my assumption as well. And the drop rate was insane. My kdf toon got the mark 12 shield on like the third infected space. But i ran cure for the last 2 weeks averaging 4 or 5 times a night and didnt even get a salvage let alone a tech. So at most 70 runs and nada.

And that was the complaint for casual players; that the random drop system basically said you can only run stf's until you complete the set. So i elieve they purposefully made it so you dont "need" to run them. But could if you want to.

And the neural borg drop where you need 5 for 1k dili isnt actually that bad. They kept the same rate for the edcs. 5 runs on elite got you 10 edcs an that was turned for 1100 dili.

But i also agree that gettin tier 1 should simply open the tier 1 store. Not a project for it.
Career Officer
# 252 Agreed
11-20-2012, 10:11 AM
I told my fleet mates it would be up to them to continue or stop contributing dilth to the SB projects, since we have T2 Fed and KDF SB's with adv fleet items.
After seeing the requirements for the new system, most of them have either stopped playing or reduced their time playing. We all loved the gear drops from the stfs as well as the chance to get the tech or salvage and most of us have mutli toons so it makes it very difficult to properly play each one. Since the dilth exchange is in the tank I told them to hold on to their dilth and use for their on purposes.

So our 4 to 5 man fleet SBs will be at a stand still, I'm sure as others are also.
Lt. Commander
# 253
11-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenjacen24 View Post
This is my assumption as well. And the drop rate was insane. My kdf toon got the mark 12 shield on like the third infected space. But i ran cure for the last 2 weeks averaging 4 or 5 times a night and didnt even get a salvage let alone a tech. So at most 70 runs and nada.

And that was the complaint for casual players; that the random drop system basically said you can only run stf's until you complete the set. So i elieve they purposefully made it so you dont "need" to run them. But could if you want to.

And the neural borg drop where you need 5 for 1k dili isnt actually that bad. They kept the same rate for the edcs. 5 runs on elite got you 10 edcs an that was turned for 1100 dili.

But i also agree that gettin tier 1 should simply open the tier 1 store. Not a project for it.

I ran 6 a day generally. Three ground in the evening and three space in the morning. I had my full ground and space sets before I had the 50 mission accolade.

That includes full both tiers of full MACO and the last tier of Omega. Getting the final parts of Omega did seem to take forever, but that's still less than month's worth of work for my sets.

Last edited by aeonjean; 11-20-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Career Officer
# 254
11-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoramius2 View Post
I told my fleet mates it would be up to them to continue or stop contributing dilth to the SB projects, since we have T2 Fed and KDF SB's with adv fleet items.
After seeing the requirements for the new system, most of them have either stopped playing or reduced their time playing. We all loved the gear drops from the stfs as well as the chance to get the tech or salvage and most of us have mutli toons so it makes it very difficult to properly play each one. Since the dilth exchange is in the tank I told them to hold on to their dilth and use for their on purposes.

So our 4 to 5 man fleet SBs will be at a stand still, I'm sure as others are also.
Thats the sad truth
Lieutenant
# 255
11-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
True you need to spend another 40 hours per each item in addition to the 58 days of permission unlock.

The whole we are helping the casuals argument is invalid, htf can it be our problem you don't have time to play.

So the whole damned server has to wait for you to spend quality time with your wife watching survivor until we can play and get all our items locked up because you gave up on ground missions.

Royally to hell with that, if you don't have time to play be gone. Everyone who is actively supporting the "well I can get my sets new!" are actively sabotaging this game
I can replace "don't have time to play" with "don't have patience" and repeat your statement and it makes just as much sense.
Commander
# 256
11-20-2012, 11:28 AM
What I don't understand is why we have to work for things we already have? Why do I need it again?
Starfleet Veteran
# 257
11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
Cryptic.. Can we please have more project slots for the reputation system?

3 seems inadequate for your "wonderful?" new system. Here I thought we're all travelling faster than speed of light.
You can... but it costs 20,000 Dil and 5,000 Zen
Captain
# 258
11-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadmbambam View Post
What I don't understand is why we have to work for things we already have? Why do I need it again?
Because the system needed to be fixed for the long haul. Also, you don't have any of the Romulan stuff or the Captain skills.
Commander
# 259
11-20-2012, 01:39 PM
They could have just as easily made those into projects instead that we would have to unlock, rather than resetting everyone to 0.

I ran 3-4 ESTFs a night for about 3 months, probably 4 nights out of the week. I have a single character with just about everything MK XII, every tech, and missing the maco gun. All I needed to do was run KASE until I got it.

Now, I have to run the same 3-4 ESTFs, yet again, for the same amount that I ran before to get everything I had, just to get to the point where I can ask for permission to BUY the gun I need to complete my set.

Most.Screwed.System.Ever.

They should just replace the dilithium requirement with Fleet Marks and decrease the wait time by 20 hours per project. That MIGHT give me an incentive to run through this crazy gauntlet of BS.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.

Last edited by daiouvegeta2; 11-20-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Commander
# 260
11-20-2012, 01:41 PM
so apparently there'a a new patch for tribble. it's going to cut all project timers for tier 1 and 2 projects from 40 hours to 20 hours. it's a start. back to the negotiation tables. this is starting to look more and more like the NHL lockout.

let's keep store unlocks at 40 hours.
move all consumables to a store unlock
make all equipment requisition projects 1 hour
add additional ways of generating reputation

if we can't get rid of the system, let's make some reasonable requests to help shape the way it's implemented.

Last edited by xsharpex; 11-20-2012 at 01:44 PM.