Captain
# 261
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
About the rep system: The grind is strong with this one.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Commander
# 262
11-20-2012, 01:44 PM
So, once you get to Tier 3, 4, and 5, where a lot of us are at (MK XII, etc), we're still sitting at the same spot we were before. Not good enough. Not even close.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Career Officer
# 263
11-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
About the rep system: The grind is strong with this one.
100 % agree !!! lol
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Lt. Commander
# 264
11-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsharpex View Post
so apparently there'a a new patch for tribble. it's going to cut all project timers for tier 1 and 2 projects from 40 hours to 20 hours. it's a start. back to the negotiation tables. this is starting to look more and more like the NHL lockout.

let's keep store unlocks at 40 hours.
move all consumables to a store unlock
make all equipment requisition projects 1 hour
add additional ways of generating reputation

if we can't get rid of the system, let's make some reasonable requests to help shape the way it's implemented.
More suggestions:

* Combine everything to just Marks....get rid of the 3 different types of marks
* All missions should provide generic Marks and dil...simplify the currencies and rewards
* cut the price down on the equipment req's...right now, it is double taxation...
* Give some kind of teaser daily rewards for folks to login

The old system, I could buy Mk XI gear with EDC and I knew what to expect...this new system is just too expensive. I have to grind to have the right to buy, then dump/grind more stuff to purchase?

I want to do Trek stuff, .... not farm things like Cartman in his mom's basement playing WOW.

Thx
Locutus
Career Officer
# 265
11-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
so apparently there'a a new patch for tribble. it's going to cut all project timers for tier 1 and 2 projects from 40 hours to 20 hours. it's a start. back to the negotiation tables. this is starting to look more and more like the NHL lockout.

let's keep store unlocks at 40 hours.
move all consumables to a store unlock
make all equipment requisition projects 1 hour
add additional ways of generating reputation

if we can't get rid of the system, let's make some reasonable requests to help shape the way it's implemented.
None of this will fix the damage done to was once a vibrant STF community.

Whilst we're making some minor progress lets not forget what the overall change has cost us.

In addition I think what we are seeing here in S7 was an attempt to test how receptive we would be to the PW development model for their other games :p

They dipped their toes and got scolded... lets see what happens next.
Career Officer
# 266
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
OK, suggestions:

20 hours for all projects max.

Remove the token Dilithium cost for upgrading to the next Tier - it's insulting and smacks of Cryptic not being able to have the rep system their way.

Move all store projects to the 'upgrades' slot so we can continue to earn rep whilst buying stuff.

Store projects should take an hour at the most.

Extend the time for the BNP hand-in - seriously, why 15 seconds? That could take an hour and I wouldn't care - it's in an upgrade slot anyway.

Review the Doff requirements - for those of us not in a fleet and not wishing to join one, the Doff costs at Tier 1 alone are punitive.

Unlock the Omega Crates at Tier 1.

Re-introduce the optional and end-game loot for STFs (salvage can be replaced with Omega Marks and/or BNPs).
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 11-20-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 267
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
They say it takes 2-3 months to unlock the entire rep system, just to get mk xii gear. When I originally started playing this I hit level 50 in five days, ran maybe 20 elite stfs and had my full space gear and weapons. it takes 2 projects running back to back longer than it did for me to get my full space loadout, how is this new system better??
Commander
# 268
11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
None of this will fix the damage done to was once a vibrant STF community.

Whilst we're making some minor progress lets not forget what the overall change has cost us.

In addition I think what we are seeing here in S7 was an attempt to test how receptive we would be to the PW development model for their other games :p

They dipped their toes and got scolded... lets see what happens next.
lol. we will never forget. i certainly will not. sharpe has not powered a stf since season 7 began. there's still a lot of work to be done, though.
Career Officer
# 269
11-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Quote:
lol. we will never forget. i certainly will not. sharpe has not powered a stf since season 7 began. there's still a lot of work to be done, though.
We had some awesome times brother. PESTF used to be such a vibrant place... if we could get that atmosphere back I wouldn't care if an tier upgrade took 3 days

True I've been putting together my thoughts on paper and may post it what I think in full at a later date
Commander
# 270
11-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
We had some awesome times brother. PESTF used to be such a vibrant place... if we could get that atmosphere back I wouldn't care if an tier upgrade took 3 days

True I've been putting together my thoughts on paper and may post it what I think in full at a later date
pestf is only going to get worse, especially with what's happened. undergeared and underprepared is going to be the new status quo. i've got enough people on my friends list and via fleet to keep my powered stfs going for a good while. i hate to be that guy, but most of the people that's going to be flooding that channel are the sames ones here supporting the system. they can battle through this system with people like themselves. they dug their respective holes, let them pew pew in it with their blue mk xi weapons and green consoles.