Lt. Commander
# 81
11-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
The teams with Era generally were clean; we just got whupped.
Lately, with the decline in active players, there has been more interaction between the daytime players and the "nightshift" in the fleet - which means more opportunities for me to yell at people on vent who use GravPulse, AMS etc.

My general guideline is to try to get the other players on a team to stop using things that I wouldn't want to see being used against me.

Previously there was a big difference between the daytime crew and the nightshift. Both groups had comparatively little contact because of the different active times. Also because of the time difference basically all scheduled premade or tournament matches were played by the daytime crew which during 2011 closely resembled the former Wizards team.

I miss the Wizards
Career Officer
# 82
11-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Whatever happened to good ole GLHF?
[23:35] Horta deals 1738411 (1538303) Toxic Damage to Centurion Engineer with Corrosive Acid.
Captain
# 83
11-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
"We left because people resorted to p2w and the heavy dependency of it"

"Try GW2 for a change where you cant buy skills for an easy victory"

- says the hypocrite that i last saw in a Vesta being flanked by two TSI Oddy healers and a 4th TSI in a Jemmy. Do you even know what you're ****ing talking about?
Yes, to stay competitive we too have to adapt and follow suit cause of what the Devs are throwing our way. If not we would LOVE to keep it back at 1.2. Besides, atleast we didnt use theta radiation, grav pulse and other "broken" stuff during that match.
Again , try GW2! Lets see how well people fare when they cant buy themselves to an easy victory.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 84
11-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindsmygears1 View Post
I agree. The era of era has long since passed though.
And they wont come back, though a very slim chance, because they got sick and tired of all the p2w **** ruining the game. The remainder who stayed have just followed suit with the others, adapted and gone along with the C-store and Lobi stuff to still be competitve and have fun.

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 85
11-20-2012, 01:34 PM
I've been on the end of some unpleasant teamed abilities but with a few exceptions I tend to think it's silly to hold a whole fleet accountable for the actions of one or two people. Even the fleets that outright brag about having no conscience or in-house rules on cheese tend to be home to some players I'm very fond of who I know play cleanly, so it's kind of counterproductive anyway.

At least the whole TBR thing's died down. Came this close to going dirty during that one's heyday. lol

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 86
11-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Even if some of these players aren't playing anymore, we can at least remember them through videos.

Here's an old video I enjoyed:

Kh'arn is still annoyed at losing this game (read the comments ):

I wish we had a QEW for the Klingon side. We really need it.

SW vs QEW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppwIE8SvF80&feature=plcp

Has some really interesting tactics by QEW, especially with tractor beams.

And btw, I love videos with the voice chat enabled. It really adds to the games.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.

Last edited by snoge00f; 11-20-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Captain
# 87
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Seriously, whats with the TSI bashing? Bitter much? Not to mention double standards as most players did the same as we did, if not esscalated it by adding in the p2w, while complaining.

Atleast we made these issues surface so something could be done with it. We left because people resorted to p2w and the heavy dependency of it. There was nothing more to gain from it as people bought their victory instead of earning it like true pvp`s by the abilities given to all fairly. That Cryptic cant balance the game isnt our problem, but we make them AWARE of them.

Try GW2 for a change where you cant buy skills or an easy victory. I bet those who do some will come back to STO crying that they found it too hard.
Oh, so you're using weapons, consoles and gear you earned through playing missions? I know many people that can't afford a single purple XII weapon/console. If you lived by your word then you would only be using rewards that you earned in-game for your equipment and ship because not everyone can afford good XI or XII gear. If you are using good XI or XII gear then you effectively have an advantage over someone that can't afford to spend tens if not hundreds of millions of EC on the exchange to get that gear and it completely invalidates your entire argument as being hypocritical.
Lt. Commander
# 88
11-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I did not know this existed (since it is not from someone in SW). And I'm in this match! I'll have to watch it in detail this once I have some free time.

I miss Pjokk and Wrath and Era...
Career Officer
# 89
11-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
Thanks for the link. I did not know this existed (since it is not from someone in SW). And I'm in this match! I'll have to watch it in detail this once I have some free time.

I miss Pjokk and Wrath and Era...

Guapos has some really good videos. I never got to see much of QEW or SW teams, so it was a welcome find.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 90
11-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:

Guapos has some really good videos. I never got to see much of QEW or SW teams, so it was a welcome find.
Oh those were happy and FUN times. I can still remember Kharn raging over losing. But most from QEW i miss Tide the most... oh and Goose!